Rippetoe hates arms

"(...) no thought whatsoever should be given to the arms. None."

This is what your lord and saviour LITERALLY writes about arms in his very own book. If you haven't realized that SS is the father of all memes you can't be helped, you're never going to make it and should probably just kill yourself right now.

Is this what passes for bait?

This is for powercleans
But I agree, people shouldn't be doing as if they want to improve how they look
Just look at progress pics of people doing as and sl

That's how you do a clean, tho
Same way how you don't use your arms to pull up the bar in a diddlylift

it's also the reason why nobody who did any rippetoe program ever developed any noteworthy arms to begin with. the man hates arms and thinks no though whatsoever should be given to the arms ever.

Everything you need for arms is in the program:

The Press (triceps)
Bench Press (triceps)
Deadlifts (forearms)
Chin-ups (biceps)

post your arms then

Its a novice program for 3-6 months. After that you move onto intermediate programs. No novice program worth a damn has arm isolation of any kind

post your arms, not your words

Ya can't squat with your arms, boy. Can't kick a soccer ball with em either. After startin strength ya won't even need em to pleasure yourself on account of all the pussy you'll be gettin.

This is the ideal malebody. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance look like.

Thank you, based rippletits

word

this is the result of SS progression. it's beautiful.

we have never seen your arms to this very day. please leave.

>lifting for girls

>lifting for a fat old man

I agree

My arms are in proportion and all I do for arms is cgbp, OHP, dips, chins and rows. They grow without having to curl. Maybe I'm just lucky though.

Lol.

Riptits is a strength coach, not a showy bodybuilder. If you're whining about the lack of arm work in his programs you need to go right back to page 1 of SS and refamiliarize yourself with the aim of rip's strength training.

If it's that much of an issue then maybe, just maybe, SS isn't optimal for bodybuilding.

The routine with dips and chins doesn't lack arm work. OP just took an out of context quote from SS and you took the b8

I just wanted to explain that you have to choose a routine according to your goals. I know that SS is more accommodating than OP implies, you can even throw curls in there.

Point is that aesthetics driven people shouldn't pick SS if they can't deal with having a proportionally larger lower than upper body in the beginning.

>posts the entire page
>out of context

The quote is still taken out of context, you illiterate nigger

>The Press (triceps)
hardly uses the triceps at all

>Bench Press (triceps)
bit better, but still shit for triceps.
chest will be miles ahead of triceps.

How much work do you think triceps need to do?

If you do 8-10 sets of bench and 8-10 sets of OHP a week (like 5/3/1 BBB), do you think you need more tricep work as well?

I do double that volume and my main bench grip is close-grip because of shoulder issues.
My triceps still lag behind my front delts and pecs, because I don't like to do triceps isolation exercises.

I'm gonna lower volume on OHP, because they pretty much just build the front delts, and it's fucking up my shoulders.

SS was designed for young people with no strength training experience, and some previous sports training in mind, with the goal of increasing strength to the point where they can easily perform their sport skills. Does not targeting a bodybuilding audience make it bad? Does Veeky Forums overprescribing the program to literally everyone who comes here make the program bad? Go into any legit athletic training facility, and chances are they will care very little about arms as well (except for throwing athletes and combat sports, but even then shoulder health is way more important). This is like a fan of horror movies getting mad because a romantic comedy wasn't scary enough.

nah, SS was designed for people of all ages.
also wasn't designed for athletes.

F A C E P U L L S

+

L A T E R A L R A I S E S

If you can't Bench BW, Squat BWx1.25 or Deadlift BWx1.5 for 5-8 reps, you need to get stronger before a brosplit can be effective.

Can't do lateral raises because of shoulder issue.

But yeah, I've been doing a lot of facepulls and facepull variants (to hit lateral delts a bit more).

Just need to lower OHP volume until the lateral and rear delts catch up.