Why do so many people online hate Crossfit? Recovering fatty here, and crossfit was what got me into exercise

Why do so many people online hate Crossfit? Recovering fatty here, and crossfit was what got me into exercise.

Other urls found in this thread:

joshsgarage.typepad.com/Crossfit_White_Papers_--_Timeline.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It will also get you to snap city where you can get fat again.

>Isn't it lovely?

Because most of us are focused on either getting our lifts up or bodybuilding. Both of these require training and sane programming. Crossfit is fine exercise, but it isn't training. Also, they do really stupid shit that gets people hurt.

People don't like the culture associated with it. Crossfit is actually a good way to get in shape. The police use crossfit like workouts in their academy. Do what you like

Highly explosive workouts that can end up in injury and shortened joint lifespans.

most new CF people are more concerned with doing some trendy, white people cult shit than good form. but,, the elite ones are fucking ripped no doubt.

but, they would have been good at any program.

>actually a good way to get in shape.
[Citation needed]

here you go.

most of the people in those crossfit games are roided anyway

>Implying that's the result of crossfit.

doinf crossfit is a lot better than not excercising.

fuck the haters bro

It's not so much that crossfit itself is bad.

It's that the people who do it are insufferable dipshits

don't be madd cause you listen to black metal and oly lift, and still look DYEL. while these CF guys are getting jacked and slayng all the pussy.

Every CF box is different. Mine does a lot of strength training with a mix of metabolic conditioning.

So many people hate on it because the complex movements are difficult to master and you will look like a weakling as you're attempting to refine your technique. E.g. You may be able to bench 3pl8, but your snatch squat is like 135lbs...

>slaying all the pussy.
>doing crossfit

Makes one wonder...

White dude's thrusters are no rep due to assist not touching medicine ball.

Shameful, really...

>Using a trip in this day and age.

Really fag?

real talk. i tries to snatch squat at my gym the other day and i looked like an utter retard. with lol 1pl8 which i OHP easily.

People get hurt when they have shitty coaches who let them attempt movements out of their range.

Crossfit is something that requires assistance. You need someone watching your form and assessing your ability so you can modify workouts accordingly.

Because of this.

thread/

Midwestern CrossFit is god tier. Santa Cruz CrossFit is where the bad form for speed comes from.

i have been tripping on this site for like 10 years.

Manlet can't gymnast

>People get hurt when they have shitty coaches
You mean, crossfit coaches?

I'm not sure that's something to be proud of, honestly.

Crossfit is a solid balance of exercise and cardio, however to your average normalfag it is now the pinnacle of exercise, something involving weights and bodybuilding style exercises combined into one. It's like...faster yo trust me cmon!

Working out is about knowing ones limits and points of failure. About pushing past those points of failure, and doing it intelligently with purpose. Bodybuilding is a game for those willing to succeed but destined to fail long term imo. Weightlifting and long term health is a complex strategy of putting short term gains that could be lost but accomplished via incredible inner strength and dedication ahead of long term gains that could be kept via humble approaches that maximize ability and integrity.

I don't see anything like that in Crossfit, but I don't rag on it for being an appropriate however overpriced motivator for someone trying to maintain or lose weight, increase strength/cardio marginally in the long term, or live a more healthy lifestyle and be happy they did something on a regular basis.

Another retarded tripfag.

i can't say i am really proud of it, but i do nor regret my time here.

CrossFit is a corporation. That should be deterring enough.

> It's bad for the back
> Inefficient
> There's more effective ways to increase muscle and strengthen cardiovascular health
> Crossfitters act like it's a sport. The whole thing is ridiculous

>that pic
hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg makes me want to go back to the gym

i got a few reasons why crossfit is ass

You know what faggot, keep at it. Just do us a favor, record yourself in your WOD every day and post your trip to snap city in a fit humor thread so we can have fun too.

and to answer your question OP, its because crossfit does not focus on building a better you, or training a certain part of your body

everything is crossfit is "let me see how many times i can do this retarded exercise in x amount of time"

so form and technique are ignored and replaced with a person just trying to do x amount of a workout, without regards for how it really benefits their body

There are different types of pullups we do in CF. THAT is a butterfly pullup and is a technique that is difficult to master and actually only exists for the purpose of speed.

That being said, there are also kipping pullups that people do when they are also going for speed but haven't learned the butterfly yet.

Then there are your STRICT pullups, which are just are just as they sound, with a focus on full extension and a complete pull with the chin over the bar. These can also be done weighted.

The last is chest-to-bar, which can be performed like the kipping or butterfly pullup, but requires one's chest to touch the bar to count as a rep.

TL;DR of this;
LMAO FUCK FORM GOTTA GO FAST XDDD

Even if someone fit does crossfit, it doesn't mean they got ripped doing it, and even if they DID get built doing it, you could guaranteed have the same physique with more simple programming, and probably faster

>there are different types of pullups

WHY

FOR WHAT PURPOSE DO YOU NEED MORE THAN ONE PULL UP

ITS POINTLESS

I'm new, does weight lifts actually bounce like that?

Also would that even train anything?

>There are different types of pullups we do in CF. THAT is a butterfly pullup and is a technique that is difficult to master and actually only exists for the purpose of speed.

>That being said, there are also kipping pullups that people do when they are also going for speed but haven't learned the butterfly yet.

>Then there are your STRICT pullups, which are just are just as they sound, with a focus on full extension and a complete pull with the chin over the bar. These can also be done weighted.

>The last is chest-to-bar, which can be performed like the kipping or butterfly pullup, but requires one's chest to touch the bar to count as a rep.

This unfathomable amount of retardation should suffice to prove why crossfit is bullshit. Thanks user.

i lost it at the one with people playing dodgeball with medicine balls
like what the actual fuck

it wouldnt train anything, and ive never seen weights bounce like that, but hes using lighter bumper pl8s

it has no purpose other than "look at me i strung all this crazy shit together at one time" which is the entire point of this thread

welcome to crossfit

i lost it at the coffee speech bubble.

>there are different types of pullups we do in CF
>there are different types of pullups we do
>different types of pullups
>different
>types
why

>strong empowered womyn

Some fit into workouts better due to speed or modifications of difficulty.

I guess CF is too complicated for some people. Just stick to your 4 lifts you do over and over. I really don't give a fuck lol

I FUCKING LOVE CROSSFIT

i am still waiting on my explanation of why you need more than one type of pull up

>speed
you can do normal pullups fast btw
>modifications of difficulty
use a weight belt
>I FUCKING LOVE CROSSFIT
no.

5/10 for getting 2 responses out of me. not bad user

I really enjoy CF. I have fun with the people there and I've had significant, measurable progress on not only my cardio, but also all of my lifts. I trust my primary coach is better than most and the cost is even much less than most boxes around.

E.g. I couldn't bench 175 last year and I almost cleared 275 today. I'm up about 100lbs on all of my power lifts.

>due to speed
why are you speeding through your workout you colossal faggot

4 lifts? I stick to 3 here buddy, don't overcomplicate my life

It's called metabolic conditioning.

its not complicated, just dumb and inefficient

So what are the most basic CF movements everyone must do well?

Srs question.

Thrusters/burpees/row machine/pull ups/back, front and overhead squats/bench press/overhead press/deadlift/cleans/snatches/double unders/bent over rows

That's the stuff you're guaranteed to do every week at me box. There are dozens other exercises and modifications, though

They don't understand it and it's a 50/50 if you're going to get a good box. I have been doing it for 2 years and I squat, deadlift, OHP and bench more than I did when I was just focusing on lifting, plus I've also learnt to C&J, Snatch and have a really good fitness level from all the cardio and gymnastics stuff they work on.

In 2 years I hurt my back once from rushing a squat and it wasn't even a heavy weight and I found out I have really fucking tight hamstrings. Otherwise I've been fine.

Most guys who go to the gym don't see the irony in making fun of people who do CF when the vast majority of people not into any kind of gym culture make fun of those who spend their time doing bicep curls, bench, etc as well.

Guys who do CF and are good at it will look better than "bodybuilders" all year round and most likely will be stronger too.

Amazes me how people don't still know that there is more than just 1 kind of pullup. Then again this is coming from people who break down their workouts into chest, arms, legs, etc after all...

Thanks. I'm going to start a crossfit inspired class at my chain gym. I have always been a believer in high intensity programs.

Two things:

He's clearly doing it as a joke.
He's stronger than you'll ever be.

>implying

>So many people hate on it because the complex movements are difficult to master
we hate on it because you make retards do amrap oly lifts until they snap their spines and then go flail around till they get a slap tear and rhabdo, then brag about it

joshsgarage.typepad.com/Crossfit_White_Papers_--_Timeline.html

It's literally a meme fad workout plan.
No benefits over lifting and running like normal.

We hope you carry yourself responsibly. That is, get inspired in crossfit, but don't do crossfit. Do actual exercise that will help your clientele.

>Joke.
>Strong.
Pick none.

You mean doing cardio using weights.

That's like saying eating chocolate covered shit is good because other people eat chocolate. Crossfit at its absolute core is a good idea but the execution of it is just a fucking corporate meme that has no idea what the fuck it's doing and causes tons of people to get injured. But hey who cares as long as the idiots desperate to join the cult give them money.