Lifting and Depression; Lifting and Anxiety

We all know lifting and general exercise usually working wonders for depression.

What I'm getting at is anxiety. I'm asking for myself because it's gotten so bad lately that I can't even finish a workout. I feel that pounding in my chest, and obsession with my pulse, then I get outta there.

What can I do for this shit since lifting is making it worse? I know it's common for it taking a good while for one's heart to calm down after lifting heavy in particular, and that's another part of how just the idea of the gym has been making me nervous is because the things causing the anxiety follow me after I leave the gym for hours.

What the fuck do I do? I don't even have depression, but this anxiety is fucking ruining my life. It feels like getting cucked by your own existence.

Halp

Take something to chill you out maybe. Figure out the source of your anxieties and work on changing things. Good luck, man. I really feel for you because i also suffer from anxiety.

Also, if you drink coffee or do drugs, stop now.

try eating some carbs before lifting, not too many of course
when i have food in my stomach i get less nervous

Have you listened to the song weightless by Marconi union? Apparently it reduces heart rate and helps with anxiety. I would give it a try when u finish your workout.

I can't even handle a sip of regular coffee without my anxiety going over the edge.

I don't know what to do anymore, I'm worried I'll just get told to see an expensive ass shrink, or get Ativan which will only treat a panic episode but not cure my core cause.

Anxiety is literally controlling my life at this point.

>lifting and general exercise usually work wonders for depression
>tfw lifting hasn't helped at all

Are you getting enough sleep?

It sounds like your main fear is the fear of having an anxiety attack, which is pretty common, and having anxiety only exacerbates your fixation on it. You need to break your association with your anxiety and the gym, which I realize is easier said than done.

When you feel one coming on try some deep breathing, take a break for a minute, nobody is going to think there's anything wrong with you taking some deep breathes after a set.

deal with it until the anxiety is so overwhelming you no longer fear death because you are constantly staring it down like the bitch it is
>how to become a man

>We all know lifting and general exercise usually working wonders for depression.
Hasn't worked for mine but maybe that's because I don't eat enough to get big and I keep skipping gym days so I've basically stayed the same for two years just more skinnyfat.

>tfw making it in the gym but you're an empty husk of a man

Why is it that most of Veeky Forums is mentally fucked here?

Who else /digitalchildhood/ and /singlemother/ here?

Fuck this world holy shit. My mother is a lazu nigger, it's too bad my father had to be a thirsty nerd and impregnate her when they both were 40.

Boomers are complete scum. Fuck them all.

>tfw

i once took molly before a workout (i figured it would give me energy like regular pre workout and calm the nerves) and i passed out in the squat rack and pissed myself. someone called the ambulance as i was waking up but luckily i live in such a shithole that they declined the call. i got up and left. never went back to that gym again. later i had the worst headache ever suffered by anyone

Why in the fuck man

hey, at least you learned somethign from this for your future family
it's 4chin. Normal people go on reddit or facebook

breathing exercises, meditation, chamomile tea, cardio.

Go to a doctor. Anxiety can have psychological or chemical source. You will most likely be given some anxiolytic drugs, that will help return your neurotransmitters to balance and be encouraged to go to a psychologist.
I've never met anyone that got rid of their anxiety without either going to a doc or a psych.
If you drink tons of energy drinks and coffee, then you need to limit that.

This - seems like stupid little things.
But thats because you're a egotistical cunt that beleives you're a real man and that whatevers wrong with you must be waaaaay too serious for little things to help with.

We're giving you answers, and you're going to turn them down because you want everyone to recognize that you're a tragic fuck that can't be helped because of your 'issues'

Man up, drink your floral tea and lift.

>tfw it's done quite the opposite

fellow anxiety sufferer here, i workout at home and it's so bad i don't even want to go to a gym and i constantly think there's something wrong with my heart (chest pains, dizziness etc). drinking one glass of red wine 3 or 4 times a week i find really helps because of its insanely good heart health benefits, combine that with a couple of cayenne pepper capsules a week and trying to stay relaxed as much as possible keeps me confident that my heart will be ok during a workout

That's because you're one of those people with self diagnosed depression as opposed to actual depression.
The only cure is to stop being a little bitch

I've had doctors tell me that I'm depressed, I've been in and out of therapy in the past for it. I wouldn't say I'm self diagnosed

I don't have full blown anxiety, but it's kind of tied into my depression. I'm not sure how much of your anxiety is mental and how much is caused by life, but I can tell you what I do to try to control it:

>if in a situation causing anxiety, excuse yourself ASAP to give a chance to calm down. The bathroom is a great excuse that most people won't question and you can take a good ten minute breather before coming back.
>deep breaths and slowly counting down from ten. It's a very basic tactic that I learned to handle my anger, but it works well for anxiety too. Don't feed the negativity. It's okay to feel it, but don't let it take over and control you.
>if you're anxious about how much shit you have to do, break down what you have to do and prioritize the main concerns. If youre worried about bills, cleaning, work, school, family, and a significant other, determine what you have to do immediately. Pay the most pressing bills, do the assignment due tonight, and wash a few dishes. You don't have to do everything, just do the minimum daily until you've chipped away enough that the huge mess of problems seems much more manageable
>don't dwell. If you have time to spiral into anxiety then you have time to do something while freaking out internally. There is power in doing, and doing shows you have control
>talk to people close to you. If you have no one then use Veeky Forums or reddit or something in the appropriate boards. Voicing concerns can help put them in perspective and center you on what's important and real.

Thus is just my experience. Honestly you should seek professional help if your anxiety is that bad though, our advice may not work for you at all.

How the fuck do I stop the anger and/or depression from ADHD meds?

When I was on Concerta I would either become irrationally enraged at everything after the dose wore off, or I'd become extremely depressed and emotional. I switched the Adderal XR, but that just changed the issues. I'm not furious at the end of the dose, but I have an extremely short temper during the dose, and depression at the end of the dose.

I'm already an angry man with severe depression, so these bouts are terrible. But the medicine is a life changer for me so I can't stop them. I used to use weed after the dose wore off to help with the nasty comedown, but I need to get a new job and had to stop because of drug tests. But I can't always use marijuana at the end of a dose so that didn't fix anything always either, and I didn't like to have to get high every evening just to be functional in the day. Now I'm drinking to help, but I build a tolerance to booze REALLY fast so this isn't a solution either. Idk what to do. I hate being a forgetful dumbass when I don't take my meds, but the side effects are so nasty combined with my depression and natural temper.

>drink a shit ton of coffee, tea, take adderall and pre-wo
>I feel a relaxing high whenever I take too much caffeine

what the fuck is wrong with me

Addiction prob

I have HUGE anxiety. I mean... just insane. I have blacked out before, so it's pretty much panic attack levels of bad at its worst.
I can't offer help, because your anxiety seems way different to mine.
Just thought I'd say hello to a fellow anxiety-bro.
Guess I'll say a bit more:
My anxiety started getting really fucking bad during university. I mistook it for depression at first, and for a long time, because that's just what it felt like when I was curled up in a ball on my bed not leaving the room even to go and buy food. I stopped going to the gym for probably half a year at that point.
As far as lifting goes; it simply makes me feel more manly, more stoic, and that helps sort of.... deal with the anxiety.

This is actually legit.
There is some research showing that carbs basically disrupt the brain chemistry that causes anxiety/stress.

And even just the distraction of sayign to yourself: "I feel shit, time to get to my kitchen and stuff my face with carbs" might help you.

>i passed out in the squat rack and pissed myself.

I'd advise you not to smoke weed if you already have brain issues.

And I'm not supposed to drink either, but one or the other is the only reason I can even barely tolerate being alive despite my depression so I feel a bit trapped.