Bruce Lee training regime?

Anybody know what Bruce Lee did to train? If anyone had their shit figured out it was this nigga.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APx2yFA0-B4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=APx2yFA0-B4

On mobile and not sure if this is the right image but his training regimen is out there somewhere. A lot of body weight.

not OP but thx

He definitely has his shit figured out, but knowing his routine will only help you if you have the exact same goals as he did i.e. you want to get better at the martial arts he practiced. If you just want to look like him, following his routine would be a waste of time.

He boxed and did MMA-style crosstraining before that was a thing. Which is funny, because his legacy inspired an era of traditional voodoo bullshit magick hooey when he was in fact very practical and not a mystical asian man. If it weren't for racism at the time, he probably would have been far more American in spirit than Chinese

Umm unless this was his mental training, I think you linked the wrong image

Wrong image, looks like a chronological Veeky Forums list

That image is fucking bullshit and whoever composed it probably hasn't even read half of those works listed. Just namedropped

There's tons of these sheets on google bruh

what a fucking DYEL, how will he ever make it

>Squat
>95 lbs
My sides

well he was a small Asian man so...

Explain.

Who shouldn't be on there? Any major works missed? Barring non-western authors like avicenna and lao tzu it's pretty comprehensive

(Guy who posted image)

I've got 3 books compiled of Bruce's notes and one of them has his full workout regime inside.

Mad props to Lee; I'm a fighter myself and I've spent the last 8 years training boxing and other martial arts. I know a lot of people say Bruce wasn't a fighter; but they forget he was a martial artist before he was an actor and he was obsessed with practical application. Bruce cut out the bullshit from wing chun when he made jeet kune do and it ended up as something that more resembles traditional MMA striking.

He had a lot of good ideas too; was he a god of fighting like the media made out? Of course not; but he was a real man who applied himself to his martial development and looked to find the best practical applications. The idea of interception for example; slipping and hitting rather than slipping and then hitting.

what's the name of a book that has his workout regime?

The art of expressing the human body

I also recommend "Artist of Life"

Read The Art of Expressing the Human Body.

He needed functional strength user

>wrist curl almost as heavy as your squat

Well, he was pretty tiny. He just had a low bf% so he looked ripped.

Also, being small agile was probably better for his martial arts than being big and strong

Cut to 130 pounds and post your squat results

no need to cut for me and my squat is 105kg 3x5

I have one book about his training that was compiled from his training notes. The training card that got posted earlier was only his beginner routine when he stated lifting in Hong Kong. Next to classic lifting, he also did a lot of isometric work on a power rack. He also did a lot of classic bodyweight, barbell, dumbbell and kettlebell exercises at home. He had split the body in different zones so he could train about every day. Later, he bought a Marcy circuit training machine (see pic) which he also used a lot. Of course, next to lifting he did JKD training (shadowboxing, sparring and bag training) and running. Oh, and when he wasn't training or working, he was stretching.

My guess is that his fitness simply came from being extremely active all the time and he probably also used roids as they started to get widespread in the lifting scene.

You're really 130 pounds?

post body

In short: LOTS of running, 24/7 excercising your muscle with small weight or without, drinking raw eggs, high tempo dynamic kung fu workouts.

torrent search "art of expressing the human body"

He died like Zyzz. Coincidence? I dont think so.

Zyzz died in a gay sauna club in Bangkok. Bruce Lee died in some chicks apartment in Hong Kong. The only connection I see, is that both died in Asia - but so do thousand of other people.

Modern is only Heidegger and Wittgenstein. Even if you are only listing important philosophical *book* from the 20th C, there would surely be some more names on this list. (Rawls, Kripke, Arendt, Ayer, Hare?--depending on your preferred philosophical style.)