Is this still a health board?

Is this still a health board?

I'm 22 and was never raised to brush my teeth. Only ever brushed them when I was at my grandmas on weekends and she made us. Haven't been to the doctor since I was 10.

My teeth look like I drink coffee all day and 90% of foods make them ache. Also got weird white gums around my teeth.

Am I fucked for good or can I reverse this?

>Am I fucked for good or can I reverse this?

Do you have a delorean?

user, if those are your teeth they look fine. Go see a dentist, but you probs at least a little fucked. You'll have to buy an extra soft toothbrush and start brushing asap, preferably after dentist.

Start brushing and flossing after every big meal.
Go to the dentist and get a deep clean. Drill some teeth, fill in bad spots.

Go to the fucking dentist dude. Start brushing and flossing. If you dont enjoy your heart desease later in life. Also if that picture is of your teeth they seem fine, but im assuming they arent.

They are mine. The flash makes them look different. Imagine coffee stained dentures your great grandma wears.

Your jaw structure is deformed, your upper palate is too narrow while your lower looks stunted.

>90% of foods make them ache
you have huge cavities
>got weird white gums around my teeth
that's tartar. it's basically rock hard colony of bacteria. left unattended for long it will cause your teeth to fall out

I can see where you teeth are going to start decaying at the gum line if you don't keep up with brushing.

It will probably happen over time any way, but be sure to see a dentist as other's mentioned as if left untreated it can become abscessed and kill you.

How the hell can you see that from a small shitty pic like that?

>Veeky Forums, im not doing what civilized society for literally hundreds of years has been doing by cleaning their teeth, should i start fixing this problem or should i just let everything get worse?
I mean, why even ask

inb4
>hundreds of years
Technically its actually thousands, even the Romans cleaned their teeth

there's a high chance you have a shitload of cavities and gingivitis

You look at the alignment, distribution of bone mass, shape of teeth and so on.

I'm not in dentistry, but I've had plenty of anatomy classes and have some personal interest in the subject of dento-facial development w/r/t nutrition and lifestyle.

My great grandmas are dead.

>You look at the alignment, distribution of bone mass, shape of teeth and so on.

Yes I'm looking at them too but I don't see anything

go see dentist asap. the longer you wait the worse (and more expensive) its gonna get. GO NOW!!!

It's never too late. Get your shit together. Don't blame your upbringing. No one told me to brush either and i did it anyways.

Also, that shit about heart disease is true. Keep your teeth clean or have an increased risk for heart disease.

Wtf
I have had braces and brush my teeth daily up to three times, gums tongue and everything
Every growing my molars properly
My teeth are yellow af
Fuck you

How's about the fact that the bottom teeth are all in a perfectly straight line, and the top ones look like they could fit snuggly inside the lower ones?

I'm assuming your teeth must look similar for you not to notice an issue?

OP could also be just purposely poking his jaw out to show the bottom teeth more. That looks like what he's doing.

A fair point well made, although I disagree.

Still doesn't explain the lack of curve in the placement of his lower 4 teeth.

Bad oral hygiene can cause heart attack, if you get periodontal disease (likelier if you don't brush your teeth). So brush them after every meal. Plus, that's a good way of not eating too much since you'll have the taste of toothpaste in your mouth to discourage you from eating.

some people are just born with naturally stronger enamel

How's your diet OP?
Obviously, I believe that we should all brush our teeth and go to the dentist regularly, but that's also not "natural" in a sense.
Did cavemen have really gross mouths? Or is it okay to not brush if you eat nothing but meat, berries and water?

You fuckers realize that pure white color you see on TV is un natural, and is the results of medical intervention? Healthy teeth are off white

Can I lick that little cleft in your chin?

I was in the same situation + depression + social anxiety. Started brushing and flossing as I started getting out of depression at 27. Quite a bit of bleeding at first as your gums aren't used to it.
Initial repair + filling cavities took about 10 appointments over the span of half a year. The next few years had a few more appointments like that (old damage that required extra work etc), but since then (another couple of years), things have been pretty smooth (still some work every 1-2 years, but that's to be expected)..
1 tooth had to be extracted, a few more no longer have living nerves, about half have fillings. Gums are retracted pretty far.
Even though I've been taking good care of my teeth the last 6 years, I'm definitely fucked in the long run.

You've got a 5 year head start, so you'll probably be fine.
Brush after breakfast (possibly wait half an hour, especially if you ate anything sweet or acidic)
Maybe brush after lunch if you can (same remark)
Floss and brush after your last food or non-water drink of the evening (same remark)
Visit a dentist every 6-12 months for a check-up and tartar cleaning. Make an appointment now if you haven't done so yet.

I'm so flattered...

Cavemen also rarely lived past 30, while i think OP has on average at least 50+ years in front of them...

23 of those years will involve soup.

Honest question; did your parents sort of abandon you? This is the type of shit child protection agencies are for

Same here user

If it's any consolation, apparently slightly yellow enamel is a little stronger than bleached white enamel

>Is this still a health board?
>is it still 2010
No
grow up, stop living in the past

take a flashlight, look at the base of your teeth, now count how many black lines are on them or just look how ugly they are. You have cavities since you said food hurts on them

its not too late dude. I came from a similar situation.

Started gooing to the dentist for real and brushing reguarlly when I was 20. Had a bunch of cavities but no real long term damage. Just go and get it all done, you probably only need a teeth cleaning and maybe like 6 cavities filled since youve only had youre adult teeth like 10 years. You probably have gingivits but itll probably go away with good oral hygene. After you get your teeth cleaned and your fillings just make sure to brush and floss regually.

Honestly for someone who has never brushed, your teeth dont look too bad. You have okay teeth genetics. I knoew people who brushed reguarlly with worse looking teeth as you have (at the same age).

After your teeth cleaning your mouth is going to feel so weird. Its likely some of what you think is part of your teeth structure is actually built up tartar. See how all your teeth seem to touch and look really close together? After your teeth cleaning youll see they are supposed to be tiny gaps between your teeth and they are now filled in with tartar that has calcified. Nothing too significant but youll see what I mean.

Your beathe is going to smell a lot better after. Dont be afraid of the dentist either, they deal with 50 year old people who are poor as shit and have never taken care of their teeth, you wont even be close to the worst theyve seen.