Loose skin

is this shit legit?
bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

tl;dr
Not wasting my time with that ugly as fuck color scheme/layout.

pretty much says that you will not have loose skin if you dont lose weight too fast and if you don't lose lean mass
is this shit legit or not?

It's half truth.
At a certain point you're going to have loose skin no matter what you do. But if you're young, lose it slowly, and have good genetics, you're good to go.

There is a point of no return for everyone though.

1. Don't get fat
2. Don't lose triple digit poundage
3. Don't end up with loose skin showing you were a lazy sack of shit in your former life
4. ??????
5. PROFIT

You tell me if my loose skin is a myth. I've never been very strong at all, but I have been morbidly obese. I lost 100 pounds in about 9 months and have an excess of loose skin that's really embarrassing. It makes clothes harder to fit and it will not just go away with gained muscle mass. I will most likely need surgery to correct it.

So no, loose skin is not a myth. It can be controlled better with gradual weight loss and not getting really fat in the first place, but there is definitely a "point of no return", as said.

dem drooby nibbles :DDDD

Im about to live this nightmare anons. The lower half of my pecs droops despite the cut and mwss in the upper and center parts and i have that pouch under my abs.

How much does surgery generally cost to get all this stuff fixed?

The losing weight too quick is bullshit. Think about it.

Be a hambeast and lose 2lbs a week. Finish in 12 months. Skin has only had 12 months to start recovering.

Same but 1lb a week, skin has 24 months to start recovering.

When you reach your goal, yeah, you'll probably have more loose skin. But given the same amount of time, you'll have the same, or even less, if you have less fat in their stretching it out, your fat won't be bottle-necking your recovery.

If you're going to have loose skin, you're going to have it. Nothing you can do about it now. If you were worried about loose skin, you shouldn't have gotten fat, or been as fat for as long. Loose skin looks way better than fat 99% of the time anyway. You'd have to be a humongous beast to have the amount of loose skin as John Glaude, he lost 170lbs. If you're losing under 50lbs, you're likely to never even be able to tell. 100lbs and you might end up with a small paunch.

No, and I'm really fucking tired of having this topic come up.

This needs to be added to the sticky so we can stop having these threads.

Loose skin is caused by permanently damaged skin elastin. The damage is caused by excess subcut fat.

Losing weight slowly does not prevent loose skin.

Dermarolling does not prevent loose or repair skin.

Lasers cannot correct loose skin.

[DIET TRICK] does not prevent or repair loose skin.

You cannot reasonably build muscle to "fill in" loose skin.

Creams do not work on loose skin OR stretchmarks.

Loose skin is predicted by total % of your initial body weight you intend to lose. The closer to 50% total mass = the more fucked you are.

Anything over 30% will most definitely cause some loose skin.

Whites have the worst outcomes as out of all races we have the worst elastin.

Men have the worst outcomes compared to women due to the differences in fat storage between the genders.

Youngies tend to do "better" but you'll still have loose skin.

THE ONLY POSSIBLE CORRECTION FOR LOOSE SKIN IS EXCISION VIA SURGERY.

Anybody who tells you anything other than whats listed is lying to you.

Just lost over 130 lbs, I have loose skin. It'll get worse as I reach my goal, but fuck it. Enjoy your health and living a significantly longer and better-quality life. Loose skin is a small price to pay.

Loose skin will simply disappear over time.

No it doesn't.

Extremely slowly, you might need to live several life times if you have as much as in OP.

This except you can pay an even smaller price to remove the loose skin. Abdominoplasty costs as much as a couple decent holidays. Just start saving up now, putting money aside, and you can decide at a later date. If you don't need/want surgery, buy a decent used car or something.

>Dermarolling does not prevent loose or repair skin.

This is 100% bullshit. I had extreme stretch marks and know for a fact that they make the scar tissue less noticeable immediately after use.

That web-design

It doesn't, its placebo, and if you actually think it made it instantly better you're obviously delusional.

nu uh

no nigga, obese2beast will never have tight skin in his life unless he gets surgery.

What the fuck is that abomination?

It's complete and utter bullshit. Yes, you want to get to a low bf and work out to fill in as much as possible, but when you are extremely obese, have been that way for a long time and have shit skin genetics, there is no coming back from that.

The best thing you can do is either man the hell up and deal with the fact you'll have loose skin or stop indulging in some of your other pleasures and start saving up a little at a time for surgery.

Also, losing weight too fast and it causing more loose skin is a myth.

What did you weigh before you lost it?

this guy is wrong. i've known multiple pregnant women that have used a dermaroller and have actually seen results.