Hi Veeky Forums bros

hi Veeky Forums bros,

should i stick with optimum nutrition whey protein powder or are there better alternatives?

MyProtein™

yeah, as well as pretty much anything that has a "Nutrition Facts" label and not "Supplement Facts"

Something with caseine is sposed to be better. Grenade has 50/50 whey and casine, JYM has a similar blend with some egg thrown in.

you can have supplement facts and still have proprietary blends

If you go by protein purity, look on labdoor.com

supp store owner here. There are plenty of alternatives. You just have to ask yourself if youd rather pay 60 bucks for 10/10 Gold standard protein or if youre cool with spending 50 bucks on 9/10 protein powders. ON is the best quality Whey Concentrate, but there are a ton of other solid brands putting out great products that are a little cheaper.

I'm assuming you meant nutrition facts. Yet another pitfall to keep an eye out for

No, you can make a product with supplement facts without having full disclosure. Rich pianas brand is a good example.

Is the Costco 100 percent whey protein a good source ?

It's basically 40 bucks for 6lbs . That's like 2 free lbs of protein every purchase

cytojews are known for mislabeling their products.

What do you think of Species Isolyze?
How does GNC compare to Optimum? I've only had GNC and shitty store brands.

I just ordered 10 lbs of MP combat for $60 off some site called supplementhunt, thing is still up on their deals. No idea if it's like at expiry or something but that's a ridiculous deal and its cookies and cream which isn't a horrible flavour in other brands I've tried.

isolate protein is a scam. Youre paying on average 10-30 dollars more per tub for 10% more filtration. Unless youre lactose intolerant, the benefits youll see from isolate proteins "faster digestion" is really negligible, specifically post workout.

Pray its not expired, a chinese counterfeit, or both

We'll see, although the same shit goes for $37 on amazon with normal reviews. I had honestly been unaware that MP made a 5lbs tub, only ever seen 4lbs. I paid paypal so I'll just dispute if it's sand

Well that's why I want to try it, all the regular protein powders I've tried give me diarrhea. I think I'm slightly lactose intolerant, I can drink milk and eat cheese but eggs mess my stomach up too. I figured adding whey just pushed me over my lactose limit.

it could be the whey. really tough to say. If you really want to pay extra for a filtered, lactose free protein i personally wouldnt go with species. Yes theyre products are great quality, yes theyre 100% full disclosure, yes all of that is true. It still doesnt justify Dave Palumbo charging 80 bucks a tub for it. Look for Gasparis Precision protein that just came out. Quality is legit, and its the most affordable fully HYDROLIZED protein on the market. hydrolized protein is cleaner even that isolate. Granted the amino acid spectrum is a bit different.

Poverty protein poverty products poverty gains

try a beef protein maybe fast digestion but no lactose something like muscle meds carnivore or muscle tech 100% beef, marcos are nothing fat and cholesterol wise

Poverty priced protein produces poor performance

You can get 6 pounds of Optimum Nutrition for $60 at Costco. That's pretty cheap.

all of their flavors are terrible it's not worth the savings.

recently switched from ON gold to myprotein total protein and i much prefer it.

It mixes better, theres never any clumps left, its base price is cheaper and they almost always have 25-50% off sales so it usually works out as half the price of ON gold.

Unflavored.

I'm yet to taste a flavor of theirs that i dont like, and so far iv tasted:
Strawberry, Mocha, Peanut cookie, Cookies and cream, Banana chocolate, Peanut butter and chocolate. All pretty good except peanut cookie which while doesn't taste bad, it doesn't taste like peanut cookie either.

Former fat fuck now trying to stop being a fucking skeleton here.

Is there any truth to this? Like the label says how much protein is in a tub per 100g. Are you saying MP are lying or somehow their protein is less proteiney than other places?

are you fucking stupid? less money equals less gains sounds like some kind of capitalistic propaganda, are you seriously considering shit that doesn't make sense as truth?