What percentage of adult males have a visible six pack?

What percentage of adult males have a visible six pack?

I'm getting numbers as low as 5 percent to 20 percent.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-03.pdf).
niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-statistics/Pages/overweight-obesity-statistics.aspx).
statisticbrain.com/gym-membership-statistics/).
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigger its like 1-2% be real.

a skinnypack or a builtpack?
the latter is probably around 1-2%

70% of all the men in the United States are overweight, a good portion of the rest are probably skinnyfat

like said it's probably 1% lets be real here

A lot of 3rd worlders do not have much bodyfat so they have visible 6packs even if they're not particularly muscled.

but I doubt you were asking about that

1-3% actual.

Depending on your social group (this is the important factor) it is much higher.

E.g. In university it's probably 5-8% on campus and depending on the social group you're with it could be very high.

100% starving Africans.

Given the number of people that vocally point it out when they see me shirtless, it's a pretty rare thing
What he said

With perfect lighting and normie standards, quite possibly 20%. With no lighting and seeing actual shredded abs? below 1% is my guess.

You all are fucking idiots.

The following is based on the 2010 census:

Out of 309,000,000 people...
There are 83,700,000 men in the US who are 20-59 (you said adult males, here) (census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-03.pdf).

74% of men are overweight (niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-statistics/Pages/overweight-obesity-statistics.aspx). That leaves us with:
83,700,000 * .26 = 21,762,000 men

That is 14.3% of the male population. That's assuming all men who are not overweight have 6 packs.

58,000,000 people in the US have a gym membership (statisticbrain.com/gym-membership-statistics/). Let's divide that by two to account for the male side:
58,000,000 / 2 = 29,000,000

For that male population that goes to the gym we are going to divide it by the entire adult male population (18+) which is ~113,000,000:
29,000,000 / 113,000,000 = 25.6% males go to the gym.

There is a problem here, 67% of people never use their gym membership.
25.6% of men who have a membership X 33% who actually use it = 8.45% of men who have a membership and actually use it.

Back to the original question: how many adult males have six packs? Well, there are 21,762,000 men in the USA who are between the ages of 20-59. We will assume that 100% of them who do attend the gym have a six pack (crazy, I know, but stay with me).

26,762,000 * 8.45% = 2,261,389 men

If we divide this by all adult males in the range of 20-59:
2,261,389 / 83,700,000 = 2.7%

This means that 2.7% of men who are in the age range of 20-59 and attend the gym have six packs. This is obviously bullshit because there are many men who have a low-enough body fat to still not be considered overweight and yet do not have six packs. Also, there is probably a strong correlation between age and the chances of having a six pack decreasing.

Overall, my best estimate is less than 1% or 837,000 men or less.

Even on Miami Beach where there's a ton of jacked dudes, they're still

12%

Can confirm. According to fat caliper measurement I'm around 18% bf but still have visible abs when I flex in the right light.

>overweight
>100kg 8%bf
hmmm?

im technically overweight 5'7 180

It depends on how much muscle is in your core.

If you are like me, even at fucking 2% bodyfat you won't have abs because there is no muscle in the core

If you have huge abdominals, yes, you will have "abs" at high body fat %, because the muscle is so large it still looks defined with higher bf %

This is the most autistic thing I've ever read. Congrats.

Damn. Not even autistic. Damn impressed. Based Af.

well, that's a fact based assumption if I've ever seen one.

well fucking played user, disregard those that say your autism is showing.

do I seriously have to limit my water intake to get cut? shit sounds unhealthy yo, more of a 'show body' ideal at the cost of potentially damaging your renal system than peak fitness

Okay
>overweight=/=unfit
>more males have membership than females
>you used both the numbers for 20-29 and 18+ as adult male population in different occasions
7/10 for the effort