If you were me what would you be doing??

if you were me what would you be doing??

just started lifting again after a couple of years hiatus.

currently lifting 3-4 time a week + 2-3 sessions of rowing/sprinting HIIT.

cutting

don't fall for the skinny fat bulk meme

>if you were me what would you be doing??
lifting

grow up tb.h

I'm serious. You should seriously consider lifting, you'll see really good improvement!

It's not Op it's just an user that saw your asinine reply and took offense

>just started lifting
>just started lifting
>just started lifting

This guy needs to cut at -500 until he looks like a skeleton.

Then he needs to +250 bulk.

Very simple.

ss+gomad

>telling skinnyfat to bulk
>SS

sigh

Or he can just start lifting and cut after

OP here. wats dat?

Don't. Starting Strength is a good routine but GOMAD (Gallon of Milk a Day) is designed to increase your body fat percentage. You need to cut at your weight. Eat 500 calories less than you normally do. You need to start counting your macros (fats, carbohydrates, and proteins.)

More memes.

Just keep doing what you're doing. Depending on your goal, keep making sure you lift heavier weights, or focus on the cardio and throw in body weight stuff to keep up the muscle growth. Get your diet in check. We're all going to make it.

No. Take this from a recovering skinnyfat.

You can gain strength on deficit. You can add weight. Every. Single. Time. You. Lift.

Your jawline gets a fuckload better. Lot of self esteem and confidence increase.

You can even build fucking muscle. Not as much as if you bulk, obviously. But some.

Contrast this with getting fatter. Jawline gets worse. You look worse.

When you are fucking dyel and weak you can gain lean mass and fucking strength on a cut.

There is zero fucking reason not to just do this, get really lean, get some definition, look better, feel better, and then start a lean bulk once you are... lean.

m'goal is to lose body fat but maintain muscle

also 142lbs, 5'6 if that help anyone

You should decide on the time during which you will learn.

>jawline gets "better" with a cut
>implying i want my shit jawline to become more obvious

No matter how bad ur jawline is it will look better with less fat on it mang

OP - also anyone willing to take a guess at BF %?

chanks

Just an uneducated guess but id say 12-15 but you have no muscle under it. I agree, cut while lifting and then once you have some good defenition, do a slow bulk around 300 cal surplus. Every fucking person on this board almost told me to bulk and cut afterwards, thank god I didn't listen. Cut and lift as hard as you can. This is a long game.

Don't bulk as a skinnyfat. Don't make the same mistakes I made.

Please follow this advice. As someone that was way stockier and way fatter than you with probably decent at best muscle mass underneath, cut first, I got so lucky with dyel gains that I looked great and even put off my bulk because I had become a lot less obsessed with losing weight since my BF had gone down so much.

If you listen to anything in this thread let it be the user telling you to cut smartly.

not OP but I'm skinnyfat and have been doing a slow bulk for a few months, started at 141lbs at 5'10.5" and now 155lbs. am I making a mistake? at 141 I didn't think I had anything to cut to so I was planning on going to 165-170 then back down to 140

What part of your body do you want to make bigger? Youtube search the best exercise to make that body part bigger and do that. 2-3 times a week on a rolling basis.

Lift with the intention of increasing what you're capable of lifting by at least 5 lbs per session. Before you know it you won't look like a noodle man anymore. Seriously it doesn't even take that long.

Also the bulking and cutting meme is bullshit. Just train like a fighter on top of lifting for strength and you'll look fantastic.

me too. I just look like a bigger version of myself

Abort abort abort

Cut asap.

The thing is, when you are skinnyfat, lifting and cutting, you actually put on muscle, provided your diet is good and you train hard. So you get 'something to cut down to' while you're cutting

You won't be an Adonis but at 10% you'll look way better than you do now. If you bulk from skinny fat.... look in the mirror are you happy with how you look? Do you even think you look better than when you started?

>only train one "body part"

>cut and bulk is a "meme"

Pls post ur body lol

Not op here. I'm torn between lifting and cardio. I work an office job and can only sneak in 15 min to 30 min here and there while at work in a small gym. Given the constants I've decided to lift so far, mostly lots of back stuff, lat pull downs of different grips and seated rows.

My back is much more firm after a month, but my legs are getting fatter. I think I liked being super skinny better. I'm not sure I can get back to where I was with an office job.

Are you a fucking idiot? Hes minimum 20%

Inject test and hop on a strong ai cuz u got the gyno nigga

Not him but you'd be surprised.

He's like 15%

When you have no muscle you look pretty fat at even low bf %

A guy with tons of muscle looks lean and pretty juicy at 15%

Op looks like that st 15%

If you have no muscle youll look like a skeleton at low bf. Not a fat titty bitch with a gut you retarded fuck.

You probably think that little line on your belly means you have abs and are at 10%. Holy fucking shit

>Do you even think you look better than when you started?
No, but it seems like it'd be kind of dangerous to cut to skellington mode. 141 at ~5'11" is already pretty low, isn't it? I don't know how comfortable I'd be going much lower than that. Obviously each person will be different, but do you have any suggestions on what I should cut to?

>this entire post

Top kek you're wrong I'm right

>15%
>low

You know how I know you're a fatty?

explain

Weight is useless, cut down to the point where you don't feel anything jiggle. Serious. That's the best indicator

you won't be unhealthy skinny at like 10 or 12%

>only train one "body part"
>Taking what I said literally
Like he's just going to pick biceps and stop there. No one is that retarded, and if they are, we get something new to laugh at. Everyone wins.

>no one is that retarded

And yet there is some idiot saying "cut and bulk is a meme"

Anons, how much does loose skin affect being able to tell your bf%? I went from 280 to 160 at 5''8. If it's loose does it just flatten or does it sag?

I mean I'm not trying to get bodybuilder huge or anything. I just think slapping some muscles on a guy is what you're supposed to do before you try to turn him into a skeleton if you want to build his confidence, not the other way around.

>fatop is 15%
>hes literally 7 lbs away from 10% being a skeleton with no muscle

Nice delusions you fat fuck. I love how your confidence got shattered after realizing your accuracy at estimating bf%(yours included) is off by 5-6%

this is proof lanklets shouldn't bother working out

Yeah but he should gain some muscle on the cut. Ideally he cuts slow eats clean and in some time he's real lean and got some muscle... and he can start a lean bulk at like +250 and get some nice size

The reason guys say you can't gain muscle on a cut as a literal untrained is because they tried to cut on McDonald's and not watching macros

Of course they didn't gain muscle, they lost it.

If you're a big guy, then you can't gain muscle on a cut. But op? He will.

In reality it's your accuracy that's off user

Why are you so angry also lmfao

The less lean mass is on your frame the fatter you look with the same bf %

Common knowledge

You could google it and save face instead of embersssing yourself like this

i'm 5'6 but thanks for trying

OP here.

knowledge taken from post:

cut
eat clean (start counting macros)

in terms of exercise, does the regime posted in the OP seem sensible enough to continue with as long as i implement the above points?

cheerz

You've shown an actual ability to listen and to learn- something is rare from people asking for help on this board.

Most would have decided 'Nah man I wanna keep eating mcdonalds dirty bulk go big or go home' despite our warnings

Good luck, return with progress pics.

I started with a cut till abs started showing up and from that point I've been doing +200 kcal bulk because I got bored of not getting enough gains.

>tfw your starting body looked like that even though you have natural 550 ng/l measured at day

Not OP, but let's say I don't give a fuck about becoming fat for a year or two and my only goal is to gain as much muscle as possible - is there a difference between a bulk and a cut + lean bulk if I start as a skinny fat?
Which way will give the most gains?