So my friend has a stupid plan

So my friend has a stupid plan

>goal is to lose weight
>eat 1000 calories a day
>only cardio and NO WEIGHT LIFTING
On top of that
>definitely not getting enough protein
>usually not getting enough sleep

Please tell me the negative results of this. I'm warning this guy that he is going to become significantly weak if he doesn't properly cut. He already has a hard time doing OHP with 5 lbs on each side!

A part of me wants him to go ahead with this and screw himself over, but not without letting him know the negative results.

>cardio
Loss of muscle mass
>1000cals
Loss of muscle mass
>No sleep
Loss of muscle mass

This guy is going straight to skelly mode.

he's going to lose weight at first and think it's working, but he's also going to be tired all the time, lose hella muscle mass, and gain the weight back in a few months as fat

He's gonna end up skinnyfat. Ask him what his goals are, if he says anything about abs, direct him to the wealth of info on the internet that says getting lean and not just becoming a skinnyfat trainwreck isn't possible if he's retarded about nutrition.

he'll feel like shit and lose weight

He's going to lose a lot of muscle

Why are you friends with retards anyway?

let him end up being underweight yet have 20% bodyfat.

Guys, is what I am doing ok?

>6ft
>183lbs
>20%bf

>1200kcal
>Lifting
>Enough protons
>Enough sleep

>lanklet
>eating 1200
Bruh, go for 2000 at least

No, damn it. I want to get to 12%bf fast. Am I going to fuck up? The diet is been easy for now, although I've only been doing it for 3 days.

6ft is lanklet? lel

>lose weight so you can start gaining weight
????????
literally what the fuck why not just start building muscle?

Because past 15% bf you start getting fucked up hormones, gaining fat because even easier compared to muscle, you look like shit and feel like shit. It's better to be at low bf first, then bulk in a controlled manner, never going past 15% bf.

oh so that's why all the powerlifters and what not are way, way beyond 15% bf, they want to fuck their hormones up

fucking retard

>lean
>implying you will be lean when your muscles are dough

Powerlifters have a shit ton of muscle below that fat, it's not like they are sumo fighters. Having muscle does increase test by itself. That doesn't mean they would be healthier at a lower bf.

Kill yourself retard. You need to lift in order to drop bodyfat.

> That doesn't mean they would be healthier at a lower bf.

Wouldn't*

aaaa what a retard

Please point to where I said you don't need to lift.

>You need to lift in order to drop bodyfat.

Not true.

powerlifters pump themselves with the appropriate hormones, completely drowning out any effect from their fat

fucking retard

>not on roids

youll end up 165lbs 19.9% bodyfat by the end of it.

are you legitimately trying to fucking argue that you should cut to ~15% before you start strength training just to "increase your test levels"?

Powerlifters are on steroids.

powerlifters are fat, ugly, deformed fucks despite being on steroids.

do you want to look like a powerlifter?

No, you stupid fuck. I am saying you should begin SS while dieting down to 12%bf before doing a bulk, so you can more easily control your weight and fat gainz, plus having optimal hormonal balance an feeling better cause you're not a fat fuck.

What if I start injecting Test?

You're right, you don't technically need to lift to drop BF, but if you want to drop BF faster and actually be in shape and not be a Jared Fogle faggot who only walks, you should lift. Lifting allows you to burn extra calories all day recovering.

The whole thing was about him losing weight and losing weight only, and he'd start building muscle only AFTER that. Instead of doing it while cutting. I even said in my post
>literally what the fuck why not just start building muscle?
which is exactly what you too think he should be doing you doofus

Yeah, I agree. I never said you shouldn't lift.

My bad then, I didn't even read the post you were replying too.

he dont need protein if he wants to lose weight

if he can pull this plan up, which i doubt, he will lose weight but his muccles first

You friend wants to end a skinny fat smelly?

No tone with no bodybuilding. Cardio is shit and eats away muscle.

Lift for gain or die in vain.

pump is life

I'm actually thinking about doing something similar
>1.77m (5'10/9?)
>120kg (265lbs)
>23yo
I was thinking about keep going to the gym and only doing cardio for a month or two to lose some weight and start lifting after that

Do both cardio and lifting. Lifting burns fat, more efficiently, due to the calories the recovery consumes.

Could you recommend me a beginners program? I was planning on doing SS but I've seen a lot of people making fun of it. Also, is there any downside to do cardio after lifting? I know you shouldnt do it before so it doesn't affect your lifting but I don't know if theres anything wrong with doing afterwards

The "your metabolism will slow down" meme is, I'm sorry to say, true as fuck. I've crash dieted before, and the weight (not just water weight) will find its way back quickly

>500 kcal deficit
>intermittent fasting w/ fasted cardio (skip breakfast and do cardio instead)
>slow & steady

Sumo wrestlers are often bretty buff

There is no point arguing with people like this. Just let him do his thing, it will only frustrate you to keep trying to help.

Assuming you lift in the afternoon or evening, you'd get more benefit doing it when you wake up. Even jumping jacks and burpees work. (Jumping jacks are way underrated and get no love here on Veeky Forums)

Its just irritating when people come to you for help and don't listen to a single thing said despite you being proof of results

They'll lose weight.
But a good chunk of it will be the muscle the body built to move that fat ass around.
Which is, surprisingly enough a lot.

Problem is that the body will continue to eat through that muscle and barely touch the fat. Why?
Cause they aren't doing anything to maintain the muscle on top of not eating enough protein so the body can rebuild and minimize it.
With the excess weight from the fat, and extra calories and protein and heavy eating being over, the body will begin to get rid of the muscle it doesn't need as well as the fat.

The body fucking LOVES muscle. It loves it so much that it will eat that first and fat second.
You have to tell your body to not just make a smaller version of your fat self but to make a less fat and slightly more toned/muscular version of yourself and to burn as much fat as possible.

The legs will get bigger and even maintain muscle, everywhere else will get smaller though.

Oh and the lack of sleep basically ensures that they will hit the wall hard as fuck. By wall I mean where they physically and mentally can not do their diet and exercise plan one more day. They'll know it when they feel it.
The malaise, the tiredness, the acheyness, the crankiness, the brainfog, the meteoric drop in libido, the coldness, the complete and utter overwhelming depression. It'll get bad.

they'll be fine actually

>if you're still lifting
He just said you're not going to make it. Tell him to fuck off.

Kek actually what I think he meant was lifting while going on a cut. I told him I'd be lifting whether I cut or bulk.

If not then, he shouldn't be one to talk. He isn't as dedicated as I am

Wow, really well put, so if I'm fat and only doing Cardio I shouldn't concentrate on my legs while starting to lift because the cardio will take care of that right?

something I learned over the years is never to concern yourself with other people's dieting habits and plans. Nobody asked for help, and they all think they know best.

>Not aesthetic after a 3 month novice routine

okay???

i lost 30 pounds just by walking 30 minutes every day for 4 months. but when i got sick i fucked it all up during christmas and binged ate and havent gone to the gym since, gained it all back. but im gonna go back once i learn some work out routines weights and stuff diet.

The human body is naturally aesthetic at a low bf %, and achieving a low bf % takes less than 3 months.

>inb4 you post some malnourished african child and call it natural human body

Look up bodybuilding type programs. Strength training isn't appropriate for you. Bodybuilding is within the 8-12 rep range and will burn more calories and add more muscle than a Strength program.

If you want stronger or larger legs you'll work on your legs.
If you don't want to work on your legs then you can ignore them.

All of what you said is stupid.

When I say human body I am not talking about some deformed office worker. I am talking about blue-collar workers who aren't overweight.

>inb4 they do physical labour and so they get muscles
The human body was never meant to be stationary.

Whatever dude.

Isn't cutting like at lease 200 calories below maintainence?

the smiley faces, kek

>hard time doing OHP with 5 lbs on each side!
How the fuck? Is that even possible?

I was that guy and lost 90 lbs. It took 2 years but I gained everything back. Now I've been cutting at a 500 cal deficit.

>5'10"
>down to 195lbs
>goal is 1500 cal a day but I don't always make it

Unemployed. job hunting, so I can't get a gym membership. I burn 1200 cal a day on my elliptical but don't have a weight set yet. In place of lifting I've just been trying to do jumping jacks, sit ups, and push ups. Are there any other exercises I could do in the meanwhile to supplement the lack of lifting?