Veeky Forums memes you fell for

Veeky Forums memes you fell for

>Compounds are all you need for abs

>Lifting will get you a girlfriend

I have to agree with this, I fell for the compound is enough for abs meme

Abs are made in the kitchen

>falling for this meme

The funny thing is that kind of the opposite of what everyone thinks is true.
If you just do your compounds and eat well there's a solid chance you'll have good looking abs at the right bf%, but they likely won't be the most healthy as far as function and endurance.
To get that you need to do more boring exercises that work on things like rotational stability and balance.

No, abs are made in the gym, they are made visible by diet.

This is true desu. Starting from a place of very low strength I had an incredibly weak core. Doing compounds worked my abs but barely enough to make a difference, I noticed huge gains in stability and solidity after adding in some basic 3x10 cable crunches and leg lifts as accessories.

I'd advise against things like crunches that rely on flexing the back to work the core.
Isometrics are absolutely the best wrt core stability and endurance as they're the closest to how you should be using those muscles in real life and in lifting.

Planks, Pallof presses, Suitcase carries, etc.

Yeah I normally stay away from crunches but I like cable crunches because you can increment weight easily and it makes my autism cool off. Been thinking about getting one of those ab wheels desu, seems legit. Planks make me bored out of my mind.

Ab wheel is great as long as you don't hyperextend at the end of the movement, which is easy to do. Just watch out for that and it's a great exercise.

bad form will take you to snap city.
been doing diddy lifts for 3 months with poor form and nothing.
works just fine.

Good luck user.
Hope it doesn't bite you in the ass somewhere down the line.

when I was young & autistic I fell for the "can't look away first" meme

think I freaked some girl out

>lifting makes up for having a subhuman HEIGHT, FACE *OR* FRAME

It didn't help me get a gf, but it helped me get a better looking one.

KEK

SS and SL even though some people told me they won't do shit for aesthetic

Squatting and deadlifts won't fuck up your knees and back

>lifting for 3 months

that won't be the case when you actually lift something heavy

It gets you when you're least expecting it, good luck user.

>He thinks his lmao 2pl8 lift with bad form is fine

Wait until you get closer to 3pl8 and 4pl8 bud. Then you will wish your form wasn't fucked.

Is lifting 3 and half plates good for a person that has been lifting for 5 years but only started dead lifting weekly 3 weeks ago?

How gay are you?

Im only gay for those dubs

This. Flex your abs like crazy and if you feel your back start to cave you are going further then you are ready for or just done with the set.

>when I was young & autistic I fell for the "can't look away first" meme
>think I freaked some girl out

Wait, I SHOULDN'T be doing this??

I usually just smirk and look away.

That's odd to me, because I stopped training abs altogether since getting into heavy compounds, seems like a waste of my time. Abs/core still on point.
Granted, if you're not doing really heavy squats amd deads, I'd imagine doing extra core work would be beneficial.

this

>nothin' personal kid

kek

>compounds are all you need to train abs
>cardio kills your gains
>pull ups are all you need to train biceps

Read an article from NIHS, Norwegian university of athleticism. It discussed the danger of talking about bad form, because fear of bad forms leads to not lifting, and not lifting is far more dangerous than lifting with bad form.

Dont remember its name, but the most serious lifting shit you get when one of your back bones slightly pop out, 9/10 times it just fixes itself, and permanent damage is really rare here.

Obviously lifting with good form is better than bad form, but it really downplayed the danger of lifting with bad form. A lot more dangerous to not lift, which really isnt that dangerous.

I thought she meant 3hour long shower as in shes gonna masturbate in the shower

Is that not what she meant

>not lifting is far more dangerous than lifting with bad form

Jesus christ, the memes are getting out of control

Good luck doing a front level "from the kitchen", lad.

>front level

Lmao, how did I even fuck that one up.

What she meant was that she was gonna use the shower to masturbate for 3 hours

>if you're a skelly just eat as much as you can

I know it sounds fucked up and i probably wouldn't believe it if i read it on a autism board myself, but i read it from a reliable source so its pretty different.

I think people is comparing being paralyzed to being weaker, which is wrong. Cant compare worst scenario to worst scenario, but look at the average health outcome. Like the terrorism - toodler with a gun thing. Latter is far more dangerous because its more frequent.

no

>1/2/3/4 is easy within your first few months lifting

Veeky Forums is full of estatting fatasses

>Machines are bad

the only thing machines are good for is fucking your candy as

this

>tfw went from jack skellington to builtfat with stretchmarks in 8months

gee i love cardio and carbcutting

>Don't train arms, just do heavy compounds
>Don't train abs
>Push ups are shit

I've made more progress on a simple brosplit than I ever made on SS. Girls mirin' hard at this point

I also sightly tip the top of my fedora.
works like a charm

There is a troll image for a Veeky Forums diet that's been floating around for years. I think it was mainly about eating lots of fruit and bread. I knew it was a troll image but because I am retarded I believed the one part about drinking lots of V8. So there was a solid month I did GOMAD but with tomato juice. I wish I was joking.

Lmao. That meme mixes actual advice with troll BS.

I never trained core and it became a weak point in my deadlift. I pull with a horizontal torso cause of my proportions and my core couldn't keep up.

All of Veeky Forums is a fucking meme.

>Do SS and occasionally some intervals
I got fat as fuck. Sure my legs were tree trunks, but I couldn't run half a mile without having to walk

>Compound lifts for core/abs
Start doing cable crunches/ab wheel/ planks
Immediately feel more stable in other lifts. Sit ups were previously my weak point on the Army APFT now I max them with ease.

>Bodyweight exerises are a meme
I bought a power tower and do dips and pullups throughout the day. I feel stronger than ever and don't have to spend hours in the gym anymore

>Cardio kills gains
Cardio is fucking awesome. It is the best antidepressant that I've ever come across. I feel way healthier now

never change, Veeky Forums

lmao i used to be the same, got me a deluxe trip to snapcity that prevented me from lifting for 2 months. Good luck user

it's really low compared to what one would expect after 5 years, but if you're just now learning the movement you'll probably make a lot of gains just from improving form, CNS, etc.

You should do SS with added chest/abs iso on OHP/chin-up day, and curls/rows on Bench day

Now its balanced. the basic SS program is for fotball layers who already does a ton of exercises. Normal people should add some upper body movements.

And GOMAD is too extreme for most peole

soo.. it helped you get a gf?

Machines are just as good. Who cares about a stronger core if you're not gonna do competitions or playing sports.

Seated row and seated ohp help me focus just on that muscle.

Some people don't want to throw out their backs when they're older you idiot.

>more than 8 reps is cardio
when will this meme die

>cardio kills gains

Only if you are retarded and eat too little or run/cycle/what ever till failure.

seated OHP is easier to fuck up when it comes to your lower back.

>If you just do your compounds and eat well there's a solid chance you'll have good looking abs at the right bf%
Doesn't work. Went to a 500 squat, 300 bench, 450 diddly and had no abs at all at 15%.

Also: I fell for the powerbuilding meme.

first time i laughed out loud on Veeky Forums

Well yeah 15% is too high for most people to see good ab definition. That's low enough for some people but for most dudes it's more like 12%.

Maybe for 1rm but for 5 or even as little as three, nah.

Amen. I love training full body but I'll be dammed if doing a one group a day with shoulders thrown every other day for good measure hasn't netted me the most drastic results I've seen yet.

i didn't fell for any meme desu

Shit, my caliper test is telling me I'm 11%, and I STILL don't have abs. Then again, my entire family stores their fat almost exclusively on their belly, so I got cucked by the genetics meme.

>you don't need to train forearms
>heavy holds are enough for big forearms
>you don't need to directly train abs
>calves/forearms are genetic
>you don't need to train calves since they're genetic
>strength equals size
>deadlifts are superior to RDLS for aesthetics
>you don't need isolation exercises to look good
>lifting 6 times a week is too much for a natty
>beginners should do a full body routine
>cardio kills gains
>cutting at more than a 500 kcal deficit puts you in "starvation mode" and destroys your muscle
>fat is bad
>carbs are bad
>too much protein damages your kidneys
>keto/vegan/paleo and other fad diets are superior to a healthy, balanced diet with reasonable concessions for indulging
>the only way to make it is to deny yourself all pleasure and treats

All of these I believed at some point over the years.

>suitcase/farmers carry
God tier. I worked as a landscaper and wheelbarrowing is essentially the same. Great for forearms and posture

How do you make abs in the kitchen?

Having too many lifts is a meme.

Three lifts on the same day for the same body part seems suboptimal, unless you have an extremely specific aesthetic goal

I lifted with proper form and then got a surprise diagnosis of having a spinal birth defect that I had no idea about.

You really never know about these things, so why risk it in the first place?

Not to mention you look like an idiot to everyone when you lift like you have no idea what you're doing.

>strength equals size
This isn't entirely untrue. Having more strength WILL increase size.

>6x a week for natty
Depends what you do m8

>beginners full body
That is true. How do you consider that a meme? You optimize your time most efficiently starting out by doing more compounds and hitting all muscle groups at once.

>cutting over 500kcal
Usually it does fuck up your muscle mass.

Do you have some sources that say otherwise? I'm genuinely curious.

That's the trap. It's not necessarily untrue, as you will gain some mass with strength. But the lie is that this is pushed for dudes that are training for mass, when volume and lower weights is far, far superior for size.

Obviously volume and exercise selection will affect that, but that's true for any workout plan, even a 3 time a week full body. But a balanced mass focused PPL is perfectly suitable for a natty.

Why do you think you can only do compounds in a full body routine? There's no need to hit all muscle groups at once, especially given optimal muscle recovery times. You're not giving sufficient recovery time (especially with the frequency of squats that SL and SS require) AND you're simultaneously not training sufficiently. A full body for a month tops to learn the movements is reasonable for a complete beginner thats never exercised before, but after that they need a better routine if they want to get big.

>Usually it does fuck up your muscle mass.

Not if you keep your lifting, nutrition, and protein up.

>Do you have some sources that say otherwise? I'm genuinely curious.

That say otherwise? What do you mean? More than a 500 kcal deficit won't put you in "starvation mode". Starvation mode only starts when you're at seriously low calories (exact numbers vary, but usually less than half your daily needed calories), and even then only when you're at that level of intake for months. This isn't a foreign concept, it's human biology. You have fat to store energy; your body isn't going to cannabilize muscle to keep fat. Fat's only purpose is energy storage for times of famine, and muscle is a very caloric ally expensive tissue for your body to synthesize. More than that, muscle has very low caloric value compared to fat. If human bodies immediately cannabilized muscle during times of insufficient caloric intake, humans would have died off a long time ago.

I still think LISS is gains slaughter and a waste of time.

>You know damn well I'm not wrong.

>todlers with guns are far more dangerous than terrorism.

One act of terrorism can kill thousands of people. Tell me, user, how long does it take for toddlers with guns to kill thousands of people?

You literally are unless you're doing stupid amounts of LISS (i.e. training for medium-long distance running)
20-40 minutes of LISS 4-5 times a week is going to do fuckall to your gains if you continue to eat and train appropriately.

>low volume compounds

Functional strength is important.

Did you even read what I said?

why is that Stacy whore like that? That guy looks good, why is she all "ewww icky shower "?

What happend to adie?

Because he's not wearing pants that displays a thick wallet in his pocket

cutting at more then 500 cal isent dangerous or anything more that its fucking retarded

Because he's fucking a bear costume, he's basically a furry

a girls worst worst fear is being perceived as a slut if she wasent a slut she would have just go hahahahah fml
so instead she pulls the ewwwww 3 hour shower as a defense mechanism

I got to 315lb 5x5 squat, without ever directly training core. you're wrong.

this

By eating healthy and lowering your bf %. They are not directly made in the kitchen.

> controlled and full range of motion on barbell shrugs will make them bigger
Loading shit ton of weight and stretching them will make them bigger.

Did you even read what I wrote?
I said nothing about not being strong in the compound movements if you don't directly train core.
I said you won't have a fully healthy or well-rounded core.
I can't tell you how many guys I see that have lifted their whole lives and/or used to play sports and look very strong, but as soon as I ask them to do a rotational core stability assessment they almost fall on their face.
And that shit is important when you get to be 75.

Or maybe it's because it's weird as fuck to post a naked picture of yourself as a comment on someone's public post

The whole time I thought she was saying she was gonna masturbate in the shower. I just finally understood the picture today.

>you don't need to train calves since they're genetic
who the fuck said that?

this

did he ever come back?