Thoughts on fitbit?

Thoughts on fitbit?

>Bought pic related for the gf
>wrong strap size
>be told I'm getting a 13th cheque

Should I hang onto this for myself and get her a matching smaller one? Or just give her this one and buy her a new strap? Are these beneficial to the average Veeky Forumsizen?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37417018?client=safari
twitter.com/AnonBabble

waste of money

That one doesn't even do heart rate.
I have a Charge 2 for sleep-tracking purposes. Any "fitness tracker" with no heartrate monitor (even though they're not very accurate) is an even bigger waste of money than the more expensive ones with one. You got your girl a pedometer.

if you run its useful for tracking steps and distance but your phone can do that too so its more about how worth it is to you.

Forgot to mention - I belong to a health insurance thing that pays for my gym and I get free smoothies and shit if I earn enough "vitality" points... fitbits can earn up to 300 pts per day whereas if I just go to gym I only earn 100 pts per day

do it then sounds like a sweet program is it with your work?

You got your gf a gift designed for middle-aged moms

I wore one for like a year
Felt like a total dummy. It is not worth the money at all

Yeah, I've now been talked out of it though lmao

Why?

Yep, it's more of like... I spent $200 on this wristband so I should work out to get some use out of it.

That's why the reviews are so good, but anyone who isn't a pleb, would just buy a smart watch for that kind of money or more supplements.

It's more of a fashion thing.

fpbp

>Thoughts on fitbit?
fat people wear them to pretend they are active to other fatties

Well, ive been talked out of this model. Looks like I'll need a HR one at least in order for it to have any use

I love the Fitbit hate threads on here. So many or poor assholes explaining that something sucks because they can't afford it.

I started wearing a Charge HR in August to track my fitness progress. Have lost 40 pounds with it, tracking steps, using the diet tracker it comes with, and monitoring my heart rate. I ordered a Charge 2 on Black Friday and will switch on 1/1.

It's even better if you and her both have one, so your can compete, do challenges, etc.

Wait. If it has no HR monitor, how does it calculate calories burned? Not via steps surely?

Purchase chest HR monitor that bluetooths to your phone. Any wrist wearable with HR monitor that claims to be accurate is lying. Also you have to have them clamped really tight on your wrist to get even close to accurate reading. The chest strap kind are the only ones worth a damn despite being a bit uncomfortable. They are way better.

Build quality on the Charge HR sucks
Anecdotally: I bought one and it fell apart the week the warranty expired, they sent me a new one and it's falling apart too.
My dad had one and it broke too.

Just get her a no questions asked week with her bull, buy yourself bloodborne or something to keep busy.

return it and get a garmin vivosmart hr.

Congratulations man, but how the fuck does a Fitbit help with that? Why does anyone need to buy an expensive bracelet to tell them they are doing enough/not enough exercise? If it motivates you, great - but it won't work for everyone, probably not even most people.

bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37417018?client=safari

>desperately trying to justify your pay2weightloss mentality
Never gonna make it

It's actually unnerving that there are real people who think like this.