Has anyone here genuinely transformed their psychological profile by becoming Veeky Forums...

Has anyone here genuinely transformed their psychological profile by becoming Veeky Forums? Can the gym make one go from anxious/shy loser to normal?

i had severe social anxiety like shaking when going out and shit and it's almost completely gone after 4 months of going to the gym. i can now interact with people normally in the gym and outside.

i still get it from time to time but it's minor and it doesn't happen very often

going to gym in and of itself won't do anything to fix your personality. getting to know new people there and making friends with them will

Sort of. Running and lifting helps but it's avoiding alcohol that really does it.

Yep. Really helped with depression.
Having control and seeing improvement in one area of life gave me loads of confidence I could make changes elsewhere.
Arnold talks about this in his autobiography, how the discipline and self control of lifting can be applied to other areas of life, like becoming more charismatic, better at winning friends and influencing people etc

Never been as autistic as some of the people on here, but getting bigger has given me more confidence and people respect me more now, so yeah it's helped.

DELET THIS

Absolutely has the potential

Well, I seem to get depressed a bit less now, but seem to get pissed off and disappointed more regularly.

i did.

would prolly kill myself without the gym

It taught me strict discipline which then spilt over into other areas of my life which ended up with me being pretty successful in life so far

My psychological profile has changed from browsing Veeky Forums. I used to be a kind hearted person who only masturbated once in a blue moon to vanilla stuff. This was 10 years ago. Now I'm so deep in the rabbit hole I don't know which way is up anymore. All I know is I lift weights for fun and i have to wear a mask and pretend that I'm someone who I'm not to fit in socially IRL now.

What changes did you make?

The better you look, the better people respond to shit you say and do. The better people generally respond to how you behave, the more self-secure you're going to get. The more self-secure you are, the more confident you are, which in turn makes people like you more again. It's a never-ending circle of increased approbement.

7 years in and still the same. maybe a bit more mature but its more like i've gone deeper rather than completely changed

when I have to approach a cute girl I always get way into my head and end up spergging out somehow, even if a couple minutes into the conversation.

if the GIRL is the one approaching me, then I feel much more calm and can pay more attention on the conversation. since becoming Veeky Forums I get a lot more girls approaching me, so yes, getting in shape helped me. two hours go I called a super cute girl and it went incredibly well. one of the few times I`ve had a phone conversation with a girl where I didn`t get quiet or awkward and we talked and laughed the entire time (16 minutes).

all because SHE was the one starting the conversation when we first met (she actually had a deer-in-headlights look and later made it clear I`m her type, saying that if I run away she`ll "chase me").

getting mired makes you feel more comfortable in your skin.

I went from a socially anxious, self-conscious depressed emo faggot to the alpha male sex god you now see in front of you.

I kid, I kid. I'm definitely not anxious, nor depressed anymore though. Definitely narcissistic...

Pic was at the end of a bulk, cutting now

Yes, my self-confidence improved and I was much calmer when talking to people.

Lifting made me more anxious.

I was always worrying about my progression and shit.

Martial arts on the other hand have made me much more confident. Sparring with a guy who can beat the shit out of you makes you much less a pussy.

Start boxing or something.

Hey dude. here.

How long have you been practicing martial arts? I've always wanted to learn to box, especially because I've been blessed with arms of an orangutan and I've never been in a fight before. Would I get the shit kicked out of me or do they ease you into it?

Not for long, about a month.

And it depends on the gym really, mine you learn the basics first with the head instructor but start sparring fairly soon.

In sparring you don't go all out, and if you're a noob they'll go a bit easier on you, plus they'll give you tips and tell you where you went wrong in the spar. Most gyms have a pretty friendly atmosphere.

Nobody will beat the shit out of you in a spar, but you'll still take hits of course.

What the fuck is wrong with your chest?

I was cursed by the gods to have the worst man-tit chest genetics of all time, but in return they gave me the traps of Zeus himself.

fugg man you give me hope
i look exactly like the left lol

Peanut butter and milk, friend. Peanut butter and milk.

came in here to say this. the conditioning and frequent competition involved in any martial art taught by a serious gym will really boost your psychological well-being.

unless you become one of those cunts that starts going out looking for a fight because you go to bjj once a week

The gym has absolutely not helped me talk to girls. Im still very anxious and unconfident in that regard

However, I dont take any shit anymore. Definitely helped there. And I also generally give less fucks. Ill roll down the street windows down full blasting J pop and not be phased at all if people may think im a faggot. And if someones rude to me I have no issues telling them to fuck right off.

So overall Id say lifting has made me less polite and more of an asshole, but in a way thats healthy for me.

I think lifting gave me a more realistic attitude. I had a dead end job I was sick of. I'd apply for a few other jobs, get discouraged and stop.
Lifting taught me to persevere. You don't lift lmao2plts straight away, you build up to it over time.
Instead of getting depressed over not getting each job I applied for, I started to see it as more as a process leading to a good job.
Like in lifting the individual reps aren't so important as committing to the process of regular workouts. Doesn't matter if you fuck up, as long as you keep going.
Also lifting gave me confidence I didn't have before. I thought I was useless, would never achieve anything, not good at anything. Those first noob gain proved me wrong, they said you can make changes, you can improve.

You're supposed to tip your sparring partner? Fuck me man I must look like an asshole

It helped get them in the door

the issue is I don't say anything when I have nothing nice to say. which is all the time. I wish I could genuinely enjoy what they talk about but it's always dumb shit that I don't care about

3 years ago I had never stepped foot in a gym. Now I'm much more confident, happier with how I look and I generally feel better. It definitely helps with depression but it doesn't cure it completely.

>Lifting turned me into a wagecuck
>Thanks Veeky Forums!

I was a wagecuck before. Thanks to Veeky Forums I'm a much better paid wagecuck that can take expensive holidays, buy better clothes, live in a nicer apartment.
Try it user, having lots of money is pleasant.

nah

This.

I went from being normal to a hyperconfident asshole

Nice gyno

I've been much more vain and materialistic. Also much happier because I spend less time in my head thinking negative thoughts. Better grades and better grills.

Dude, I talked to some random fuckers about watching gifs of people getting their heads blown off on Veeky Forums the other day and laughed about watching someones eyes pop out of their head. They didn't even look at me funny.

Stop wearing a mask in public you fucking psycho.

>implying you just aren't king of the weirdos
There's no way I can go to work and talk about guro with my coworkers on lunch break. I have to hide who I am now.

kek

i went from being subservient to a know it all whose too good for their friends.

don't know about anxiety but it has seriously helped with depression. used to be depressed all the time, started lifting, and now I'm never depressed. I'm not super happy but I'm content and it feels a lot better