Not Veeky Forums enough to honor my ancestors

>fat since I was in 6th grade
>mom said it would go away, it was baby fat
>got in shape playing football but didn't stick with it because a person I didn't like was on the team
>only got laid at 23
>took 7 years to get through college
>almost 30, still overweight, working retail and struggling through graduate school
>my ancestors fought wars and shit and now I'm here
>not worthy to share the mound with my kin
>too fat and afflicted with anxiety and depression to join military and die in glorious arms to join Odin or Freyja in their halls
>mfw

I lift but not enough and I cannot cut below 250 to save my life. I do well for a week or two, then hit a wall where stress breaks down something, I go and buy a bunch of shitty food that fires off my IBS, then skip lifting and gain back the weight.

How to fix myself and honor my ancestors Veeky Forums?

Roid and do weighted roman salutes

>iktf

Every time I think of what my ancestors must think of me if they can see me, I feel like shit.

>my ancestors fought wars and shit and now I'm here
they were probably massive pussies, just like you

not everyone who lived in the past was a warrior. your ancestors probably tilled fields

>Every scandinavian was a warrior!
Stop this, you descendant of farmers.

This.
Viking was a temporary occupation like a seasonal fruit picker or fisherman.

>too fat and afflicted with anxiety and depression

that's because life got too comfy, you don't have to try very hard to continue this way until you die. You were coddled and allowed to fuck up at every turn in life because it didn't actually hurt anyone else that much. Meanwhile your ancestors had to murder and pillage to make ends meet.

>Have no hope of honoring my paternal ancestors due to race mixing
>Have no hope of honoring my maternal ancestors due to lack of religion and sexuality

I'd rather honor myself and my descendants by being the best version of myself I can possibly be, rather than trying to appease a bunch of dead folk with morals and standards from a different time.Live for the future, not for the past.

Your ancestors were half-starved farmers that would be mad jelly of your caloric prosperity.

Well, partially true. Viking is derived from a verb "To go viking" (to go to sea) but there was also a scandinavian warrior class, more or less synonymous with the word viking. These guys would train and maintain their martial ability and were required by law to keep a supply of weapons.

A Hirdman (warrior class) were required to own a sword or axe, a spear, a shield and a helmet.

A farmer was only required to own a bow and arrow.

The word Hird was the word used for the annual meeting when the people had to present their arms to their Jarl to show that they were true to the law and kept their weapons tuned. So technically both the warriors and farmers were Hirdmen, but today we refer mostly to the former when we use the word.

Huscarls was also a martial occupation. It means Man of the House and would be synonymous with retainer or man-at-arms. They were often wealthier than ordinary Hirdmen, although some of that wealth was probably just a benefit from being tied to a wealthy Jarl who could provide chainmail, nordic axes and horses (ponies, really...).

In your ancestors time fucking up at something usually meant you ended up dead in battle, drowning at sea or dying of an infection or starvation. Your better survival chance today gives you the chance of learning and retrying when you fail at something. So just keep trying.

>Have no hope of honoring my paternal ancestors due to race mixing
M8. If you're part Italian/Irish/Spanish like every other fucking American is then chances are your ancestors would have spat on you anyway.

Live for yourself.

'the roman salute' was a neoclassicist invention. Its funny how American school children used to do it when saluting the flag

well fuck you, your a disgrace to my race. If i seen you wearing any asatru symbols id start shit with you. seems like theres no one to blame but yourself, and after everything everyone has done for you hoping you'd be the best person you could be. dont be a disgrace and turn your life around now, no bullshit, do or die, cause if you cant start turning your life around now then kill yourself. I like to believe EVENYONE has it in them, you grown ass man find it in yourself you're not a helpless child.

ITT: retards putting down farmers

Do you faggots have any idea how physically demanding farmwork is???

B-b-but muh Odin.
You are Christian bitch.

Cringe cringe cringe
>watch games of thrones once

This, farmers were the original Chads, they got buff working all day, grew infinite food and fucked all the military wives while the warriors were off dying.

>neopagans
Loling

my ancestors are smiling at me burger, can you say the same?

Saxon here. That's a nice chunk of info, thanks based user.

>tfw mostly british ancestry so being fatfit is already doing more to honor ancestors than 90% of britcucks ever will

This.

Given how life was back then, our ancestors were likely ripped to a point, or at least respectably strong.

You need to comprehend that these are lifestyle changes, not a temporary thing you do to fix your issues.

Start out small. Either dieting, OR working out, at a pace that is sustainable. Once you get used to your new routine make more small changes to your life. Going full fitness retard from a sedentary lifestyle of gluttony will be fucking hard.

Every habit you can change for the better will yield results down the line.

The vast majority of Vikings weren't warriors by calling, hence why they've lost the majority of battles in which they've participated.