What's a good Veeky Forums ALPHA dog?

Gonna go get this little pupper tomorrow
No more planet fitness treadmill cardio, now I get to run around with the pupper and have all them uni sloots mirin' muh pup while I continue with my recomp

What do you think is the ultimate aesthetic alpha dog /fit?

Adopt a pit bull you gigantic GoT nerd pussy

is GoT game of thrones?

Huskys require constant activity and attention or they'll tear your house apart out of boredom. They're also hard as fuck to train without putting in 6 hours of training per day. Have fun.

Something along the lines of a Labrador or border collie.
Or Tibetan Mastiff if you feel like setting some money alight

Sweet nigger dog, bruh

get a border collie they r the smartest of dogs and are extremely easy to train because of how intelligent they are. also they never go completely ape shit u dont even need a leash when u go walkies they will stay next to you

I got a Norwich Terrier.

He's a fat little ball of joy.

>He doesn't have a VERY fast doggo running at incredible hihg speed
>He is a leglet
LMAO@YOURLIFE

Any dog is an alpha dog if you train it right. The question is what do you plan to do? Because 99% of shelter dogs end up in shelters because dipshits like you go buy an "alpha" dog and 1 year later you end up with a 100 pound, untrained, mess of an animal that bites you and destroys your property, so you end up giving it away.
Where do you live?
How much time can you commit to activity and training?
Answering these two questions determines whether you and your dog are "alpha"

Yep I wouldn't do it again but its doable, though we usually have at least one person at home. Mine is 12 now and has got me into BIG trouble before. Your house has to be secure as they will run away and far. Love him so much though

>If you are going to train it don't do it in a group session.
>Fussy eaters
>More inclined to bury food rather than eat it
>Incessant fluff everywhere even when you brush him
>You have to treat Huskies as an equal and fairly rather than strictly if that makes sense
>they don't bark

What you naming the pupper?

Argentine dogo

The breeder already named him Falcon.
I like it so i'm gonna keep it.

Unfortunately he's gonna be an outside dog as much as i'd love him inside (although i'll definitely take him inside a lot)
I'll definitely be spending a good amount of time training him until spring semester starts up, and then will have a little less time, but can still manage. Then summer i'll have all day and night. Me+ parents already have one dog so good thing is he will always have a playmate

I like poodle mixes. They're not very "masculine" but they are smart, calm and affectionate.

small dog faggot get out REEEEEEEEEE

keeps actual niggers away, nigger.

greyhounds. train then sleep. all day.

rescues are mostly athletes themselves.

literally no debate about this

it's the canary mastiff

Damn I came here to post pretty much this. Adopt a shelter dog and raise him to be a good boy who's alpha as fuck. You can have some pure bred retard if you don't take him to dog beaches, strolls downtown, teach him obedience and feed him right. Depending on where you live, flea/heartworm medicine, tick medicine.. etc. I have 6 doggos and I walk with them on my property leashless, when they look over at me before they run off onto the woods, I know they are my little dudes and I'm their captain.

Just get a big dog.

>Not getting a corgi and pulling many bitches

basically the lowest test dog
small dogs are for cucks

Basenji mutt

>"you're gonna re-rack those weights, right brah?"
>"y-yeah"
>"that's what i thought, fagboy"
*proceeds to sniff your bitch's ass*

Idk man corgis are pretty cool

GSD hands down, not the degenerate sloped back.

If you're getting a husky based solely on appearances and live in a suburb youre making a bad decision.

Literally any choice other than Rottweiler is false.

standard poodle

>Idk man corgis are pretty cool

>Not getting a golden or labrador retriever

It's like you don't want a simple yet aesthetic subordinate who gives you endless love.

>implying women prefer gigantic dogs that scare them, and not the dogs of royalty

mirin'

>caring what women think about your dog

>not getting THE Diamond Dog

What? Poodles come in all sizes. The best is a labradoodle or goldendoodle.

I've heard poodle mixes are dumb as rocks. Why not get the real thing like:

Please read this and take care of your dog OP. Regardless of what dog you get.

Getting a dog based solely on appearance is a terrible idea, but black German Shepherds look incredible.

"In the book The Intelligence of Dogs, author Stanley Coren ranked the breed third for intelligence, behind Border Collies and Poodles"

I had no idea poodles are supposed to be intelligent. I just disliked them based off of their looks. I think some breeds are just ruined by their owners.

> (OP)
>I would feed your stupid dog poison if it lived near me, I did it to my neighbors pitbull and then he got another one the next week.
>If you were a true alpha you would get a cat instead of a stupid loud douchbag dog

>some breeds are just ruined by their owners
Pit bulls, for example.

This guy's got it. Lion hunting alpha dogs.

/thread

Made the mistake of getting a rescue, four times. Shetland Sheepdog (too old now), GSD mix (Total bro but too old now), Alaskan malamute mix (cunt, will not run on a leash), Chow mix (my favorite, total bro even runs with me but will attempt to attack anyone within a 500 foot radius of us). I have a lot of experience with dogs, trying to work through their issues but I know Chows will be Chows. My next dog is going to be a GSD from a breeder.

>I have to use poison, a woman's weapon, because if I tried to kill the dog like a man he would fuck my ass up
Meanwhile even the lardasses in this thread could snap your cat's neck and have general tsao's prepared by supper time.

Just got a blue heeler, myself. Name is Dingo.

G O A T
O
A
T

newfoundland

I have an husky and can pretty much agree with the first part: if you leave them alone too much they rip apart everything. On the training part I have to disagree, I think the dog see me as his alpha or something because listens to me. Ignores rest of the family tho

OP you seem to already have everything planned, but for any other anons here, either get a hunting/agricultural dog that is bred for utility not aesthetics or a mutt. Hell, if at all possible, avoid a purebred altogether. I love purebred dogs, but a lot tend to have health problems down the line. Look up the King Charles spaniel and syringongelia. A lot of purebreds are just inbred dogs built for human aesthetics that have no utility to them and often end up being handicaps. Adopt a cute lil' mutt pupper and save yourself the medical expenses and heartbreak.

>Argentinians want to be white so badly they eugenics their dogs into being albinos

If your dog isn't a work/guard/police dog, and it doesn't listen to or respect any human but you, then you've done a shit job training it.

GS. Cute enough for chicks to dig them, big enough so that no one will fuck with it.

I'm not sure a husky is the best running dog unless a person lives in a cold weather state. I owned a Husky/Akita mix with pure demon like ice white eyes. I could not even walk him in summer until the sun went down.

Too much fur and just way, way too hot in California.

I think people should get dogs based off the breed's over all temperament and if it's a good fit for your life style. Too many people get a certain breed just based off looks. That's not always a good fit.

I also suggest getting a pound/spca rescue dog. Even if you have to keep checking the local shelter once a week for a few months until you find a dog you really like.

putin knows that angela is scared of dogs after a dog attack in her youth, and let his massive black dog roam around during negotiations

This. Or whippets if you don't have space for greyhounds.

Huskies are the most aesthetic of dog breeds. High maintenance though.

Yeah I have one, he looks great. But he only listens when he wants. A husky is basically a cat in a dog body. stubborn af.

if you are an alpha you already know

if not, it doesn't matter

>tfw A E S T H E T I C D O G G Y

>not getting a Caucasian Mountain Dog

>noone posted Navy SEAL doggo

Belgian Malinois or nothing

Oh, fucks sake.

Get the dog that suits your lifestyle, not the one you think looks cool. An over or under exercised dog is miserable and will make your life miserable.

You wanna go running/hiking for miles at a time? Get a heeler, collie, or poodle. They're all high endurance and if hiking, can carry their own supplies and some of yours.

You just want to lift and maybe walk the dog for 30 minutes a day? Greyhound or low energy small breeds.

You want your dog to be a lifter too? Look into weight pulling and get a Bouvier des Flanders, Mastiff, or Malinois.

>tfw kind of want a dog but live in a small apartment

if you live up north, get pic related. best doggos

pros: gorgeous
cons: they dont live super long and shed like crazy

the most alpha dog of them all
the turkish kengal

I adopted a chocolate lab and shes been a great dog
>sloots get wet over adopted dogs
>very active but not a nuisance
>loves to play but is down to lay around as well
All around goat dog imo

I have a wolfhound that looks like this. He's really chill and loves being around me and my other dog

>wolfhounds
aka sadness the dog, enjoy being attached and then your dog dying a early death

He's only a year old now mate. My last one actually made it to 14 before being hit by a car.

Plus he's pretty happy to play with his bro

>not getting a dachshund
>not owning one of the smartest and bravest breeds
>not dippin yer sausage constantly becuz of yer sausage-shaped dogger

c'mon.

nigga get a jackrussel terrier
>athletic as fuck
>fun
>small but can intimidate and scare bigger dogs

Smart dogs like poodles and collies need mental stimulation. They need work. Shitty owners that want a poodle for a lap dog end up with anxious dogs that are bored and nip ankles and tear shit up.

I've got a border collie mix. Dude is gorgeous. Smart af, does hand stands with me, knows tricks I didn't even try hard to teach, and has to run at least every other day so best motivation. He's great for hunting. When he catches something's scent he gets my attention then gets low and prowls after slow like a damn cat to help me corner it without scaring. Or I can shoot a duck and he'll bring it back without tearing. Dogs best damn dog I've ever seen.

Yes.

I've got a BC and you need to run them/work them. That being said I've raised mine in an apartment and with the right care he is the best dog I could have ever asked for. He also doesn't like (male) strangers and puts up the tough guy act until a girl talks to him, then he turns into a cuddle machine.
I haven't needed a leash for mine since he was ~3-4 months old, going on 6 years now.
Perfect dog for the non-novice dog owner.

>the current year
>not getting a mixed breed

Getting purebred is borderline animal abuse at this point with all of the issues inbreeding has caused.

This is a Bernese Mountain Dog btw. Very very sweet and loyal dogs with a bark straight from satan.

kek

Border collie mix master race reporting in. Everything you said plus she even taught herself a trick by watching another dog do it. I take her duck hunting just to have her do a better job than my pals Pointer. Plus she's the best wing man I've ever had. Never gonna own another breed in my life.

Hey! That's rude, refugees are halfway people too!

>I need to overcompenate for my low self esteem so I have a big scary dog the thread

I know this is not /an/ but can't this be solved with some sort of eugenics or something? I feel bad for the poor pups.

>not going innawoods to tame your own wolf
>settling for the crossfit of dogs

Just letting the dog's breed with other non-pure dogs would help.

But then it wouldn't be muhpurebreed so fuckers don't do it.

Mine's too smart so it gets bored and wrecks my shit

reading the comments about huskies is really bumming me out. I've always wanted one since they are fucking beautiful dogs.
are they really that much work to own? it seems like they are good for a bachelor but not all that great for family life

There isn't an easy solution unfortunately.

Not all purebreds have inbreeding depression, but they likely will eventually.

My buddy has two mixed breeds and I have never been around more vigorous puppers before.

And like this guy said MUHPUREBREEDS

Bulldogs and pugs are classic examples of inbreeding depression run amuck.

Huskies were bred to be in a working group of other dogs.

You need to make sure you are prepared to spend nearly all day with a huskie. They require your attention at all times and need to be physically and socially stimulated. Their high energy and playfulness is not suited to being left at home for long periods of time or you're asking to have your belongings and furniture chewed up.

Having said that, if you are able to provide that attention then by all means think about getting a huskie mix. They are a rewarding dog that will be loyal if trained properly.

God lift the Queen, m8

are labs alpha, beta or delta?

Fuck yeah. Hands down the most aesthetic ALPHA dogs on earth

>Literally bred to hunt lions

t. mad nigger from other southamerican country

Garbage dogs for insecure niggers.

Get a beautiful white husky.

You know standard poodles are hunting dogs, right?

What about Shiba Inus?

Literally memebreeds along with corgis, chihuahuas and pugs.

In all honest Labradors, Retrievers or small Terriers will be the best breed for most people. Others can require a lot of work.

In my experience I get more female attention walking huskys and german shepards. I walk dogs.

biggest issue is shedding, but no good dogs don't shed, it's killing me.

Anything else is a mistake

Holy shit this. My sister has this huskie/pomeranian mix and he is a goddamned hellion because she won't smack him when he's bad or walk him often. He doesn't take her seriously whatsoever and when he goes into one of his hyperactive episodes he will never listen to her. If I'm around I'll come in and get all stern, and he'll straighten up for a little bit, then shortly after I go he's back to being a little fuck.

Cute little bastard though. I hope for her sake he mellows out a bit after he gets older.