Is flexibility genetic?

Is flexibility genetic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oBu-pQG6sTY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

doesn't matter you can train it anyway

Yes, tendon length is genetic. When you train for flexibility all you are doing is making your body give less of a shit about the pain associated with stretching, you're not doing anything structural.

>hurr durr you can't appreciably change muscle length

9/10 redhead at my last job had a collagen disorder that made all her joints hyper-flexible
She used to touch her toes and do splits on the wall in front of me because it gave her some kind of relief
Never got to put it to use though she turned out to be a reddit sjw psycho

I'll give you a year to train to try to lengthen your bicep head and see what happens. Post results when done.

So I am less flexible right now than I was years ago because what? I'm now more sensible to pain or wtf are you talking about?

IMO Your body has an ultimate point of flexibility. To what degree that is is dictated by your tendon length ie genetics. You can stretch often to reach that point and make you body more accustomed to bending it ways it usually does not.

>want to suck self
>not flexible enough
>read about yoga positions which I think may help
>do 4 of them 3-4 times a week
>can now get an inch into my mouth
The sense of accomplishment feels better than sucking your own dick.

Yes, muscle strength is genetic. When you train for strength all you are doing is making your body give less of a shit about the pain associated with lifting, you're not doing anything structural.

This guy has read some stuff but i think he understood it a bit wrong. Inside your muscles you have a "spindle" which makes your muscle contract when it gets extended to a certain length that your body deems potentially dangerous. While you can lengthen your tendons slightly, the real flexibility gains will be made by your muscle spindle becoming comfortable at larger extended lengths

Yes, but like anything body/fitness related the more you work at it the better you'll be. Its also an ongoing thing to that you need to keep at.

I have too much collagen in my body which means I have harder and brittle joints and skin; and still I trained for about 2 weeks and I managed to suck my dick. And I realised it was shit because it felt more like sucking a dick than getting it sucked.
If anyone wants to try just "stand" on the back on your head on the bed with your ass against the wall and use your legs' weight to help pull your hips down. Do it every night and in some days you'll do it with no problem.

>I have too much collagen in my body which means I have harder and brittle joints and skin; and still I trained for about 2 weeks and I managed to suck my dick

this is one of my favorite things I've read

gratz dude proud of you

Gj dude

To a degree probably. My mum's probably a bit above average (can toes her toes no worries etc). I'm super flexible though. I reckon it's due to growth speed. I used to wake up screaming from growing pains so my theory is that stretched my shit out

Anyone want to share a good stretching routine for begginers, something like "starting stretching". Take a qt in exchange

starting stretching is not bad

imo going to a yoga class really helps. if you don't have a friend to go with and you're insecure about going by yourself you can always look up some videos on the net so you can just basically do it at home

youtube.com/watch?v=oBu-pQG6sTY

like this or some shit

lets say that your maximum flexibility in that exercise is 30. Without training you'll do -5. With training 30. Another one would do 20 without training and 60 training it. Simple.

>tfw can't suck own dick anymore

that's like asking if aesthetics are genetic, it only matters to the top 1% of bodybuilders, everyone can get jacked and everyone can be flexible unless you have some condition.

i couldnt even touch my shins. now i can do op pic related.

>The sense of accomplishment feels better than sucking your own dick.

Pls elaborate how you did it. I want to be able to do OP pic so bad, but it feels like my hamstrings and lower back will rip apart if I attempt something even remotely close to it.