Wikipedia article of "Gym"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gym
>Body management is gendered. Women arguably have the most pressure to maintain a "desirable" appearance. Especially in the contemporary West women are pressured to be thin while maintaining a curvy appearance. Regarding exercise women find aerobics makes them feel inadequate and view weightlifting as a masculine activity.[7] While men tend to have to walk a thin line when dealing with aesthetics in order to not appear feminine. Currently some of this tension has been relived because of the metrosexual movement which allows men who work on their appearance to be more socially accepted.[8] Some women face obstacle in the pursuit of fitness. Women tend to be more social in gym settings as they often go in groups and interact with other members. This can become a distraction from exercise. Women are also more likely to face “harassment” from the opposite sex. This is usually limited to unpleasant looks or unwanted conversation. But some men have been known to pursue their “targets” more actively, such as following them around the gym or figuring out their schedules in order to be present during their workouts. As a result some females actively try to avoid any interaction that would disrupt from their workout.[9]

>Gym staff are trained not only in fitness but in social interaction. Its nearly impossible to ignore the social culture created in these gyms and it causes deviation from exercise

>Supplements are the male equivalent of make-up, it provides hope.[12]

is Wikipedia correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_failing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Ed/Florida_International_University/Basic_Ideas_of_Sociology_(Fall_2016)
it.fiu.edu/helpdesk.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wtf, who wrote this shit?

REE FEMINISTS

Some man the harpoons tier feminazi most likely.

Liberals

>women go in groups and get distracted from their workouts
>but women also avoid being social so as not to distract from their workouts
Was this written by a stroke patient?

Lmao, i'm the physiologist improver when i do my compounds and the social cunt when i'm doin isolations

>>>Supplements are the male equivalent of make-up, it provides hope.[12]
except makeup actually does something

Went and deleted it. Wonder how quick some feminazi wikipedia editor will come and revert it.

this was written by somebody too intelligent to lift

Got reverted. The person who wrote all that shit seems to be a Dominiquejrivera, and all of it was added in the last 2-3 months.

Can we all agree that wikipedia is dead now? What a fucking joke.

>Florida Gym
Ayyyyyyy that was unexpected

I edited out the supplements part.

>"Removed incorrect information from someone who is neither a man nor goes to a gym."

How did I do?

>Especially in the contemporary West women are pressured to be thin while maintaining a curvy appearance.
that's America and Africa, not the "West"

>Women arguably have the most pressure to maintain a "desirable" appearance. Especially in the contemporary West women are pressured to be thin while maintaining a curvy appearance
>/fat/ will deny this while having hourly fat people threads and complaining about women who don't have single digit bodyfat

Going to the gym has nothing to do with losing weight, it does not belong in this article in the first place

Triggered

that "gym interactions" section is the worst

what?

>women tends to be more social, go in groups and interact with other members
>women are more likely to face harassment from opposite sex
>unpleasant looks or unwanted conversation
Well maybe if they stopped blabbing around all the time and wore something else than skintight leggings and a bra others wouldn't bother them as much.

>complaining about women who don't have single digit bodyfat
No one does this. Please leave

Found the SS victim.

>bar-bells

>tfw a huffpost editor edits the wikipedia article on gyms

That's biology, you fucking idiot.

Seriously. I was just in the gym an hour ago.

>move to flat bench, grab some dumbbells
>bunch of ditsy 23-25 year olds getting "trained" by some woman
>all of them wearing skin tight leggings and doing butt exercises
>trying to focus on my lifts because I don't give a fuck, the gym is the temple of self-improvement
>every time I start a set of dumbbell presses I can hear them stop talking
>when I look at the mirror after I sit up the entire group looks away and starts blabbering again
>they all do about one set of whatever the fuck they were doing with the yoga ball

I could barely even concentrate because it felt like I was at a party, not at the gym. It was awkward for me.

>grunting and sweating while working out
>just so they can pretend they come to the gym to work out

yeah, just imagine as if anyone would go to the gym to really actually work out. we're all just pretending, r-right guys?

This has to be one of the worst articles on Wikipedia. Wow.

What the fuck? Who wrote this horse shit?
Is there a way to report this or change it or what?

How much of a loser do you have to be to waste hours a day editing shit for free and arguing with tards on article Talk pages?
This alone is why Wikipedia is the way it is.

I just deleted it

...and it's back

I just deleted it

WTF? When did Wikipedia get overrun with SJW retards? Last time I used wikipedia it was reliable. Is this how they get funds? By turning it into a left propaganda site?

Lolwhat you too? How does it get back so fast or do changes have to be approved first or somethin ?

its been this way ever since people realized you can go in and change things to fit your agenda, so like 4 years

I just found out, both the Gender and Supplements sections were written by some loser sociology student at a university, as part of her sociology homework. Literally a worthless loser.

Also checked, since they have a whole "class group" on Wikipedia, what edits her classmates did. One of them was assigned the "Race and crime" wikipedia page, and deleted mentions of actual crime statistics, and added tons of whining about "discriminations in policing". None of it has been reverted back.

but they're backed up by mods

>university in 2016
>marxist indoctrination camps
sad

The cucks keep bringing the sections backs up.

Is there anyone who's familiar with Wikipedia who knows who to contact about this unsources SJW bullshit?

You're going to have to source this mang

lol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_failing

Found the source
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Ed/Florida_International_University/Basic_Ideas_of_Sociology_(Fall_2016)

It's literally a conspiracy to modify Wikipedia pages to the agenda of this professor. What the fuck?

Maybe Veeky Forums should have its own "group", coordinated in Veeky Forums of course, where we go around fixing Veeky Forums-related Wikipedia pages? We can find sources for everything and MWGA.

Nice find.

We should do this but with InfoGalactic, or else our contributions will just get instantly deleted.

Nobody gives a shit about Infogalactic. If we just set up our own Wikipedia group we can support each other on different pages. Once an edit is highly voted, group consensus makes it difficult to change back.

What is InfoGalactic?

It's a Wikipedia alternative created by Vox Day who isn't politically biased to the left.
They have all of Wikipedia's articles, since they're Creative Commons, so the content is mostly the same excluding edits made on Infogalatic. The advantage is you won't get your edits reverted by a hormonal admin.

Go back to the Wiki page in OP. An admin just re-added the Gender and Supplements sections, and wants to lock the article.

a sjw infiltration starts slow, builds up with time and before you know it you're going face first in to shit. For reference see the comic and video game industries

>relived

Quality article right here, lads.

Surprise surprise, the genius responsible for this article is a sociology student.

Also Veeky Forums stuff like wizards of the coast, so d&d along with all its accompanying Veeky Forums too.
They just take and take and take, then have the Gall to wonder why Trump won.

And I just donated to them..
So is there anything that can be done at this point or is it time to jump ship?

i know the cancer metaphor is overused but it's really shocking how relevant it is. They abide their time and grow in numbers until one day you go to the doc about a cough and it's too late. What the fuck is there left to do other than to sit back and watch?

Fight it when you see little things pop up with friends, convince the moderates you can.
Dont buy vidya games movies tickets to movies, books that support it

(((sociology))) students

Wikipedia had the function of the Palmaris longus muscle being 'jack off speed' for a long time.

You tell me if Wikipedia is legitemate or not. It really isn't true for so many reasons that I don't think anyone would reasonably want to go into it.

Course closed due to an ongoing investigation into allegations against Alfredo Garcia. For further information, please contact the Help Desk at it.fiu.edu/helpdesk.

we did it leddit

What happened?

the page got shut down

link it brah

Nah, its basically just sociology and "studies" trying to ruin everything for everyone like usual. Its hilarious because those majors are probably the most exploitative in Marxist terms.

Kek

Yeah but I mean why
It was up like an hour ago

I'm an engineering student and even we have this kind of shit pop up

You guys will probably hate me for this, but should we ask /pol/ to help out? I'm not autistic enough to get actively involved in wikipedia edit wars myself.

The Admin Locked It, Nothing We Can Do Anymore.

The only uncomfortable interaction I've ever had was courtesy of a liberal woman who I suspected of being a dyke. The bitch interrupted me to play 21 questions about who I am, how long I've lived in this town, etc. I almost thought I looked like a creeper.

Whats the story?

Never saw her in the gym again, just around town. She might have been hitting on me but she's probably such a liberal/feminist that she can't talk without sounding accusatory.

At first I was offended that they'd taken over an article about gyms to the point where 50% of it was worthless sociology trash, but now I'm just angry at how fucking poorly it's written. It's actually laughable how bad it is. The fucking supplement section is ridiculous
>The number of gyms in the U.S. has more than doubled since the late 1980s.[14] Corporations stand to benefit from identifying the imperfections of the human body and offering a correction. The advertisement plays on peoples insecurities and offers them a solution through dietary supplements and exercise to repair these imperfections for profit.
What were they thinking?

>Corporations stand to benefit from identifying the imperfections of the human body and offering a correction. The advertisement plays on peoples insecurities and offers them a solution through dietary supplements and exercise to repair these imperfections for profit.

lmao, if only they could be atleast a little subtle. Who doesn't instantly realize that that whole paragraph is biased as fuck? Weak ass propaganda, senpai.

That mad me laugh, sad!

Biased against who?
It's true.
I mean...who benefits from this?

There's a thread on /pol/ right now

Wikipedia is always like this. Most political issues have an edit war until the sjw side wins and a mod locks it. Unfortunately it looks like it's happening for non political arguments too. Also the writer can't into commas.

Anti-capitalists, and to a lesser degree, pro-HAES groups.

>Supplements are the male equivalent of make-up, it provides hope
Supplements don't help people fake their appearance though. That would be gear.

Biased against gym culture as a whole
It's basically the accepted feminist narrative, and worst of all its unsourced bullshit, but they keep it because reasons

Cool thread, they actually think there are no SJWs in gyms, fags

You all realize that the edit got deleted, right?

I've been lifting for a long time and I've never encountered the shit they think goes on in gyms. Then again everything is feelings for women, so it's hard to tell with them.

>until the sjw side wins

actually, to wikipedia's credit, the side with the best sources/studies/statistics wins.

then again, facts and people who think there is a "side" don't tend to line up very well.

Half the shit in that article is unsourced bullshit, and the stuff that's sourced is just books and articles written by feminists.

Well feminism passes the left's mustard test for reliability.

> porky liberals
> marxist

Link it to KotakuInAction on plebbit and to /pol/ if you want something done.

>Race and crime
read that page and it's also written with terrible sense of puntuation. why do sociology students can't into commas

Just what we need, people spamming KEK KEK SJW SHILL DAY OF THE ROPE on an article that needs to be fixed.
Also,
>reddit
Kill yru'are self

>why do sociology students can't into commas
Because sociology writing is stream of conscious rage

Maybe for scientific things. But political issues definitely have sides, and can't be solved by peer-reviewed studies. Check out the gamergate article.

This is how women think

Some retard with no life is changing it back. Then someone else made it semi-protected

It's actually 2 retards and a mega retard admin

engineering isn't ruined yet, at least not at the school I go to

still encourages drinking, most of the people I know love shit like Cards Against Humanity (including and especially girls), and pranks are commonplace here

they can indoctrinate social studies with the SJW Koolaid but they'll never take my engineering

It's clearly anti capitalist and anti gym culture, you dummy. More typical Marxist drivel.