How the fuck do I quit sugar?

It seems like sugar is everywhere in food and I want to experiment without it. What are the guildlines to it so I can feel the benefits? Does it only apply to obvious foods like doughnuts, cakes, ceral, candy? Hell, even beans have sugar.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRY2Z5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

all unhealthy foods are high in sugar/fat/salt. i try to avoid places and stores that have to much of that stuff. when i visit friends or family i tell them they should stop offering me that shit.

and maybe the most important thing to get off sugar is to not have that kind of food in your home.

some sugar is okay. maybe 35g per day, which is easy to get if you eat fruits

You cant, and shouldn't 'quit sugar'

What you should stop is excessive sugar intake, particularly from anything with additive sugar like candy, sodas, chocolate, cakes, sweets ect

Quitting additive sugar is a good starting point, helps you cut off unhealthy food without limiting your diet too much.

I'm doing keto shit
it fucking sucks
I cant believe how little food there is thats just fat/protein
high carbohydrate intake leads to alzheimers and clogged arteries

eating almost no carbohydrate makes your body much better at using fat for fuel

cholesterol is what is transformed into testosterone

I do competitive cycling
The only time you should eat lots of carbohydrate is when you are doing intense training

Its extremely difficult to do an hour of intense riding in keto but its very easy to do an hour of weight training in keto

>What are the guildlines
Nutritional guidelines actually emphasize reducing saturated fat, cholesterol, salt, and ADDED FAT (oil, butter, cream).

But of course following expert opinion just isn't edgy enough for the average chantard, so yeah let's focus on "quitting sugar" while slamming eggs, steak and cottage cheese all day. Fucking genius. Should we stop eating sugar and eat healthier? On fuck no, because obviously sugar is like heroin, we have to "quit sugar", we can't just stop eating it. Better go to rehab too

And just for your information, donuts and cakes are high-fat and low-carb and typically have more calories from added fat than from added sugar. If you remove added fat from your diet and limit saturated fat and salt, 99% of commonly consumed junk food is automatically disqualified. Sugar is a non-issue pushed by the animal products industry, a simple truth.

The fuck he can't.

You can absolutely eliminate the intake of table sugar and high fructose corn syrup from your diet. If you're referring to everything containing sucrose then suck a dick, you're a faggot.

0/10

This bait is beyond cringe worthy. Not only are you arguing with yourself, you're almost entirely wrong, and.... just stop.

what the hell are you even doing here

Just ignore him. He posts this shit (here and on Veeky Forums) all the time.

>not understanding natural sugars vs added sugars
kill yourself

You just stop eating it. Don't even have sweet things to keep the cravings away. The first few weeks are the toughest. I lot 80 lbs in the year I stopped eating sugar.

Things to watch out for: Almost all cooking sauces or table sauces have sugar added. Some bread has sugar added. "Ready meals" have sugar usually.

Basically, you're going to have to get used to cooking for yourself.

Reading comprehension much?

>Lost 80lbs in the year
bro, you were probably so fat all you had to do was jiggle and skip one meal and you'd lose cals

>denying his input then reiterating pretty much exactly what he wrote
hehexd

It's difficult. Sugar (glucose) is a carbohydrate. The best advice, from a metabolic standpoint, would be not to avoid it, but to use it optimally. I'm doing keto (low carb diet) because I literally feel like crap (sluggish, gross) every time I eat a lot of simple carbs (easily digested sugars.) I time my carbs for preworkout or postworkout so I'm using them for weightlifting directly, or for replenishing muscle glycogen.

Your body works as follows:
>consume carb
>insulin kicks in
>insulin stores carb as glycogen, or fatty acids, which get stored in adipose tissue.

In order to optimally use your carbs, you need to either deplete your muscle glycogen to replenish with carbs, or use it exclusively before weights. :)

u literally just rewrote what he did

I only put sugar in espresso, and I only use turbinado

Yeah man, you're totally right. That's why all those other fat people lose weight so easily. Cutting sugar had the biggest impact for me by far.

ITT: People who know shit about nutrition

Sugar can and should be eliminated from everyones diet, as should processed or refined carbs of just about any kind.

BUT don't go keto or anything stupid- carbs are healthy and part of a good varied diet.

To cut out sugar simply stop buying it and don't buy any processed foods. This is literally all you need to do.

Natural sugars on the other hand should be limited to sub 30g/day according to WHO and that's a fairly high amount. I'd feel better recommending a maximum of around 15g of sugars per day, most of which should come from fruit and veg.

Going above it isn't going to do anyone any harm if they're fit though.

I agree. But it depends on how you feel. For me, sub 40g carbs a day works best because of my insulin issues. I feel more alert. For my carbs, I get them from lactose (milk sugar, to clarify) or from sweet potatoes, vegetables. I rarely eat fruit, except my buffer foods once in a while.

Sugar is not glucose. Sugars are turned into glucose by the body, and stored as fat or used directly.

Subtle but important difference because everything you've said is bullshit otherwise.

Also your liver stores many of the sugars that aren't converted to glucose via insulin and suggesting they're stored as brown fat is full on retarded.

Everyone in this thread seems to have trouble understanding the difference between sugar, carbohydrate sugars and glucose and it's fucking ridiculous.

say's the faggot eating corn...

You need your eyes tested. Eating corn is fine too though.

Cook your own food lazy sod.

How often do you eat this? Is it one per day? What else do you eat?

This is the whole point of keto.

Never, it was my first attempt at mealprep and it was bland and shit so I never made it again

My diet is really good though

Stevia.
amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRY2Z5Q

Is natural sugar a meme then? I don't get any added sugar but I have maybe two fruits/day.

Don't eat packaged shit.