I need advice Veeky Forums, it's a little pathetic but just hear me out ok I'm trying here

I need advice Veeky Forums, it's a little pathetic but just hear me out ok I'm trying here.

I'm 6 foot 3, I used to be 375 pounds. I went on a diet, and I now weigh 300 pounds. I'm really proud of my weight loss, and no one can take that from me, but I'm still a land-whale.

So far I've only been dieting. No exercise at all. I've started reading a tiny bit about fitness and stuff, and I keep reading that the best way to turbo boost the weight loss process is strength training/weight lifting. So I'm already dedicated here I can take on new things I got a little confidence after loosing 75 pounds so I'm like fuck yea I'll get a gym membership.

I go to gym, holy shit, It's the worst thing. The exercise wasn't bad, I didn't really know what I was doing but it wasn't terrible. It was the act of publicly performing weight lifting in front of people. Holy shit, I never knew I was so insecure before. I had no idea it was that bad. It was the worst thing ever, working out in front of people.

Do you guys hate fat people at the gym? Is 300 pounds still a little too big to be taking up benches and squat racks for people who actually use them? Should I lose more weight before trying the gym again?

I'd rather walk up to random girls in the street and ask them to fuck me than keep going to gym honestly, it was that bad I was that embarrassed. I didn't know I was capable of such self-shame.

What do Veeky Forums, what practical steps can I take here? I know this is pathetic but I'm willing to listen and I know I can put in the work if I get past this.

No one cares OP, at worst people will think you're trying to change

I mean you could lose the weight without going to gym by like walking, riding a bike (regular or stationary the stationary ones are like 100 dollars on amazon), and you could also do just stuff with your body weight at home as well

weight training is very important to weight loss in conjunction with cardio

you could also buy some home equipment if you wanted, you could even buy some 5 gallon buckets at home depo and just fill them with like wet sand and use those.

Just go. Any person there with self-respect will admire your determination to change yourself.

I actually admire the shit out of overweight people in the gym. I really respect people actively attempting to change themselves.

also good luck op, just keep going

No I don't hate fat people at the gym. I hate fat people pieing out and not trying to change.

Good on your for trying sort of respect.

Anyone who judges you negatively let alone says anything nasty is a faggot.

Keep at it OP or get a home gym. The first time is the hardest. After a while they'll be more impressed with what you have on the bar than how they care about how fat you are.

Get stuck in and don't give anyone else a second thought.

Practical steps: Tactical breathing for overcoming short term anxiety.

Hmm you could just diet down to 270 lbs. Then I would seriously consider going to gym. 270 doesn't look that bad

Here's your answer. At my gym you have a chassidic jew with a big yarmulke and beard coming to the gym 3x a week. You've got old people from 60+ coming. I've also seen some huge people like you lifting weight like it's nothing with back and neck hair coming outside.

Stop being a bitch boy beta fucktard and stop caring what other people think of you.

Thank you very much for the responses. I've heard in the past gym goers say these things, I guess I just never thought they where true because I was told that in person. I figure given the anonymous nature of this website, where you could say anything at this moment with no consequences, if gym goers are still telling me that it's probably true. It actually means more to hear it on a website like this where you have no reason to save face with me, so truly thank you.

That was the plan. I figured around 270 or so I would look like a normal enough person to go to a gym. My main thing right now is that after loosing weight I started talking to girls again and going out a lot, and it's like the speed at which I'm loosing is seriously lame. My diet is crazy strict right now, and some weeks out of desperation for results I will do 1,000 cal per day for a week just to get a quick result. My normal day is about 1500-1700 cals. Loosing another 30 pounds so I can start going to gym is going to take me at the pace I'm going now another two months or so, and god damnit if I'm not desperate as shit to speed this bitch up. Two months sounds like forever when there are girls I'm actively trying to date who have told me they would if I was in better shape.

I should just start smokin meth, get on that zero cal a day shit.

yea well it's true just don't become a dickhead yourself when you make it.

Lemme tell you something mate: You were fat enough to require significant msucle just to keep yoruself upright and maintain automobility.

Keep lifting, eat at a deficit, and you will ultimately meet your body composition goal. I can't guarantee you'll look the way you want but you will look strong as fuck.

Just keep going.

He actually wears the Yarmulke while working out?

And you're completely right, my gym had older people, and a few other fat people, none as big as me but hey they where there. There where some unsightly people there.

You're right. I just gotta fuckin, go, I don't have to be in a relationship with these other gym goers I shouldn't care. If they see me coming back a lot they might actually respect it.

You're right you're right. Idk why I'm so rooted in these insecurities, gotta shake em off. Don't know how but I'll figure it out. I'll read some confidence psychology or something.

Yes. He has some pins to pin it with his hair. For the rest he has a short and normal tshirt. But when he goes back outside he puts back his long black clothes.

I mean there is no problem being a fatass in gym. I just thought it would be mentally easier for you as 270 lbs

also good luck mate, see you in a year in bear mode

>still a land whale
Well at least you know that. I loose 10 lbs and I think I'm Dorian Yates

thank you, I can only hope.

go to gym everyday and stop caring. lift weights while looking into people's eyes that's what i do. im 6 foot 4 and 280 lbs. i was 330 lbs.

A lot of the people there used to be fat or out of shape. The people you think are smiling because they are making fun of you are actually proud of you. People are rooting for you in your their heads and hoping you come back. We want you to win. :D please come back your gonna make it.

Just keep going, anybody that judges others at the gym is an insecure asshole and 99% of gym goers are nice (in my experience).

No one cares. Just don't sit on the machine diddling your phone for 10 minutes between sets or be an ass.

If you never worked out start embarrassingly slow with light weights or just calistenics and cardio. Real easy to hurt yourself by doing too much too fast and those tendon and joint injuries stay with you for life.