How popular are actually the fat health disorders? I'm talking about the real thing, not the excuse ones

How popular are actually the fat health disorders? I'm talking about the real thing, not the excuse ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-kNSEn8rNLc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

both my aunt and grandmother legitimately have hypothyroidism and they both legitimately struggle to lose weight (but still can).

i cant speak for how common it is, but thats my experience of it.

also to add, there are few conditions that genuinely stop you from being at a good weight, its just that often they make being so more difficult than normal, and thats already a struggle for your average person. So I can understand why some people lose motivation and give up.

What do you mean, popular? Are you trying to ask how widespread the disorders are? If that's the case, they're pretty rare. Hypothyroidism is probably the most common one, but even that only increases weight by maybe 20-30 pounds. People who are 300lbs and complain about their thyroid are just making excuses.

I dont know but the worsening quality of food is a thing and may contribute the frequency of those disorders

*to the frequency

Mother and little brother are fatfucks/10, tell me everytime its difficult to lose weight and they do everything they can, cook healthy etc.
...and then just order pizza.
Imho 90% of fatfucks are just weakminded.

>Thyroid disorders affect 0.8-5% of any given population
>Symptoms are extremely varied and approximately 65% of cases result in uncontrolled weight gain

>source: first 5 things I got from googling "thyroid disorders population %"

In other words, you don't have a friend of a friend of a friend with a thyroid disorder, let alone one that causes them to be massively overweight.

PCOS does make it more cumbersome to keep weight off, but restrictive diets like low carb (and keto, if you're crazy enough) that do help manage it are a choice that a lot of fat women who use MUH PCOS as an excuse refuse to make.

>Imho 90% of fatfucks are just weakminded.

This is the truth.

I've got a friend with some thyroid disorder or another (probably hypothyroidism?).
>muh genetics!
No, I mean the type of condition where she spends god know what on meds and insurance is a bitch.
Also, this bitch is fit. Her main problem is that, if she gains weight, her ass and thighs balloon out. She doesn't though. Gym daily, cooked meals that are generally healthy, etc

She made it, which means we all can, right?

There are terrible disorders like Prader-Willi syndrome that definitely exist and definitely make it extremely difficult to lose weight for those afflicted. Affects an estimated 1 in 10-30,000.

However, the people you see on FB and Tumblr are not suffering from some terrible disorder, they are lazy and delusional.

Link if you're interested: youtube.com/watch?v=-kNSEn8rNLc

There is no real thing. Literally anyone can lose weight with a caloric deficit and exercise. The only thing MUH CONDISHUNS changes is the amount of deficit

Medfag here, currently doing an endocrinology rotation right now. I always saw the "muh thyroid" memes on /fit, so I asked my attending (he's pretty based, makes fun of fatties all the time) about thyroid disease. He told me that any weight gain from hypothyroidism is basically negligible, and that only extreme cases causes +5lbs at most.

I saw a girl in clinic who had gained 50lbs in 3 months. She was referred by her PCP because her TSH was mildly elevated (most likely subclinical hypothyroidism). He went in there and the girl and her family were BTFO when he said "Its not your thyroid. The top 3 causes of weight gain are food, food, and food."

AMA anything about med stuff, I guess. I'll try and answer as best as I can.

You should google her and find her blog about fat phobic doctors not knowing what they're talking about

I just got referred to an Endo because my test was 120 but my free test ended up being normal. The only other level that's off is my FSH which is really low. I just sleep a fuckton and can't get boners anymore. What the fucks wrong with me m8

Can't remember where I read it but these are called "trendy" diseases because they let you get out of doing work. Same for autism, and aspergers, it's all losers trying to find an excuse. Thyroid was chosen because nobody knows what it is, people want to be experts on some obscure thing so you won't try to challenge it and they can make up the symptoms at will.

Dude that was a good watch actually. The fat dude trying to break in the cabinet had me in tears hahaha

Calorie in should < calorie out to lose weight!!!
Absolutely no excuse. Thyroid problems and liver problems cause fluid retention and causes your stomach and limbs to swell, not fat to build up, which is why it's hard to lose weight.

About 5% of obese patients became fat from endogen causes (diseases)

Hope that answers your question.

"i have a disease" is a meme. A disease can't make you automatically gain weight. Energy doesn't just appear in your body without you shoveling something into it.

Doc diagnosed me with hypothyroidism like a week ago. I hadn't taken a blood test in a very long time, so doctor sent me to lab to check my blood. Two weeks later he prescribed me some medication apparently it's supposed to fix the hormone problem. I take two tablets every day now. Also I'm fat but I'm only 190 lb at 5'8 so I'm not obese and I do lift regularly so I have decent muscle mass. I'm probably around 25-30% bodyfat.

Well
My old teacher had no thyroid at all so she had to take medication or she'd become fat

Except they can

-Hypothalamus lesions/tumours
-Hypercortisolism
-Hypothyroidism
-Polycystic ovary syndrome
-Prader-Willi, LAurence-Moon-Bardet-Bield, Stewart-Morgani, Down, Alstrom, Cohen and Carpenter's Syndrome

These are some diseases that cause secondary obesity, meaning it wasn't caused by caloric intake.
It's not a meme.

Don't know if you're still on, but I experimented not too long ago since I was having issues losing weight back during the summer.

5'11" never been thin in my life. Started at 205 back in March. Quickly got down to 178 by the middle of June but weight loss started to stall. I was eating 1600 calories a day, so I decided to start up cardio. I did 3 weeks of C25k in-addition to the diet and no changes occurred. Then I got desperate and knocked my diet down to 1200. After two weeks I still had 0 change in weight.

What the fuck happened? I know I can't make energy out of thin air and anytime I ask the QTDDTOT they just call me a liar. It's not like the weight I lost before happened by-chance.

Biochem fag here. Just finished a unit on cell signal transduction, and my lecturer spoke a but about errors in leptin receptors being a common issue in people who are overweight. Not deletions of the gene or anything like that, but mild errors that cause the receptor to not be as effective. Usually leptin gets released to tell your body that you're full, and to stop eating.

While legit disorders like prader willi's (another user mentioned) do exist, they're very rare, and most overweight people have mild genetic errors that make it slighter harder, not impossible, to lose weight.

This is the correct answer. But the total population of people with these diseases is like 4% or so

I hypothyroidism when I was a kid. I was always overweight, but I was also tall. Anyway, I started taking medication for it when I found out (I was around 10 years old) and didn't lose any weight. The summer between 13 and 14 years old I dieted super hard and trained my ass off, lost around 30 pounds and have never really put it back. So while I did have hypothyroidism, I don't think it is what caused me to be overweight. I still get tested every year but my hormone levels are now within normal ranges (although on the low end) without taking medication.

They are real diseases, you jerks. Just look what a thyroid disease has done to this poor woman.

(In all seriousness, hope she gets on the right track somehow.)