Im at a crossroads here fit

Im at a crossroads here fit,

ever since I started lifting ive been researching the greats (reg park, Arnold etc.) and it seemed that they got big and aesthetic by compound movements.

now on the other hand I come here and talk to gym bros and they swear the only way you can put on some admirable size is splits or roids, and compound movements will only net you strength and not size.

which one is it. Cause I dont want to waste my time if im trying to look like "pic related".

(shit even when i asked in a earlier thread about how to look like pic related they said to maintain high levels of dick suck and lift heavy)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit#gid=1093255839
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They got big on steroids and lifting heavy shit. Everything else is a fucking meme. Lift weights in various ways + take steroids + time = get huge. Faggot.

i dont have access to roids.

theres more to lifting then just lifting heavy shit, you and i both know this. i cant just go into the gym and start slamming benches around and expect positive results like the ones im after.

im just trying to get an understanding of where i should go from here....it used to be about numbers for me...but i dont know any more man.

Volume + Roids + proper nutrition

No... There isn't. It's why there are 100000000000000000 huge dudes all doing different shit and people ALLLLLLLL through human history doing different shit and getting huge.
It is literally time+just lifting up shit in various ways+steroids (or perfect diet). Don't be dumb.

i see construction working lift heavy shit all day...they don't look like this. i see power lifters lift in specific ways and certain muscles are more developed in desirable areas then others.

your telling me if i took a set of twins and told them to do those wildly different things, the results would be the same?

increase of volume in compounds? or isolations?

is one better then the other?

You are finally starting to get it. There is no single way to train. The key is finding a way to maximise your training i.e. finding a training style that makes you bigger and stronger. It could be DoggCrap, it could be Sheiko, it could be Westside, it could be anything.

My advice, pick any of the "advanced" programs and run it for 3-4 months. Try to understand how it works and in the next cycle add no more than 2 exercises that fit your goals. After that evaluate your results and do it again, until you have developed your own training.

I do a physical demanding job. But trust me its not the same as going to the gym, its more like a slow cardio kinda thing.

Sure if you gotta carry 40kg boxes that might sound heavy, but it really isnt. Im using my entire body to carry something. Compare that to deadlifts that I do 3-4 times as heavy and it really isnt alot.

Like the other guys said, train hard, eat well, switch up your exercises every now and then. It really isnt rocket science, even the stupidest people at the gym make gains.

Stop obsessing

Both have their place compounds as a basis isolation for lacking bodyparts or parts you cant really hit with compounds

You're dumb. 1) they aren't lifting hundreds of pounds at a time (I work in construction) over and over 2) They eat like shit 3) they aren't on steroids 4) Those guys are way stronger than average and if they got their diet on point or took steroids, they would be in damn good shape. 5) you're still dumb.

Does strength training help make your work easier? I remember my dad got a gym membership sponsored by the place he worked to help prevent injuries.

I worked the same place a while, but I already lifted. Really did notice my lack of cardio though.

Stressing the body in a certain way produces certain adaptations. Is this a novel concept or was it lost when SS/SL became popular?

There actually was a pair of twins who did a brosplit s a 5X5 on here some time ago. I wish I had the picture, they looked pretty much the same but the 5X5 was stronger and had bigger legs and the brosplit had arms that were a bit bigger. There really wasn't much in it.

Im gonna play retard for a bit here (if i have not already)

this guy is obviously (pic related) has more arm mass and more abs then someone who strictly does compounds.

i should stick to my compounds while isolating areas where im lacking? so far the people i have spoken to always tell me choose one or the other, its like oil and water they say, no matter how much you try to mix them it's ultimately a waste of time.

>i should stick to my compounds while isolating areas where im lacking?
YES!

you are correct sir. i am stupid, thats why i am asking for advice.

i understand that concept but there is so much back and forth on what seems to be a simple matter that i get vastly confused and i get scared of wasting time doing something that would not be efficient of beneficial.

some one please find this...

That's retarded.

The only thing is not to overdo it. Look like how something like Sheiko is laid out

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit#gid=1093255839

A fair deal of accessories, but not super extensive, mainly because of a) time and b) exhaustion.

Yes you should and every decent strength training program is laid out like that then put in some periodization and your good to go

>read the sticky
>go back to /mascgen/
>maintain a high level of dick suck
>???
>profit

Fuck's sake. ALL TRAINING IS BENEFICIAL. God, even if you spend 4 months doing Super Arm Blitzkrieg 7 days a week, your training has still been beneficial because you can now press more if you are a powerlifter and you have bigger gunz if you train for aesthetics.

The key, as this user points out is to not go full retard on your assistance.

Well Veeky Forums I actually learned something....Thank you for your assistance..

I apologize if i was off putting in anyway but you guys actually made me come to a conclusion.

You weren't off-putting in any way. You are now farther down the line than all of the pompous retards that do "optimal" training and never even come close to achieving their goals.

Peace.

Anyone have info on this?

Find someone near you (you might even have to drive to another state) who practices Integrative Medicine.

Have them draw some blood.

Look at your testosterone levels.

Doctor will tell you what the medical baseline is.

Tell him you're trying to live an active lifestyle but get fatigued and emotional after a few days.

He'll prescribe you testosterone injections and anastrozole, an hormone blocker that prevents estrogen conversion.

Have fun with your new roids.