Whats triggers you at the gym?

Ill Start

???

Whats triggering about that pic?

Other people.

jfc

Taking up a prime real estate to do a set that has nothing to do with the bench press. Thats fucking blasphemy

That set is probably like 40 second long. Just ask here to move when she finishes you autist.

People squatting & benching on the Smith machine

Is she supersetting? It looks like she has dumbbells on the ground to do dumbbell bench presses.

People watching one person for their whole rest period.

Like fucking do something, use your phone, drink water, something instead of rape-watching a person for 2 minutes.

The guy is using gloves and clips on 145lb BP

Then go to a fucking free bench at the dumbbells. Dont take up a very high use item

That guy who squats a lot but doesn't go below parallel

she has a booger in her nose

>not using clips

Better be safe than sorry

>this thread again

Nice trips.

We do alot of threads, FPH, Steroids, Fucking your mom etc...

>That guy who squats a lot but doesn't go below parallel

This really rustles me because before I was home gym master race, there was a DYEL faggot who took 3 pl8 during gym busy time and used it to squat 1/8 ROM.

Actually once I saw an extremely DYEL man who looked exactly like Richard Simmons take literally every 45lb pl8 in the gym except the one I was using to do weighted chins, and he loaded them up on the leg press. There were so many pl8s that he had to rest 4 of them behind the foot plate because the bars were full.

Then he did a few reps of 1/8 ROM and that was it. I know it shouldn't bother me but I can only imagine these people bragging to their buddies BRO I SQUAT 315 or BRO I LEG PRESS 1080

>mfw my planet fitness only has smith machine
>mfw i cant afford anything more than $10 a month

>squatting on the smith machine
>curling in the squat rack
>benching with cables

>better safe than sorry.

You new? How would you dump the plates if there are collars on them?

Maybe she's barbell benching and only benches the bar?

How much do girls usually bench? IDK

What about Crunch user? Thats the same price

She's out lifting him

Speaking of which, I am irritated by impatient fucks. I was once using a bench and taking a 60 second break between sets (I use a timer). I was logging my previous set on my phone and some DYEL faggot walks up and asks me if I'm done with the bench. I told him to gtfo.

I used the bench for maybe 5 minutes total so it's not like he had been standing around grinding his teeth while I took forever.

someone taking a picture of other people at the gym

Duuuuuude.

Nothing I'm so low on self esteem that I think everyone has a bigger right to be there than me

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, user. *hugs*

autists

Anything in the smith machine with a spot.

people who ask for spots, but they actually mean "i'll do two reps alone, then help me on the last ten"

people who make noise

people who leave plates on the bar

people who take up the only fucking squat rack to do some meme bullshit

>barbell rows
>barbell flies
>putting bands across two power racks to do fucking cross fit shit
>using Dumbbells on a bench with the barbell still there
Give me my fucking barbells back

nothing triggers me more than people who don't put plates back in the plate rack or starts mixing plates of different weight

i wish death upon everyone who does that

That's a good thing. It keeps them off the real equipment so there's less traffic.

>not putting plates back
>putting plates back in the wrong place
>guys using pussy pad on squats
>dance/trance music in weight room
>guys walking around with weight belts or using weight belts for exercises they don't need them for
>"gym gloves"
>bad form
>people taking excessively long breaks while staring at their phones
>occupying more than one piece of equipment at a time
>people giving shitty advice to friends and/or people they don't know
>personal trainers recommending machines to anyone not old or injured
>personal trainers trying to recruit people to the latest gimmick exercise
>resolutionfags

you will find your place, user

Man I got kicked out of my university gym because I refused to clip my weights whenever I couldn't find a spotter for my bench.some gyms think its safer to clip the weights

>poor form
>quarter ROM (I know there are some instances where less ROM is for targeting other muscles so I try not to get too fussy about it)
>hoarding DB's
>doing dangerous things or at least things like lat pulldowns behind the head, literally wrecking their shoulders
>when people can do poor form and completely ignore anything about proper lifting and still get away with not getting injured
>DYEL's congregating en masse and clogging up walkways or benches
>NOT RERACKING WEIGHTS AND JUST LEAVING IT THERE

At this point the only people I actually like are people that have been there for a while. Fuck.

What a dumbass, those are used to build up your grip strength not put them on a barbell

there is this old man that will come to the gym dressed not for lifting but just a casual grampacore, talk a bit with the p trainers (seems they know each other) and then goes to the incline bench and takes a fucking nap for 20 minutes

You only use clips if you have a spotter you can rely on.

If you're by yourself, that can be worse in the sense that if you need to get some heavy fucking weight off you real quick but you can't, you're fucked.

It bothers me that people pay such poor attention to their surroundings around people benching. If someone is putting up at least 2pl8, you need to watch if they need a quick spot in a situation or watch out for falling 45's

...is this the lifetime fitness in bloomingdale?

when people use the squat bar to squat 25s or under.
just use fuckin dumbells or those weighted barbell things.

could be warm-ups for weaklings or women, as long as they don't take 5 minute breaks after warmup sets idc

just reading this triggered me

This but it also distracts me from my workouts and the guy never seems grateful when I help him out when he's clearly struggling.

People walking in and out of the sauna like theyre fucking cats. Also turning the temperature down before they come in while Im in there.

Theres also an old ass man that comes into the sauna exclusively to towel dry himself off.

What the fuck bros.

When I think I see the cool black guys laugh while looking in my general direction.

What is it? Is it my form? Is it my scrunched up Lifting Face? Am I ugly? Am I DYEL? Is it cuz of my fitted white boy workout shirt? Is it my cool gay hair? Why are you laughing at me????

If you're lifting weights where failure is an option get a spotter beforehand or use a bench that has safety bars. It's not that hard to not disregards everyone's safety at the gym because you're too autistic to speak.

Why does every woman who lifts do stupid fucking supersets? If there are 3 women at the same time in my gym you can bet that 80% of the equipment will be "in use"

Getting a spotter beforehand is good, sure. However things can happen on weights that you can normally lift by fucking up breathing or something happens. I've almost dropped my bench on my chest because my elbow cracked on the top of my lift.

The bars thing doesn't hold true for every gym, unfortunately.

Luckily they usually call out for some help or ask to keep an eye on them before they start. I've had to jump in a couple times to get a bar off some guys chest because he was turning purple and couldn't really ask for help at that point.

I got a gym where the female employees do that shit. I remember going into the machine room to warm up, I find a machine and head to it and I get interrupted by a femanon that I know works there, but lacks the uniform. She says shes super setting. I look around and its a crowded gym but I say fuck it and back off. I keep an eye on her and she was super setting: Lat Pull Downs, Butterfly Curls (machine) and preacher curls. Didnt make any god damn sense,. Left a shitty yelp review and called out the slut. I wont let there be a next time

These faggots

i do a little over 2plate, and dont need a spotter. if im failing i just put the bar on my stomach/hips then sit up. give me a chance to get a free shrug in the mix when racking the weights

because they arent trying to build mass

This.

steelys and a fucking scooter? i hope the person who took this pic is some traveller folk.

>lat pulldown behind head
>towels left on cable pulls to save spot
>dyels with shakers
>fatties with shakers
>tanktop and sweatpants

>needing to dump 145lb

There is nothing wrong with what user does.

critics

>anyone with a shaker filled with water
>using the shaker as a water bottle outside of the gym

I see what you did there

Retweet

there isnt one in my state unfortunately

>preworkout in shaker
>refill with water to stay hydrated during workout
>throw in protein powder after workout
what's wrong with that

I commend you for doing what you gotta do user. Im happy for you

Really now? Not the guy behind her wearing gloves to bench?? NOT HIM HUH?? yeah i guess his hands are cold, WRONG!
that's a gym, it's nice and warm.

>pre-workout
>protein shake immediately after working out

Congrats on getting memed by the supplement industry user

I go to a 10$ a month gym with free weights. Only one smith machine, that I never see being used.

i just watch myself in the mirror and critique my weak spots

>in your shoes from April to November
>in those 7 months my bench went up 30 lbs squat went up 40 lbs
>switch to real gym November 1 for $20/month
>bench went up 35lbs squat went up 55lbs in 6 weeks

maybe some people are good with the smith machine, but god damn I hate the idea of "one fixed position fits all"

This is literally exactly what I'm expecting to happen once I start going to an actual gym.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS INSTEAD OF BENCH PRESS, DIPS AND OVERHEAD PRESS

I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE

I like to make a protein shake for the drive home. Helps to rehydrate me as well.

>instead
I hate dyels

Sounds nice, what do you do when you get home?

>when people don't scream "LIGHTWEIGHT BABY" or "SCOOPS" or "GO BIG!!"
Kys, for real

That's fine if you know how to handle it. I was more or less considering the people that might panic in a situation like that.

I do feel like more could go wrong with having to bail like that but as long as you're safe and okay.

>Needing to dump the plates
>He can't roll of shame

luhmao tbhfam

Good luck getting the bar past the erected penis.

you will find peace, user

I actually say "SHOOP AHH" when lifting.
At first I always joked about it with my gymbro. But now I moved gyms and I lift alone and everyone can hear me

The only correct answer is eat

Kek

I scream "HUUULLLLLK" and drop the bar to my chest. Then Scream "SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM" and push the bar. Lot of haters stare at me while I unrack the 90lbs off the bar and head to the sauna for an hour

>not doing Starting Sleep

She could be doing this exercise at any place other than that bench.

Lifetime Fitness has a billion benches. Get over it.

I used to see this all the time before I set up my home gym.
They're not even good, I saw a lady bump hers off a bench and it just shattered. Had a hard time keeping my sniggers in check as she tried to mop it up with paper towels.

Just use a cheap bottle, they bounce.

Why didn't you just use machines you autist?

I have no issue sharing the (only) bench in the gym especially because I take a while if I'm going heavy, but if they want to adjust the pegs / starting position it gets a little annoying.

>tfw smith machine is the only place to barbell bp at your gym

45 likes

what is the purpose for this existence????

pussy ass bitch - kill yourself now so you stop wasting our precious oxygen. You think its cute to be weak - it's not, in the past you would be dead because of it. Killed by some rival, or even ally, who was sick of your pathetic self-pitying. You are no different to a whining woman. I am serious - actually do kill yourself.

>gloves
>meme sports like fascia training or trampoline jumping
>talking calls
>nearly everything because i am incompatible to people