Why are Veeky Forumsfags obsessed with getting big?

Why are Veeky Forumsfags obsessed with getting big? Why aren't more Veeky Forums people fighters? I'd rather have wins under my belt than really big arms or whatever.

You'll never be Rich Pina-colada, but I'm sure you could win a match or two.

Why not?

Nothing against getting big, just curious as to why fighting isn't more popular. By all means get huge.

Because autism brah

I don't like hurting other people. If I have to be honest, I have more respect for the iron sports and martial arts than I do for team sports because it's 1v1 and you either win or don't.

because I don't want to be brain damaged?

Be honest with yourself, you probably already are. Also amateur sparring is heavily padded, you wont miss much, and not every boxer is Mike Tyson.

I had to stop and think about this one. I don't really consider it hurting other people because you are defending yourself in a mutually agreed to bout. No one present in the ring didn't want to get punched in the face. It's part of the hobby.

But you are literally hurting them. A girl asks me to spank her ass with a paddle until she's got a bloody blue ass is mutually agreed on, but it still hurts.

You're making them stronger. Every hit increases endurance and bone density.

Gyms are full of people hurting themselves to become stronger. What makes boxing any different from spotting someone?

It's still fighting, though. I just don't enjoy it - I can't explain it better.

It's still hurting people, and it's not defending yourself. You win the bout by attacking, either by defensive or offensive tactic.

I tried to get into fights and sparring, and quickly realized a dislocated shoulder is not good when you are a welder. Gotta keep food in my mouth first.

Interesting photo actually.

See, that's a more Kyokushin style kick than MT. Which is weird since that's fuckign Buakaw.

Notice how there is a lot of snap in that kick! It just shows you how intelligent of a fighter he is and how he i capable of adapting different styles

Defending yourself from an attacker is more than just blocking shots.

You cant stop someone from hitting you by curling up into a huge muscleball and shouting stop hitting me like you're a swede or something.

You have to give them a reason to stop hitting you. With your fists you establish a perimeter.

Looking pretty makes attractive women like you.

Being good at fighting makes dudes wearing headbands like you.

I know which I prefer.

too bad your brain gets weaker
i would love to box but im afraid of losing my wit

Better not to act like a gangsta nigga and not trying to pick fights from the beginning. Besides, 99% of the guys you meet are as unskilled as you, being huge will almost always be enough to win the fight.

whyy would i put my really big arms under my belt

this is so stupid
>i would love to start lifting but im afrain of hurting my body
face it, you're just a pussy

OP I love boxing but there's no boxing gym in my town so i can't spar with anyone. And I don't want to walk down the street and pick a random fight with a stranger.

Yeah, in a street fight. My comment was about fighting as a sport. Some drunk bastard attacks you on the street, yeah, you're defending yourself, whether or not you even throw a punch. You aren't "defending yourself" in that sense inside the ring, you both came there to beat the shit out of each other. The only defense happening there is a manner of tactic.

Semantics, really.

Why not both?

Virgin detected, ever sparred at a fight gym? Full contact sparring will make you appreciate fighters, also there is a reason you get charged as having a weapon if the defence can prove you train at a fight gym.

Actually mixed martial arts is what bridged me into lifting. I havent trained in like 4 years but I think it would be beneficial to everyone to learn basic boxing skills at minimum.

Strength training doesn't cause brain damage over time

you don't need to worry about that m8 ;)

but i do muay thai?

I used to be a fighter, but the commitment was too much to keep up with school and work, so I started lifting and slowly found that I like being big and strong more than I liked speed and endurance. I don't think either one is superior, It's just my own preference.

However, the stigma I've seen against lifting in a lot of martial arts settings isn't doing the athletes any favors. Having been in muay thai and boxing for years, I feel like a lot of fighters could become better by getting stronger and doing exercises (particularly posterior chain work) that could help them avoid injuries and imbalances and thus extend their careers.