What am I doing wrong?

Did real squats yesterday for the first time. 5x5 with 1pl8.

Everything seemed fine at the time. Had good depth, no real issues and not too difficult.

Today my knee feels a little fucked up. I assume it had to be the squats. What should I watch for in my form to make sure I don't do this again? What mistakes tend to fuck with the knees?

at least you didn't throw up mid squat like me

Not attacking you but you should probably bring this question to

We've all thrown up during a workout. It's a sign to tone it down a bit

Are you a woman? If not, then you're too weak. Doing heavy squats frequently build strong knees. If ur squats are weak / u dont even squats, then no wonder ur knees are shitty.

Try barefoot or flat soled shoes or proper lifting shoes. When I first started working out, I squatted in Cheap cross trainers with a squishy sole. As the weight got heavy, the shoes started to shift under my feet, causing instability that made my knees incredibly sore.

Once I switched to Chuck's knees started to feel better.

Squat relates question: i'm suffering from buttwink, does Anyone have a solution on how to fix it. Only do front squats?

Push your knees slightly outward when you're going up to prevent them from caving in.

Also , but that doesn't really matter until you get to 2 pl8+

Also make sure your knees don't go over the toe when you're at depth and that you aren't locking them out at the top.

Do mobility work. Shoulders, ankles, and hamstrings. Do glute bridges. The stretch that helped me the most is where you grab a 45 lb plate so it is parallel to the ground, then squat down and hold it between your feet. Your arms should be pushing your quads outward. Its a fantastic hip flexor and lower back mobility exercise

Your knees should track with your feet. You should be setting your hips back to keep the load on your muscle, rather than the joints, but knee squatters never hit depth like you claim you do.

I'm not ATG but definitely past parallel.

I think it might be this: I noticed on the second set that my left knee kinda turned inward on a couple reps. I focused on preventing that for the rest but maybe that's what did it. I'll have to pay more attention.

I haven't yet.
Now I'm afraid

your knees shouldn't move much at the bottom of the squat. Focus on freezing your knees about half way down and keeping the load moving with your hips.

use the hip drahve boy.

I almost threw up while doing calf raises

>muh knees over toes
>don't lock out brah!
Stop talking shit

Once I tried doing crunches with a belly full of oats

I throw up during every workout, it's how I know i'm going hard/pushing myself.

Thats pretty metal

Stretch you immobile piece of shit

Mobility and flexibility anons are right, but you should also check your bracing technique.