Body Weight General /BWG/ GO!

/BWG/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mSZWSQSSEjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How many bodyweight dips is decent if i weight around 85kg (=slightly less than 190lb)?
I can do ~30 reps now.

It's very good imo. Try doing harder dips though. At least L sit dips or Russian dips. Check out dips progression.

if you can do 5x15 you need to progress to another lift

sadly we both seem to have misplaced the copy pasta for BWG, I still have this, though

who /calisthenics/ here?

I need a good leg stretching routine brehs, any infographs ?

Thank you. I`ll use that one the next time!

I only got this one atm, but ill try to gather more to post here.

Yeah, I've seen your kind. Your range of motion is absolute shit, believe me.

Try doing every dip to the lowest position possible and push all the way up. Only then start working on larger sets.

or add weight?

>

if you are adding weight, just do free weights

Straight bar dips seem to be notably out of place in that one. I can do them just as well as parallel grip dips, and I'm a weakling trying to work up to 20 push ups/ 10 pull ups.

>Yeah, I've seen your kind. Your range of motion is is the normal range of motion, to parallel.

>I'm better than you.
ftfy

there's nothing wrong with my technique. i could do well over 100 of those crossfit-style dips. iv'e jut always been good at bodyweight exercises, at 8th grade i could jump over three meters from stand without any serious training.

Tell me, how to do a proper pike diamond push up?

Doing that move hurts my right wrist a lot. Left one is ok for some reason.

By using push-up handles, I'd imagine.

Gymnasts have the most impressive wrist as well as shoulder joints. They can load them in ways that would destroy them for average people. It's probably, to a degree a good idea to gently condition ones wrists, but certainly joint pain is to be avoided.
Here's a video too: youtube.com/watch?v=mSZWSQSSEjE

Thanks

>can do 15+ pull ups in one set
>can do 3x5 weighted pull ups
>can't do 3x12, even struggle with 3x10 bodyweight
What's keeping me back here? I simply don't feel like my body recovers from higher reps unless I take several minutes in between sets.

Oh and I'm using 1pl8 for the weighted variation, forgot to mention

If you can do any two of the three chinups

3*10 with >35%BW
Or
2*5 with >50%BW

> >20 unweighted chinups

You may qualify for one arm chin up training!

Warm your wrist and try something easier to let your joints adapt. I for example couldn't even body squat properly, so I only started simpler version until I could. Now going for pistols but my fucking balance is shit.

You can start one arm chin-up training whenever. I started when I could only do 15 bw chins and now I've progressed to controlled 1 arm lowers.

You're talking arbitrary dogmatic bullshit desu lad.

This is a good starting point for what I consider a fast track program. Each person is different, so I don't know if your results are suboptimal, but this was a very easy area for me to progress from.

From this starting point I could do a full OAC in 2.5 months.

Less than 11 months after that I can do 5 one arm chins.

How long did it take you to get to lowers?

Best video for op pic? I can't get the angle right for this rows. Please help

Balance skills just seem to take a lot of repetition, but if you think about it 5 reps a day translate to 1825 a year. So even a slow learner like me should see improvements eventually.
Just be reminded that the number one rule in pistol squatting is 'As soon as you lose control of the movement, stop moving the knee and fall out of the exercise.'.

I bought gymnastic rings like half a year ago and started working out on the playground 20m away from my house door (early morning or late evening when there are no kids).
Slowly but surely i collected more and more material, like exercises, routines, and learned more about nutrition. Feels good man

I can do 15 slow strict pull ups in one set but when I do the front lever the lats hurt like hell. How do I improve? I can't hold longer than 2 seconds.

I can hold it for 2 seconds though so that's one good thing I guess.

I need a fucking routine for rings. Got any suggestions?

Test

>tfw 6'2"
>tfw most hard bodyweight stuff seems impossible
At least having long levers means you're building more strength right?