Intermittent Fasting

Are these benefits real, Veeky Forums? Are there more that aren't mentioned?

Is it simply enough to, for example, stop eating at 8pm, miss breakfast and not eat until about 12pm?

All worked for me and I've been doing it for 8 months. Confirmed with blood and urine work ups during annual physical.

How would you recommend doing it? Going a whole day, or simply having an early supper and no breakfast?

bumping for interest

You're suposed to fast for 12-16 hours and eat mostly fruits, water and coffee. Then you can work out and after break the fast at lunch. Make sure to hit your macros and calorie goals before the day ends

ur not supposed to eat fruits or anything with calories during the fast u retard

i've been doing it for a month, so far loving it.

Mainly doing it to make cutting easier. My eating window is 12pm - 8pm. So I just eat lunch/dinner. Eating breakfast just made me hungrier than not eating breakfast so I'm loving it.

Just drink water/black coffee/tea during fasting periods.

>Fasting
>Eat sugar

Pick one

been doing it for a few years
hunger feeling has practically disappeared until around the time I normally feed, all of my workouts are fasted as well

Can I still take my protien shake (just the powder and water) post workout even if it isnt in my eating window?

BUUUUUUUMPING FOR CUM CHEESE DUMPSTER INTEREST

Nah, that would break the fast. Some people take BCAAs for fasted lifting, but it's a subjective thing.

I do it and the only benefit as far as I can tell is that its easier to not over eat.

Which is good enough to continue doing it. All I have is coffee and water during the fasting period.

i'm a little blazed, but i still know there is a decrease in Ghrelin not an increase. There is an increase in Leptin

As someone who used to do IF and actually did see good results from it, I'm convinced that most of the success comes from resisting cravings and training yourself not to snack/overeat versus the Kinobody psuedoscience benefits.

Have a supper 3-4 hours before bed every day.
The fast is supposed to be between 12 and 18 hours but can be up to 24 hours with a single modest balanced meal a day.

No foods or calories rich foods of any kind during the fast. Especially anything with carbs.

That's not fasting.
That's more like grazing.
It's also what many very slim and active people do naturally.

I'm with this user, I used to do it because I was lazy and my schedule made it very easy to do. Most of my bloodwork turned awesome, but that was more due to the working out, eating better, and losing 50+lbs imo, not some pseudo-science garbage. I still fast and the caloric measuring and tracking macros definitely turned better results than simply fasting.

this

totally this

Yeah, what I was a teacher it was a bit easier than it is now that I work from home. I still don't really eat a traditional breakfast, might have a banana or something, but I don't have a meal until soon and try to stop eating at night. If nothing else, IF helped me rethink my eating habits and that's probably what's most important.

intermittent fasting is terrible if you are still growing

after you reached your max height you can fuck up your eating schedule all you want but a regular eating schedule is crucial for obtaining maximum height, unless you are fine with being a lean manlet

>potatoes
>bad

Congrats OP, you just triggered me.

what makes you think IF is an irregular eating schedule?

Stop eating McDonalds french-fries

There are literally hundreds of ways to prepare potatoes you dumbass.

>Are these benefits real, Veeky Forums?
According to the few clinical studies that have been done on IF there are no benefits to weight, but a few minor benefits to health like increased vitamin A and white blood cells

Google the studies and find out actual info instead of posting on a salami image board

doesnt matter as long as you eat enough.

when you're fasting do you need to spread out your meals in the 8 or so hours that you can eat?

or can you just load up in the first hour and not worry about eating for the rest of the day?

>[Citation Needed]

This.

Do people do this for bulking and cutting? It seems like a good idea for cutting but not so much for bulking.