Rate/Review my beginner lifting routine

>Squats
>Overhead Press
>Lateral raise
>Bent over rows
>Lying Press
>Lying flys

4 sets of 10. I use 10-20lb dumbbells, depending on what I'm comfortable with

Is this okay for a beginner or am I doing it wrong?

Pretty lady for your time.

Shit, I also do bicep curls

where are your pulls, i only see push

he has bent over rows in there, but you are wright. The routine is heavily neglecting back.

ned sum didly m8

Pull ups?

Any suggestions?

more pull

Literal garbage. Read the sticky

You're routine doesn't matter. Just work out and get your macros and focus on the areas you want to work on and don't forget to stretch.

this
build some basic strength level before you start with isolations

Do this as a beginner if you eat and sleep well enough:

-Upper1 -

Bench 5 sets pyramid up
Row 3 sets on a good middlerange working weight do them when resting from bench

Pullups 4 sets pref knuckles towards you, do them assisted with band or machine or cables so you can hit middlerange of reps
Overhead press 3 sets dumbbells or bar, do them while resting from pullups.

- Lower 1 -
2 light Squat sets for buildup to the 3 HEAVY sets max 5 reps on those, rest 5 min between sets.
Deadlift light, do 7-8 reps for 3 sets after all Squats are done
Legpress 3 sets of like 10-12 reps, so kinda light

- Upper 2 -
Incline bench 5 sets pyramid up
Row 3 sets on a good middlerange working weight do them when resting from bench

Pullups 4 sets pref knuckles AWAY from you (chinups or neutral), do them assisted with band or machine or cables so you can hit middlerange of reps
Overhead press 3 sets dumbbells or bar, do them while resting from pullups.

- Lower 2 -

2 lighter Deadlifts sets and 3 HEAVY sets max 5 reps on those, rest 5 min between sets.
Squats light, do 8-9 reps for 4 sets after all Deadlifts are done

This is a 4 day split. You can now rest or not.

I usually go 6 days without rest and just putting a restday on what would have been the 7 day in a row of trainging just to be sure I get enough rest for my nerves.
Sometimes if I feel strong I can do this for like 10-12 days in a row before I rest a day.
But I have no real stresses in my life.

This split will work on your overall strenght in the most primal movements that will translate into big gains FOR THE FUTURE when you find your own way of doing a good workout routine.

It is forever chaning but you can ABSOLUTLY start like this for 1 year if you dont want to change anything, and you will see the most gains.

Rest more days in between the Upper lower if you know you are stressed in your daily life.

I don't even see a routine here. What are your goals? Are you training for Strength? Physique? Whats your current weight? How many times a week will you train?

I just want to be in better shape. I am 6'1 and 230lbs, I'm willing to train everyday.

What I posted there was something I found online. I've been doing it every morning, along with an hour an my exercise bike (or a hike up the mountain behind my house if it's nice outside)

My goals are to lose 40lbs (I know that weight training isn't enough for this) and just be stronger/better looking in general.

You should read into Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 and read articles on elitefts.com. It's a very simple routine that you can use to attain your goals. Losing 40lbs will take a while. Lifting will definitely help, but the biggest thing will be a lifestyle change in regards to your eating and drinking. Keep in mind, this will take a few years to get to where you want to be, not 6 months (though you will see progress if you are consistent. Anyone or anything promising quick results are lying.

Obviously I have a lot more research to do, but do you think the stuff I'm doing already is helping or just a waste of time?

And yeah, I've already drastically changed my diet and alcohol consumption over the last few months.

>pretty lady
its ok op I got you

5/3/1 is not a beginner routine and a complete waste of time for one. You should fucking read what 5/3/1 is before you recommend monthly mesocycles to a novice.

I wouldn't say it's a waste of time. It's good that you have enough initiative to actually lift. You just have to further educate yourself on things. As a beginner, you'll go through a very long trial and error phase in order to find what best suites you. Look into finding a powerlifting gym near you. I guarantee it will change your life for the better.

Let's get back to the point,lads. Those lifts I posted in the OP are what I have been doing every morning. Along with an hour of cardio. And a healthy diet. Is thing going to get help me get in shape? Should I add other lifts? or scrap it altogether?

Beginners can make gains on 531, novice or not. Far better to do that than his current program.

Just do SS or SL nubcake

literally just do starting strength or stronglifts for 3 months then switch to a more bodybuilding routine

I probably should have specified that I don't go to a gym and don't want to. I would like to work out with dumbbells at home.