Is 1/2/3/4 your working set or 1RM?

Well?

135x5
225x3
260x4
340x3

Feels awful

1/2/3/4 as 1RM is literally impossible to achieve natty.

Anyone else who says otherwise is either
A) Juicing their ass of
or
B) Lying their ass off.

Don't fall for the memes, user

At least try harder mah nigguh

How long did it take you to hit 1234 1RM?

haha nice bait man haha xD

I almost bit this bait, I'm disappointed in myself

About 10 months if fucking around in the gym with a shit diet. Started at 180lbs bw a year ago and am at 190 now.

working sets only

people who use 1RM to brag are pussies, gotta earn those stats and be proud of them, 1/2/3/4 should be your first major goal when getting into lifting

Nice. Sounds pretty rapid. What were you benching when you first started? I only work out with dumbbells at home but last time I went to the gym I was at about 80kg 1RM.

working sets. 1/2/3/4 for 1RM i just too easy.

i've surpassed 1/2/3 but /4 is yet to happen for me. my deadlift has always been poo. i think its my long ass legs.

what qualifies as strong?

don't give me 2/3/4/5 for reps, 100kg OHP for reps is god tier. i think maybe 1.5/3/4/5

To claim 1/2/3/4 pl8s you need to do at least 5 reps.

Nice tits.

Currently at 8 months in

125 x 5
195 x 5
315 x 5
335 x 5

Just hit stride, will be there soon.

2/3/3/4 are my working sets for 5x5. I didn't developed my lower back/core enough to progress higher for dl and squats, so I'm fixing it.

I ve been lifting for 5 months (give or take a few days) and I am like 5-10kg short on squats and dl.

You're not that far off either, once you can bench 80x5, your 1rm is pretty close to 100kg.

Good luck, it's not a hard goal to achieve if you're persistent.

Started out benching 95 for 3x3. Tried 1 pl8 at first and embarrassed myself.

Is this shopped or do you actually look that comically out of proportion

Probably the 'fish eye' lense

>people who use 1RM to brag are pussies

I'll be sure to let all the world record holders know that they're pussies

this was originally for an opinion on my shoulder/bi work so I took it with my arm close to the cam. but we can pretend if it makes you happy.

I stopped trying to get 1/2/3/4 after 6 months of lifting. My ohp made it and can get 145x5 but been stuck for a while. 2plt bench is just too easy for me, ever since I got it in high school it's never gone away, got 2plt bench for 10 reps yesterday. Was super proud of my self when I got 295 x5 on squat two weeks ago. I tried 3plt last week and got it 1rep. Could prob get it 2-3 reps fresh. Best gym accomplishment yet. As for 4plt diddy, just don't see it happening. Any time I try over 3plt x5 my grip gives out, 1RM is 355 as of now.
Is it weird that now I've decided to replace ohp with incline bench and dead lift for power clean.

>Any time I try over 3plt x5 my grip gives
so change your grip or get straps
>Is it weird that now I've decided to replace ohp with incline bench and dead lift for power clean.
yes, weird as in stupid. it's good that you're doing cleans but it's dumb to view them as a substitute for deadlifts.

1rm

1/1.5/2/2.5 x bodyweight
is solid, maybe i messed up the numbers, but something around those lines

100x5
175x5
230x5
330x5

Everyone uses 1rm to guage strength, people use different rep ranges for working sets.

Honestly, the only people that perform a 5rm very frequently are beginners.

So comparing 5rm is dum.

1 OHP is below working set for me.
2 Bench is exactly working set atm
3 squat is above 1RM atm lol sorry
4 DL is way below working set atm.

My stats are fucked.

Yes except deadlifts

My 1RM

@160

135x5
225x1
325x4
500x1

feels what the fuck man

actually best OHP was 142.5x5

You clearly are not built like me. Your squat is lacking in relation to your bench and ded. That's the lift I make up for my weak bench with.

>I am t-rex

Id smash that girl to the right with no end, goddamn what a cutie

long limbs.
barrel chest.
Deadlift = ez
bench = okay
Squat = shit

>90x5
>150x5
>260x5
>300x5
I fucking hate ohp

You just don't get it. Your goal is more than you did last time, so it doesn't fucking matter. 1234 is an arbitrary number. 1st goal is 1234x1. 2nd goal is more than that. Repeat. Stfu with this bullshit already. This board is worthless enough as it is

1/2/3/4 is still weak imo. True Veeky Forumsizens aim for 2/3/4/5.

135 for 4
225 for 3
315 for 10+
405 for 10+

It took me around a year and a half of serious lifting doing SS. The last one being 405 deadlift for 5 that was killer. After i got that achievement i got lost in what to do.

I was around 162 when i hit those stats. My new goal is to get down too 148 and see if i can become a contender in powerlifting at that weight class.

What's a good routine to attain 1/2/3/4?

Get off your ass x5
Stay off Veeky Forums xF

1RM, if your question means what I think it means

been going a year and not that close
are you a bigguy4u to be reaching it in 10 months?
I'm doing a strength routine, consistant ect but admittedly not always hitting my calories, just wondering what gives

So to clarify, are you asking if people are talking about being able to do it for a 1rm, or if they're talking about doing it for their working sets. The flaw with the latter is you could be doing doubles for the working sets and not be lying if you claim that

Started at 180 and I enjoyed sports and physical activity so I guess technically I didn't start completely fresh. But I make sure to hit my protein every day but I never kept count of anything else. And creatine was great too. I started SL 5x5 for a few weeks and then dropped it then started just doing whatever I felt like doing the gym which still consisted of the big three along with a bunch of accessories. After about 4 months a kind of evolve into a upper and lower body split. And eventually into a chest/tricep, back/bicep, and leg and shoulder day. I'm a year-and-a-half into lifting and just got done with a eight week volume workout. I'm transitioning into a 16 week strength routine now.

I can tell you're manlet from only that info

If you can do 1/2/3/4 for proper work sets, you can do 2/3/4/5 for 1RMs.

ITT: e-stating

Is this pic from lake tahoe?

nice mang

>what qualifies as strong?
do you mean normie strong or actually strong?
1/2/3/4 is normie strong, but if you mean actual strong, see pic

Pretty much my goals

Guys, tired of thinking, sometimes I don't know the answer, sometimes it's far too obvious. I'm new to the term 1/2/3/4, what the hell does it mean?

115x5
185x5
255x5
295x5

Feels bad but I've only been lifting for 3 months

160 x 5
225 x 5
345 x 5
390 x 5 here

1RM: 230/305/470/545
Bench is my max incline bench btw

>lift for 1.5 years
>missed about 10 work outs during that entire time
>always following a proven program and never fuck around at the gym
>eat healthy, have a regimented diet
>brother found out he had low dhea and low test levels
>I probably do too
>haven't reached 1/2/3/4
why even bother? I'll always be pathetically weak.

>USE YOUR FUCKING LEGS MAN

Take life into your own hands and roid my dude

1/2/3/4 is my warmup

try harder, pussy

high reps on all. easy weight. almost 4 yrs lifting.

Nice bait

Im at 1, 2.5, 3.75, 6
1rm how fucked am i really, 260kg dl and 60 kg Ohp, i fucking hate Ohp

id be lucky if right now I could hit 1/2/2.5/3. Last year it was no problem..... take care of your knees anons

Man, like, if there are people who are going for it as 1RM, good for them, but guys, aim higher.
5x5 for most of those is decent (1 plate OHP seems light, 2 plate bench seems a bit heavy, 3 plate squat and 4 plate dead at 5x5 are decent tho, not impressive, but not weak).

Last time I did crazy stupid volume training for a fuckaround with my friend my stats were as follows:
5'9", 189 pounds
1 plate OHP for 28 (lol)
2 plate bench for 16
3 plate squat for 16
4 plate dead for 13
(all followed by stripping the weight and going to failure again, and again, with bench first, then squat, then OHP, then dead)

My stats atm: in (lbs)
185 x 5
315 1rm
355 1rm

at least I have one of the three

I could do it my first week of lifting dyel cunt

If you lift with a belt your numbers don't count

if you can't do 1234 for 10 reps then try harder

and yes im natty

what is the female equivalent of 1/2/3/4?

It's for at least 20 reps, completed comfortably and without any form breakdown. It must be high bar squats and conventional deadlifts. The squats and bench must be paused for 3 seconds at the bottom. The deadlift must be DOH and without chalk. And of course, NO FUCKING BELT. Anything other than this is a pathetic attempt to inflate your numbers. If you do these things, you should stop and learn how to actually lift the bar yourself instead of relying on bullshit belts and magic tricks to decrease the ROM.

0.5/1/3/3.5

0/0/1/2?

> Implying his hamstrings and glutes aren't what are moving the weight here.

Working Sets:

[spoiler]lifted for the first time this week[/spoiler]
[spoiler]do spoilers work on Veeky Forums?[/spoiler]

wow your form is pretty shit

lmaonoplate

What's wrong with my form lil guy?

took me roughly two years starting from 135
i'm 170 now.

I have never seen a female at my gym bench 1pl8.

is it bad to keep my back arched like so?
i feel like the reason my deadlift is so far behind compared to all my other lifts is because of my form.

Currently at
OHP 8 x 3 @ 70kg
Dead Bench 8 x 3 @ 90kg
Pause FS 8x3 @ 80 kg (fucked my shit up and now slowly getting back to 95kg)
DL 8 x 3 @ 150kg

Bw 74kg
3.5 years of lifting.
5RM:
59kg
77kg
132kg
145kg
Demoralising as fuck!