Deltoid muscle

What are the best exercises to target deltoid muscles?

I realize this seems to be a common complaint with bodybuilders.

I try to do to do overhead press very often, but am having trouble getting my deltoids bigger.

I have also tried French press but I think that targets triceps more

Are there other exercises for a bar with weights on it?

Behind the neck press

Just give em one of these

barbell lateral raises

Upright rows but carefully you dont take the road to snapcity

Behind the neck press (inb4 the legion of dyels who seem to think btn press serves no function)

Lateral raises with good form, do these every workout if you can. Delts tire quickly, but recover quickly too.

And as user above said, upright rows, but not with close grip bro-form. Take a wider grip and only raise the bar to the point where your upper arm is parallel to the ground.

>wants big delts but doesn't have a big OHP

stupid thread, go fuck yourself OP

barbell OHP
dumbell OHP
kettlebell OHP
cable pulls

Did I say OHP?

Over head rows

Hanging down deadlifts

laying down rows

What you need to understand is that the shoulder consists of 3 heads, front side and back and all heads need to be hit for the shoulders to pop. A compound exercise should always be your main focus just like any bodypart, in this case OHP with barbell or dumbells. Then you'll need some isolations, volume adjusted depending on your split. Training the front head isolated is isnt necessary due to it's activation in every other pressing movement.

what a sad manlet man wtf

live by the beach and start surfing

try more roids, should work

Not OP but I should cut front raises out my routine and just do laterals/reverse flyes? I workout with dumbbells only and my left shoulder is getting fucked.

Yeah the front head doesn't need more stimulation than it gets from overhead pressing, bench pressing, dips etc etc. I also fucked up my left shoulder so I will be approaching progressive overload in higher rep ranges since pressing heavy hurts.

do heavy ohp, do moderate dumbbell ohp 8-10 reps, then go crazy with lat raises and facepulls etc.

The juciest lifter in my gym did these once. Im pretty sure he was just meming everyone because the next day half the gym was doing them.

Got it, thanks

The Press™

OHP would be main lift, for anterior and posterior heads I would recommend bench press (flat or incline) and bent over rows (or pendlays). All compound movements, all great exercises.

OHP, lat raises, facepulls.

Front delts also get worked from bench and shit so you don't need a special one for them

Thanks! Didn't even think about lateral raises -- really appreciate it

>OHP for posterior delt
When will this meme end?

The actually do work.

I only do ohp and upright rows and mine have grown just fine