Over the past year I've been making an app for myself to log my lifts to keep track and see my progress without all the...

Over the past year I've been making an app for myself to log my lifts to keep track and see my progress without all the bloat and complications I found with other apps. Well I finally finished and decided to put it up on the Google Play Store as well.

I'd appreciate any feedback in what elements I should improve or features to add that would be useful.

Thanks for taking a look. It's called Lift Logger and free on the Play Store
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mattceonzo.liftlogger

Other urls found in this thread:

material.google.com/style/color.html#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks pretty decent but I would change the main screen colors. White on light background is kinda hard to read.

I actually saw this the other day as recommended for me. Looks great, but I'm currently doing SL so I'm already using that app. This is definitely a contender for use when I graduate though. Excellent work, user. Productive use of your rest days.

I have a side build that will address this when I update. I agree that it is not the easiest to read at a glance on that screen. Thanks for the feedback.

Wow that's cool that my app actually was shown as recommended. Thanks user, it means a lot to see something I've created as well received.

A way to re-order routines would be excellent, without having to delete them and re-do each of them.

I'd also love some way to share routines, not necessarily a database, but just sending a copy to friends with a text file or something

The reordering has been such a struggle. I really want that too. I'm not giving up and still working on getting that done. As well as backup/restore of your lifts

>I'd also love some way to share routines
Incredible idea! I love this.

The ordering of workouts isn't that big of a deal if you're aware before you start listing them that you can't change their order once they're created.

Having a way to save import and export routines would hopefully also mean that when you update people can more easily get back to what they were doing. I've stopped using apps and programs countless times on the back of them making an update that required me to start from scratch again and it being a hassle.

It might not be necessary for some people (I myself don't actually need it) but streamlining the exercise addition to each routine would be helpful. So when you add an exercise you also get to add the information required for it, the reps, rest time, etc.

Goal, rest time and number of sets don't auto clear. I've accidently set up to have 53 sets more than a few times...

Yeah right now the only way to "reorder" would be to delete the routine or exercise and add it in the order that you want. Which I don't like.

The past lifts and all the info should be retained with any updates I would push. I just want the backup/restore so if someone switches phones they could get all their lifts back.

The idea I had for just adding the exercises first without diving into the specifics for each one was so that the time from install to getting to your workout logging could be as short as possible. But I'm sure I could make it less steps to get it all configured how the user wants.

Thanks for all the feedback and ideas. I appreciate it a ton.

Good critique! I'll fix that with the next update

How is the estimated 1RM calculated exactly? Will there be a way to delete mishandled lift logs?

I'm not going to use it but I got it just to increase your downloads. Good luck

Have you considered implementation for supersets? And would there be a way to run the rest timers without logging lifts?

I do really like this, for an early version this is great

The 1RM is using the Epley Formula
1RM=(wr/30)+w. Where r is the number of reps and w is the weight

>Will there be a way to delete mishandled lift logs?
Right now only to edit them. The deleting is also a work in progress because it requires some manipulation with other lifts (for instance if you delete set 2 then set 3 in the same session will have to be demoted to 2) But working on it!

Thanks user!

The 1RM is using the Epley Formula
1RM=(wr/30)+w. Where r is the number of reps and w is the weight

>Will there be a way to delete mishandled lift logs?
Right now only to edit them. The deleting is also a work in progress because it requires some manipulation with other lifts (for instance if you delete set 2 then set 3 in the same session will have to be demoted to 2) But working on it!

Thanks user!

Did u really make it ?

Yep

Looks decent. Currently been using Fitnotes, but gonna give this a try.

Needs link to Veeky Forums and sticky

Make a $1 version without ads

This would be nice.

how far this app from being like JEFit?

Looks dope OP, when I'm done with SL sometime in the coming months, I'll definitely be using this. I was actually wondering if there was an app for this. Good job.

Im a graphic designer from germany, i like the concept, maybe your interested in working together to give it a better look&feel?

Im a marketing expert from london, i like the concept, maybe your intrerested in working together to extend your reach¬oriety?

I've attached some of my work.

Looks nice man. However i have 2+ years of data on Progression app, would there be any way to transfer it?

I could do that. Didn't know if there would be interest.

Thanks user. Hope you like it

Unfortunately probably not. I don't know how their back-end database stores the lifts and how nicely it would port over

This looks like a less usable version of fitnotes

Why you make it so ugly? Your using Android studio they pretty much hand hold you into using material design what happened?

Calculating and visualizing how many/what types of weights to put on the bar is super useful. SS app has it. You can click off weights that you don't have (appartment gym doesn't have 35lb for some reason, so it was nice to just turn that option off)

>inb4 I have week lifts. I know:(

this would be mucho helpful OP, even just telling the user what weight to have on each side like the SL app

Fitnotes is better.

I've never seen that before but it looks really useful. I'll look into adding it

I like some of the things fitnotes does but I really didn't like the structure/organization and how workout sessions weren't intuitive and progress through the exercises when you hit your target number of sets

I'm terrible at design. I tried :(

What app is that

good work
but why do you guys need an app, I just remember all numbers and put them in the google excel file I have in the evening

I might be able to help? I'm a total amateur and still in school but I'd be willing to do what I can to help for free. If you're interested hit me up at [email protected]

As far as workout apps I've been using "strong" it's by far the best I've found. Very easy to use

Did you look at the material design guidelines?

One major factor to improving your design is picking better colors. Take a look at this: material.google.com/style/color.html#

Class, doesn't work on my specific phone

>trying to figure out how the app works
>press start workout by accident
>exit session
>"Workout lasted 00:00:08. Dank workout!"

lol

downloaded it brah

Yeah I tried to do some card design. I'm bad at picking color themes though

Can you elaborate?

Thanks user