Confession

confession

i would never do crossfit for exercise but slamming the shit out of a tire with a sledgehammer looks fun as hell

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zDrwBnpL-Do
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"ok"

why can't they just have a sledgehammer class

not even a class, just a place where you can fucking go hammer that tire for hours

please someone start a hammerfit club

Confession. Ive never done crossfit but i have beat a tire with a sledgehammer. Its fun.

What does this exercise even do?

conditioning.

make you feel so powerful

it's called functional strength

This shit is dumb as fuck. Did it recently, completely pointless.

cardio?

we doing confessions?

i use the hex bar

weak bait

>not being fit enough to hit the sledgehammer with a tire

>thinking functional strength vs gym rat strength is bait
>when you go full meme

It sounds dangerous, as someone who has wielded a sledgehammer for actual manual labor I cannot imagine literally bouncing it off rubber as being either fun or as valuable as hitting something hard and feeling it give in to your mighty blows
>no homo.

Its not a bad exercise and a lot of mma fighters do it. Of course the average poster here thinks its pointless because its not squat/deadlift/bench.

it's not a purebreed crossfit exercise, it's been in use in boxing for years before crossfit

Golf swinging a sledge is much more potent than that overhead shit. Crossfit should just implement weighted gold clubs and see how far you can shoot the ball with a 60pound driver.

It is fucking pointless.

Not only that, it's also extremely bad for your fucking joints, easy to injure yourself with and is generally dangerous overall.

Why on earth would you do this when you can actually do a fucking real exercise with better results, less risk and healthier joints?

Cause when you've been lifting for more than a few months the same shit starts to get boring

If it was pointless professional athletes wouldnt be doing it. But what do they know? Im sure you are far more qualified because you read the sticky and did a strength training routine for 4 months.

just do woodsplitting

since i got a functioning fireplace i've been sawing, hauling and splitting wood. great stuff.

for me this isn't an exercise it's a fucking lifestyle

i want to spend all day just me and my tire, hammering it out you know

like when i have a shit day at work or my girl leaves me or i miss a PR i can just go home and whale on that motherfucker

>Landwhale detected

compound exercises, it's basically the same as squatting

Yeah, but fun since you can do HIIT.

which "professional athletes" do it?

a few juiced up MMA fighters? Oh I forgot, MMA fighters are known to train for their strength and appearance, right?

Fuck is wrong with you?

Yo fatty, go back to your SS/GOMAD. Your legs are already lacking.

>2016
>Being this ignorant

ISHYGDDT

>If it was pointless professional athletes wouldnt be doing it.

They don't, not for their real training. You think the ripped guys advertising crossfit programs actually got big using crossfit? Fuck no, the gym hired them because they were already big, to lie on TV

If I could just chop and split wood all fucking day, I'd love that.

Alsruhe does them, he won Maryland strongest man. Should you be doing them everyday? No but it's useful to mix up your conditioning

Thanks man, for letting me know I'm not the only one on this board who has ever done actual labor.

>get a side job in deconstruction
>get paid to swing a sledgehammer around for a few hours everyday.

Don't use mma fighters, or any martial artists as good examples on how to exercise. Even at the highest level there are people that believe in the craziest pseudoscience it's fucking insane. Not matter the art, unless it's really basic shit no one agrees with anyone on how to do anything. There are still boxing coaches at the highest fucking level that think lifting a weight will make you slow and useless even though it's bullshit. Mma gyms are just as bad

come to my house. I have two giant fucking trees laying behind my garage that need to be chopped.

No matter the art*

I know Fedor does it and my father told me it was a great exercise and he did it a lot as a boxer.
Yeah their real training actually consists of Starting Strength
Yeah you probably know more than them, after all you browse Veeky Forums which means you know everything about fitness.

Yeah bro anyone thats bigger/more ripped than you is on roids and the only real way of exercising is lifting barbells.

What state? I'm in Minneapolis.

>fun
It looks boring and retarded

It's is fun, I'm not surprised you're unaware of that though.

Dude fuck off, you're a pretentious faggot. I know the benefits of axe chops and hitting a tire for fighting are great, and nearly everyone does them but fuck off with your idea that the majority of mma/boxers fighters do crossfit. I've boxed in amateurs and I'm a muay thai practitioner. I doubt you've fucking stepped in the ring in actual competition

I'm scared it would bounce back and hit me in the face

Ippo did it for max back gainz.

Most of us are retarded tho
Throwing medicine balls on each others stomachs to brace for punches and shit
Fucking faggots ruining my sport with their meme training

I never said they did roids, but yes, heavy, low rep resistance training is the only way to get really strong

1. I NEVER said actual mma fighters do crossfit. I was mainly talking about the sledge hammer exercise. I think crossft is bs like any reasonable man.
2. You are right never competed in a boxing ring but i did compete in wrestling and i competed in tkd until i was 16. Im not some crossfit fag talking about mma ive actually done martial arts throughout my life.
I did box for a little and did bjj for 2 years but never actually went to competition for either of them.

You are right but strength is not the only component when it comes to being an athlete. If it was athletes would only be doing powerlifting but they dont. Most do both strength training AND conditioning work like sledgehammer shit.

I did it. I learned about it from Ross Training. It taxes the body, and burns the forearms.

Ever since I joined a conservation/woodland society I think I've made gains in my forearms via cutting down trees/digging drains.

Seems like it gets the bits conventional weightlifting misses. But try to be doing something useful rather than fucking crossfit.

There are much safer and more effective forms of HIIT such as sprints and swimming

obliques, core, and forearms would be hit the most I think.

Swinging a sledgehammer isnt crossfit. I dont know why people think crossfit has invented this exercise when in reality its been doing for a long time.
Neither of those tax the body that much.

You had me thinking you were completely retarded there for a bit, now I know you're only partially retarded for doing tkd

I'm more just saying crossfit is retarded.

It was a fun thing to do as a kid and I got really fit with it. It doesnt directly translate into fighting ability but by itself its a really good sport.
Also things like footwork and being fast on your feet translated really well into boxing when I first started.
I think we can all agree on that.

that's how fighters train. shit like hammering a tire.

working concrete one summer I had to pound wooden stakes into the ground very frequently, we have a hard clay soil where I live and I can tell you I got tough as fuck that year.

If there wasn't such a stigma attached to straight men doing this I would gladly go to a beautician to help me with my skin.

Also, a perfectly done pedicure/foot treatment is very appealing. My number 1 worst personal care thing to do is taking care of my feet/toenails.

fucking faggot go kill yourself

How're you holdin up. It's so cold.

It's a lot to suddenly get used to. It was so unseasonably warm until pretty recently, and even then it was only off and on cold. Now it's how it should be, but it feels much colder than it is.

What it does is fucks your wrists up.

Your gay as shit

>So what made you get into webDev?
Well I was going to do a trade but I heard it really fucks up your joints in the long run.
>I saw you throwing chalk in your bag, you workout alot?
Yeah I pay to go to a crossfit gym where I bang on a giant tire with a sledgehammer for like 45mins :^)
>What?...
It's for functional strenght

business idea:
buy a sledgehammer and a big tire

Flattens tires.

Is tire flipping a meme? I want to do it on my off days since it looks fun. I dont want to go out and haul a big tire to my land only to be told its shit like sledgehammers are.

youtube.com/watch?v=zDrwBnpL-Do

> He thinks standing still to lift heavy objects in set increments will make him functionally strong in today's world

Simulates menial labour so you can get swole like working class americans

I've used a hammer on a tyre before, flipped it down a spirts hall a few times then wacked the shit out of it, it's harder than it looks.