Who /BlueCollar/ here?

Who /BlueCollar/ here?

>tfw chef
>forced to eat all kind of carbs

Are chefs really considered blue collar?

only the executive chef is white, anyone else in the kitchen is blue.

I'm a 35 year old chef at Wendy's
I consider myself white collar

Carpenter here

>mailman
>walk 10 miles on average every day
>eat all the shit
>never gain fat

What shithole country do you live in that mailmen fucking walk lmfao

>forced to eat all kind of carbs
>implying carbs are bad

England.
We deliver thousands of letters a day, not really feasible to drive to every house given most of them are a few meters apart.

I suppose Americans would drive between houses though.

>being this much of a sad cunt

Not him, but what would be the point? In an urban environment it would probably take longer if he had to haul around a scooter.

m8 being a postman is class.
2nd highest paying non-skilled job in the country (great for a ex-loser like me who fucked up education)
Burn 1500-2000kcal extra every day.
No boss being a dick head at me for 90% of the day.
Literally as much overtime opportunity as I could ever want.
Finish at 2.30PM every day so can go to the gym before it gets busy.

Honestly, to any UK NEETs or general unsocial fucks like myself, being a postman is the best.

>be welder/fabricator
>huge bars of steel, angle iron, I-beams, and u-channel, of various sizes
>don't actually know how much any of it weighs, but I find something that's heavy enough to be a task and lift worth it on my lunch breaks

*with it

no worries mayne. just experiment with macro ratios and don't believe articles that try to enforce extreme ways of eating. just know that protein is important obviously but severely overrated (it's the most widespread supplement). carbs are not evil and they are important for muscle growth and they don't make you uncontrollably fat overnight.

forklift operator here, i work 12h shifts, day n night so i either do not sleep at all or sleep 13-16h a day! This job is destroying me psychocigaly and i have sleep paralize and fucking psychosis.

>Unsocial mailman

Faggot. I feel bad for your route. My mailman is the king. He hangs out and has beer with me and stuff. Chill as fuck.

I do construction on people's houses, so I'm thoroughly blue collar. It's ok. I'm still young enough not to feel like a failure and I could still go up in the world if I play my cards right and make my bones.

The money is a lot better than some service sector bullshit. I'd rather panhandle than ring people up at the grocery store or whatever. For some reason working in retail represents utter failure to me. If you're a strong guy there's plenty of real work that needs to be done.

One thing l like about my job is that I get a lot of mires from the wives and daughters of our customers. And the gay customers too. And I like staying active all day and occupied at work. And not bored.

>tfw known between my coworkers as 'The Big Guy'
>tfw they call me to help them lift 40kg box of potatoes because it's 'very heavy'
>tfw became the spine of the kitchen in my very first months

we're all gonna make it baby

You would be wrong.

Most American mailmen are fat, but they do have incredibly large quads and calfs. Likewise for any other countries, it really depends on their route. If you're delivering in the city, you're going to be walking a lot. If you're delivering in the suburbs or rural areas, you're not going to be walking to farmhouse to farmhouse.

Used to hang sheet rock 10 hours a day. Was pretty much impossible to progress in the gym, so I'm going to roid when I start that terrible job again

>welder/pipe fitter

Shit can be hard some days and struggle keeping to my schedule and eating healthy but I would kill myself if I worked in an office.

I'm blue collar (although my uniform is green), I'm a cop.

You'd figure you get a lot of physical activity but between the stress and the long hours (the real money you get comes from off-duty work) it's hard to stay in shape sometimes.

question mang:

why do welders not wear masks... all that high heat + metal work = shit into your lungs, no?

I'm a bartender. Is that blue collar?

Yeah not many old welders around who are healthy I don't wear them because its simply too cumbersome. Only time I do wear them is in the work shop doing long welds normally out on site your in the open and doing short welds.

Blue Collar vs. Engineering???

I'm currently in Mechanical Engineering but I'm really thinking about dropping and going for welding or electrician because it's cheaper and less stress.

Do you think it's a good call bros?

> used to do labor jobs as part time jobs right after school (farming etc)
> got somewhat in shape
> studying at home while not working
> got grades good enough to start med school
> tfw now I spend 10h/day sitting watching classes/studying at home
> tfw became lazy ass fuck

No that's stupid user if you have the ability to become an engineer you should go for it. I'm currently an electrician going to night school becoming a technician thankfully the company are paying for it just wish I did it when I was younger.

No, thats service.

It is a good call, did engineering, now I can't find a job and I'm probably going to end up in the trades anyways. They pay well and I've been working at an excavation company and have a decent amount of plumbing experience.

Firefighter. Wife is a nurse. Rotating shifts so we're off during the week to go to the gym or beach during warmer months. Can't complain. Living comfortably at age 30.

Do you make it so that you and your wide do same shifts? I can imagine it being hell working opposite shifts.

bruh

>Wendy's
>chef

If all your life you've just gone too school and don't have a lot of experience working on houses and using tools you're in for a bit of a rude awakening my friend.

Graduated high school last spring and have been doing a co-op with an electrical company and it kicked me in the ass

Was not used to getting up early and the amount of physical work and got sick twice during the first few months. If you have a good work ethic it pays off. Now Im gaining confidence and experience and my company wants to hire me for a month (getting apprentice wage) to see if they wante for an apprenticeship