Fucking shit issues

Has anyone here dealt with SIBO or IBS? If you have how bad was it and what did you do about it?

Never had it diagnosed but I'm 100$ positive I've got IBS
Decent amount of bloating and discomfort that comes and goes but nothing too big
If I eat chinese food or some other things my gut decides to party like it's 1986 and melt down harder than Chernobyl.

Have you lost weight? Or has it prevented you from gaining?

Had major IBD, among other things, got on levbid, or i think it's also called levsin. Dries you out pretty bad but works wonders

Yeah you can get tested to see the actual food intolerance that you have, most doctors will just say ibs ok bye, but you can get a halibactor? Breath test.
Then you can look into the fodmap diet and kick out foods you tested positive to.

Or you can go on the fodmap diet for 6 weeks which should clear up your insides and make them stop being inflamed and then test yourself by reintroducing foods to your diet and see how you react

Granted mine is due to a condition that affects other systems, and medication should be your last resort honestly

I'd do what says first. Get RAST test

Is that what you did? Did you have ibs? Lose weight? I can't gain weight and have fucking bubbles in my stool 24/7

I swear to god I think I have SIBO. Gas, diarreah, weight loss. But I took a breath test and was negative what the fuck

I recently got diagnozed with IBS

no matter what I eat or how much I eat, I bloat 24/7

feels fucking amazing all this hard work at gym and I will still look like Santa Claus at 8% bodyfat

fuck my life

But can you gain weight and keep it on?

If you're losing weight like the other guy is saying and can't keep it on, you risk having further issues(like i did) and need to get that checked out sooner than later

yeah I have gained weight and also lost it with no problems there

the only problems I have are bloating and the fact I only take shits once a week even with perfect diet

i also had severe stomach pain but I think all the fucking nerves are dead at this point

Had constant constipation for quite a while (shitting once a week for months).

Tried Linzess, Amitiza, and Surfak.

Eventually just started supplementing magnesium and now I am quite regular.

yes its what i did, the gp was a useless cunt and seemed to not want me to get tested and tried to convince me not to claiming it was 'really expensive' it was around $70 aud per test and then you have that information for life.
I was always underweight and could eat 2 family pizzas myself for one meal and when I told fit no one believed me, my body wouldn't digest it. I suffered chest pains, abdominal pains, lot of gas, and depression which all went away by eating rice broccoli and chicken for a couple months.
Now I can spice things up since I know how to avoid most foods that are bad for me.

About gaining weight.. I'm not lactose intolerant so I used milk powder, milk, whey, and chocolate sustagen which was about 1000 k cal and had 2 a day on top of regular meals.

Decided to cut down on dairy because I had eczema and thought that might be making it worse so I switched to oat milk and dropped milk powder, now the shake is around 700 kcal and I have one a day with meals to maintain my weight

Yeah I'm really gassy a lot

The gas has no odor 90% of the time. It's like my body makes gas for the sake of making gas.

It's pretty brutal when I bulk. Lots of pooping and gas.

What do you weigh

I think I used to have IBS. I used to get this unbearable pain in my stomach that were followed by some explosive diarrhea (though once I got constipated instead of diarrhea). It happened about once or twice a year, always around the same time period in winter. It all stopped after I changed my diet. Less meat and more veggies managed to stop it.

I have IBS.
Terrible gas cramps every time I eat thst are only relieved by massive shitting, and alternate between diarrhea and constipation every 1-2 weeks.

Learn what foods make it worse for you and avoid them. For me, it's greasy and spicy stuff. Gas-X helps if you take it with meals. It's gross and unpleasant, but an enema will give you instant relief.

Can you gain weight

You need fiber

Has anyone here experienced weight loss and managed to fix it???

Yeah

At the moment 63 started at 55, heaviest was 70
I should have more muscle but trained like an idiot and ignored the signs of overtraining
Now I'm focused on just getting stronger not bigger

you have no idea how much fiber I eat

shitloads of oatz + special fiber manufacture 3 times a day + a lot of water

still shitting only few times or one time in a week

seeDealt with pretty much the same thing. Went to many doctors to try to get it fixed.

Simple magnesium pills fix my issues.

I fucking wish I was constipated. I literally shit carbonated lava out my ass on a daily basis. Not great for gains

your insides must be really inflamed, when they are no matter what you eat, it won't digest properly

I have crohn's disease. does that count too?

Yeah. Have you dealt with it and still made gains or no

Ikr yet when I get tested it says I have no inflammation. Yet I can't gain weight and have constant yellow bubbly liquid shit daily and am constantly losing weight. It sucks cause when everything is going well I can gain muscle really easily. I went from 186 10%bf to 170 10%bf at 6ft. I have an appt with a GI in February but fuck thats so long. Im actually pretty depressed about it

I cut out dairy, and that really helped. But if you can find another solution, go for it. I miss dairy every day, man.