WHY ARE YOU NOT CLIMBING FOR GAINS Veeky Forums REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHY ARE YOU NOT CLIMBING FOR GAINS Veeky Forums REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
> become turbo otter mode
>get jacked forearms with insane finger strength after a while you'll be able to do 1 finger pull ups
>climber girls are hot as fuck and climbing is a easy way to start a conversation with them even in you are beta
> get fresh air and get to enjoy the out doors
>become instantly more interesting when you tell people you rock climb as a hobby
>back gets jacked
So why haven't you taken the climbing pill?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JGzdjJX-MM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Meme exercise

Dude is tiny. Why would I want to be tiny?

I'm afraid of heights.

climbing is literally lanklet exercise

it's a sport that favors lanky bone-thin with decent grip strength.

The girls are cute, but then again so are the ones that prowl crossfit gyms.

i'll pass familia

he is really strong for his size and body weight why do you want to be a fatass?

every climber is a skinny fat fedora tipper with long greasy hair

prove me wrong, pro tip: you can't

you'll get over your fear the more you climb
doesn't mean non lanklets can't get pretty good at climbing not a reason not to climb

here's a pic of alex megos just proved you wrong.

and then? what is the end game for climbers? is it functional? do you work at an organic vegan GMO-free coconut plantation that requires you to scale the coconut palm trees with your bare hands?

Don't even get me started on cost and availability. Most folks don't care to blow 60+ bucks to blow on a membership, much less drive there when they could just walk to their local gym.

Climbing is literally meme exercise. Its fine to do as recreation, but it will never replace normal workout and gym

I'm not a twink

>Skinny fat
Check
>Greasy long hair
check

probably wears a fedora too

it's fun and enjoyable and yes it is functional retard you fat powerlifters are delusional

I do climb. Got to V4s in a few months. Back is coming nicely. Popeye forearms. Girls get wet.

>60+ membership
You can just go find a normal rock user. That's kinda the point too

What is the end game for lifters?

Weightlifting is literally meme exercise.

You Can Also climb buildings, or anything really Good stories from college

Check pic, why would I want be aspire to be a 5'7 manlet that weight 125 lbs when I got zyzz

You can also build a climbing wall at the back of your house, in the garage or whatever, fairly cheaply.

Forgot image.

pic related is me and all i do is rock climbing, rock climbing is GOAT if you want to become turbo ottermode

Manlet detected

because climbers have objectively the most aesthetic bodies a lot of aesthetic than that brown steroid sand nigger zyzz you get on your knees to worship

The guy you mentioned sure as hell didn't

Just found out this is a thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=JGzdjJX-MM0

availability argument BTFO

must be nice to have your parents do all your chores for you. The rest of us actually benefit from weightlifting

But where are your legs and how tall are you?

i'm 6'1
my legs are proportional not too big not too small

>no traps
>no legs
>"forearm"
lmao
impressing girls is piss easy, impressing men takes real effort faggot.

This, its more gratifying knowing a man mires you, no homo

This! If I meet a new coworker or friend of a friend that climbs they're 99% of the time a living meme

>impressing girls is piss easy, impressing men takes real effort faggot.
>impressing men takes real effort faggot.
>impressing men
>takes real effort
>impressing men
faggot

Started bouldering 2 months ago, doing V3 now. Bouldering is fun, i didnt even notice when 2 hours pass. A lot ot qts climb too. I consider doing push/legs/bouldering workouts.

are you just memeing or do you really not knwo what skinnyfat is?

I'm not op or a rocklimber btw

>aspiring to look like an arab on steroids

kek'd

People climb for fun. If you don't like climbing, don't fucking climb then. And if you like climbing, don't try converting people to the climbing religion.
It's just like lifting, people who tend to stick to it usually LIKE lifting weights (like me and most of us here), and most people (if not all) who don't like doing it ultimately fail.

I just realized one thing: So many people don't actually like lifting from the beggining, but start enjoying it after some time. Same goes with climbing.
Just try stuff, if you fail keep trying. Take some time to find out if you're just doing it wrong or if you REALLY don't like it.

That looks really fun, I wish I had one. I bet it costs more than 10 years worth of gym membership tho

you can tell the age of a manlet post like this

It's cool, but it really neglects the legs, back and traps.
It won't get you ripped (no cardio, also no muscle damage to recover from so not a lot of calories expanded)
And it won't get you strong.
you will get better at climbing though
inb4 professionals are ripped - their job is to have high grip strength/weight ratio, their diet is fucking strict.

wouldn't going braless be really fucking annoying when climbing?
I feel like if I was upside down trying to maintain grip and figure out where to move to, that's the last time I'd want breasts structureless and flopping around

>all this climbing vs. lifting bs

Just do both. one doesn't have to replace the other

I climb first. Then clean bench and isolation work on off days. Maximum gains

You don't have legs whatsoever.

She's flat as your chest

Professionals don't have strict diet they eat whatever they want within reason

wheres your back?

>WHY ARE YOU NOT CLIMBING FOR GAINS /FIT
I did when I was 200lbs

Now I'm 242 and everytime I climb, something tears a few days later.

>tfw torn metacarpal muscle prevents me from pressing overhead and nothing else

Literally what the fuck.

>what is this, a body for ants?

They're way too small bro, you look ridiculous

>back is coming nicely
kek

Thank you Lanklet for teaching why to never take up climbing.

I bouldered for 7 years and started lifting a year ago and my current 5x425 deadlift still uses double overhand grip. Feels good man.

do you feel like getting stronger at deadlift helped you in bouldering

YOU ARE FAT OF COURSE YOU SHOULDN'T CLIMB IT'S A SPORT FOR SKINNY/ LEAN PEOPLE

No, I quit bouldering the second I started bulking. You cant rock climb as a heavy person, doesn't matter how strong you are.

Same here, climbing is the first, and also gym to train power and avoid injuries

do you regret not continue bouldering

Did my first fb 7B boulder this summer, first 7b route two months ago. The goal is to break into 8a/5.13 for a few long-term goal projects.

How do you guys find the time and motivation to train legs and antagonists? My knee problems flare up if I don't go to the gym much and neglecting antagonists gives me grief, but lately I am way too tired from training during the week plus going outside on weekends to got to the gym. I am knackered as it is, and after a good session of squats and deadlifts my body tension is screwed for the next days.

switch from heavy squats and deads to body weight exercises squats and deads aren't really going to transfer well into climbing anyways pistol squats

Good suggestion, thanks. I can probably do a simple routine at the climbing gym.

No the rock is just big

Also, any of you guys managed to climb 8a? Onsight 7b or higher?

Interested in experiences. Ist this still achievable for somebody in his early thirties with dedication and training? Only started climbing a few years ago. Regularly onsighting 6c, 7a typically second go. Want to improve, but sometimes afraid of physical age limits.

Because I had a rib chopped out from too many lifts and my doctor says I can't do any climbing/shoulder/chest exercises anymore.

You know what, you've convinced me.

Now, how do I start? Just find a rock and climb it or what?

google rock climbing gyms near me find one and sign up just go over perfecting climbing technique and then find outdoor rock to climb

Lmao at this shit.
Having under 70 kg is great if you're a girl.

POPEYE
O
P
E
Y
E

Aesthetics include height also.
Being emaciated at 5'5 is not aesthetic

No. Elite climbers range from around 5'2 (Ashima Shiraishi) to 6'3 (Toni Lamprecht).

It doesn't cost anything to climb rocks you retard.

Stevie Haston is in his 50s and climbs 9a, so I think you'll be alright. It's one of those sports that you can do for a long time before your cartilage breaks down.

I've seen strong climbers in Fontainebleau pushing 70 years old, bouldering f6c.

kek, if that's your definition of a defined back, my sides thank you for leaving your "ripped" forearms outta the pic.

"bouldering". Just say you play around on plastic pegs on a wall.

look at his legs
That's why.

there's a technique to climbing it's not as easy as ''playing around plastic pegs on a wall'' retard guess how i know you never went on a climbing wall and properly climbed

everybody is built different for their sport his legs are strong enough he doesn't need to squat 3 plate

well you got the skinnyfat part down, now just grow your hair

for a real challenge put a pool of acid or batch of punji stakes on the floor at the bottom

How do you guys deal with losing skin on your fingers to abrasion? I've had to work with breaking and moving concrete and after a couple of days of that, my calluses were worn off and my skin felt like paper.

Everyone I know that climbs has gotten tendonitis and a shitload of other injuries as time went on. It seems dangerous as fuck.

>look like a Little runt
>aesthetic

top kek

mirring hard dude you look desu like every other rock climber

I guess that's an acomplishment

Thanks for your input Mr clearly not a professional.

I'm sure all those NFL guys eat a lot of papa John's every day too

when you're on gear you can eat whatever you want and make huge progress

This guy was a complete skeleton 8 weeks ago

Are all climbers as fucking obnoxious as my friend is? Once you take up the hobby, do you just assume yours is the most interesting and end all recreational activity?

Once my friend took it up, all he fucking asks to do is climb. Hey wanna climb? Le'ts go to a climbing gym. COME ON LETS GO CLIMB DUDE. He even got all of his friends together on a hike so he could have everyone jack him off as he just climbed every fucking rock on the trail when everyone else was just hiking the trail.

Yet, for some odd reason, he didn't want to go on a 50 miler bike ride with me. I wonder why?

>when hungry skeletons get ready for war mode

Have a buddy that went from fatso to super fit by only climbing, and he swims in pussy. Suck on that faggot

>Love bouldering
>Rock gym near me doesn't have all the equipment I want for lifting
>Cost is about to go up to $75/month

I just wanna climb ;-;

Guys can someone help me?
Ive just started climbing few months ago and my palms are sweating as fuck.
BUT, they are not sweating when im climbing but only when im watching someone climb....
seriously....
WTF?

chalk up when you watch

>buy climbing shoes
>buy ropes
>buy chalk bag
>buy swanky shorts th...thanks Veeky Forums?
>drive out to nearest rocks to climb
>it's 12 hours later
>get out of van
>walk past the rock hard dudes and girls
>scoop some chalk and clap hands
>white dust everywhere
>start coughing
>walk it off
>head to rock
>grab hold
>not strong enough to hold on
>turn around and get back in van
>drive 12 hours home
>$700 poorer
>best workout ever

>cant pullup
>cant chinup
>think he can rock climb effectively

>rock climb for gains
>but you have to go to the gym first to get the gains so you can rock climb

>tfw cant climb with this

>get the gains
>pullup
>chinup
are you one of those powerlifters or just fat?

He looks fine you're lying

it is like this. It became an obsession so quickly. Few friends did it. Don't see them much anymore. Can't have a conversation.

your thumb looks sad

Fuck. By fit standards im a total dyel, but my back looked better when I started lifting.

Weight? 160lbs?