Quitting smoking general

Nicotine gum feels so unfulfilling. If nicotine is what smoking makes you addicted to then why doesn't it help at all?

switch to an ecig, that's how my ex got off smoking

e cigs are horrible as an alternative

Because you're addicted to the motions of smoking, like I am. E cigs are the only things that have helped me, because I genuinely like smoking and tobacco itself, but stopped only because it's undeniably bad for me.

Can't speak for everyone, but the act of smoking was what was did it for me. I still really miss being able to sit on my patio with my coffee and smoke in the morning. The hard part was just breaking the actual routine of smoking for me.

I quit it by just stopping, it's better to just stop and try and forget about it, because if you swap an addiction with another addiction, the addiction doesn't go away, you just end up temporarily filling it with something else.

Forget you even smoked in the first place, after a couple of weeks it gets easier. Saying you're going to stop smoking, or you'll try to is the wrong attitude, tell yoirself you have already quit and forget about it.

just get a little vape and puff on that to substitute
get a high dose nicotine e-juice (18 mg) and youll only need like 3 full drags to feel content, to hold you down till an hour later or so

Are you me? Literally why I loved to smoke. It wasnt even about the addiction it was about the lifestyle. It was so cozy waking to a coffee shop with my wool sweater on and jacket , getting a coffee to go and puffing on a few cigarettes on the way home.

I also honestly dont trust e-cig brands. Maybe ill just get the prepackaged ones. I hear tobacco companies are buying them out now to get into that market.

Vape pipe tobacco
It's the maoi reinforcement that makes nicotine hook.

Not so typical advice. Start smoking cigars. Smoke 1 every other day and don't inhale( because you're not supposed to

The reason you don't have a girlfriend is because you smell like a fucking trashcan when you smoke. That should be enough motivation to quit, you fucking pussy

Smoking women are easy approaches mate that bitterness is misplaced

Yeah, because they're all fucking warpigs

im trying to stop them too, im chewing SHITLOADS of toothpics, am i alone?

also, thinking about trying this soon , but all of my friends told me its shit.Should i just go for it?

I did it with vaping. Don't listen to the neversmoker underage kids who say you don't "look cool", it's not about looking cool. It's about quitting smoking.

I tried cold turkey 10+ times, tried the patch, tried the gum, couldn't do it. Tried vaping and I never wanted to smoke again. You still get the nicotine but you don't get any of the tar or carbon monoxide or smell.

Plus it's WAY fucking easier to quit vaping than it is to quit smoking so it's a good middle step. The nicotine rush is way more aggressive in cigarettes, it hits your system hard and leaves your system hard, making you want more. With vaping it slowly enters your system so there's no "rush" but a slow buildup, and it leaves the same way so there's no "oh fuck I gotta have nicotine RIGHT FUCKING NOW" feeling.

Don't get the cheap gas station setups though, those are terrible. Spend a little cash on some nice gear.

There will be people who want you to fail. Reminder that literally everyone who says you don't look cool and post fedora pics are just shills for big tobacco.

Smoking is a habit, not an addiction. I've only seen 1 person who I would truly call "addicted" and he was generally just crazy.
You have to distract yourself with something else. Whether it be mental or physical. The worst part of quitting for me was boredom because I was so used to taking a 10 minute break every hour. I just had to force myself to focus and work a full hour with no breaks. It sucked, but it taught discipline.
Don't waste your money on gum, just set a goal and stick to it. Put your personal pride on the line.

Cold turkey is the only way. no excuses. not another puff. also helps if you can find a quitting buddy

Yes- this and that feel of having a break at work and having an excuse to go out back and just be by yourself. You can do that without smoking but it just doesn't have that feel. E-cigs are like the gluten free of smoking

imho vaping keeps you too close to smoking unless you really do deload your mgs and get off it pretty quickly. Have a few too many drinks and that vape doesn't scratch the itch anymore. You'll be bumming smokes from your buddies in no time.

Quitting smoking was easy for me because I made the decision to quit as an addition to my previous decision to get into great shape. This was years ago when I had a compulsion to turn my life around and made a whole lot of changes. I tried doing cardio for the first time in a long while and I was coughing and getting winded super fast and shit so I just stopped smoking that day and never went back.

Didn't even miss it. Was too busy learning how to lift and learning nutrition and pushing myself every day to even think about cigarettes. Also I had kicked a bad heroin addiction not long before that, so that kind of made doing everything else seem pretty easy by comparison.

Smoking is a combination of routine, super fast onset, and the addictive chemicals of nictoine + maoi's.

>having friends who smoke

It's not actually just the nicotine that's the addictive part; i.e. its not the isolated nicotine in the gum or e-juice thats addictive.

It's the combination of tobacco and nicotine is what makes cigarettes addictive.

Nobody knows why this is how it works, but isolated nicotine has never been shown to be particularly habit forming in any study.

This.
I've "succesfully" quit twice now, and both times were cold turkey.
First time was easy and lasted 8 months, but then took a holiday in Bali, smokes were cheap and I was drunk 80% of the time, so I caved thinking I'd just stop again when I got back.. didn't happen and I ended up smoking for another 5 years after that. Past 2 years I have wanted to quit, but the addiction was stronger than last time.
There is no cutting down to ween yourself off them, patched and gum don't work. The ONLY way to quit is to not have a pack around to grab one from.
Been 3 weeks since my last one now and only cravings I get is when they are available (friends smoking in front of me), but I just don't even consider buying a pack when I'm down at the shops.
Cold turkey and willpower is the only way anyone ever quit smoking.

I know that feel of it being a routine. For me i smoke between classes because i have long breaks, and it became like a routine

I finally was able to quit around 20 days ago. I got really sick (possibly flu from temperature changes) and it was one of those sicknesses where you just cannot do shit. The worst of it was being on my sofa for 24hrs knocked off my ass from nyquil. But because I physically was not able to light up, and with being sick masking my withdrawal symptoms, that's what helped me stop.

Up to that moment, I was trying looking to quit anyway, I had steadily reduced my consumption of nicotine to basically some vape hits from my friends, blunt wraps from weed, or a black and mild. Granted, my habit wasn't as bad as others, I was only smoking about a half a pack a day. But, that shit really killed my lungs and my wake-up call was that I was only able to run 0.4 miles before having to absolutely stop.

To be honest, I actually quit other substances as well. Haven't had caffeine, nicotine, THC, or alcohol in my body since. It honestly feels good to be sober, but that's a different story.

I think most of it is really just a mindset type of thing. Yeah there is a chemical addiction, but there is also a lifestyle part of it too. Other people in the thread mentioned it:

>getting a coffee
>after a meal
>during a break at work
>walking from place to place

When it becomes routine, I think that's the hardest part, because you will just think about it every time. What helped me (other than being sick) was implementing things in my life that would make smoking a contradiction. Mainly more cardiovascular activities (inb4 cardio kills gains). Something that get's your heart rate up and really tests your lungs, for me it's running, swimming, and basketball. It's amazing what a 20 day difference does, and I cannot wait until I get my lung function back to 100% (I hope I did not damage them too much where it is irreversible).

Also, I have noticed my dick get's harder and I seem to last a bit longer as well.

However, I now rarely hang out with my smoker/stoner friends anymore.

E-cigs but don't draw the vapor Into your lungs, just hold in your mouth and exhale out your nose if you want a bigger hit. Doesn't fuck with your lungs but still gets you buzzed enough to replace smoking.

I quit cold turkey as a teen because I wanted to go pro in swimming. It's not that hard op, just don't buy cigs anymore.

Vaper here. Read the British study they're 95% safer.

oral fixation
put a toothpick in your mouth the same time you take a nicotine gum. and make lots of tea/coffee to sip on
and stop fapping