How do I cut and maintain OHP gains?

It seems impossible.

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/a-bit-of-everything/
strengtheory.com/losing-weight-and-getting-stronger/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jeff, stop posting theze zeez meems.

Are you on gear? That answer is the answer to your question

So strength loss is inevitable when cutting?

Unless you're still benefitting from noobie gains or are roiding, yes its inevitable you can only minimise the loss

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about

If you're cutting properly you should lose zero strength.

you don't know what you're talking about, actually

if your lifts are actually somewhat decent it's almost impossible to maintain strength if the cutting period is long enough

maintaining a 500+ deadlift and a 400+ squat while dieting is an entirely different game

>Cutting weight now.
>Down from 168lbs to 163lbs
>OHP went from
>145lbs for 4*2
To
>155lbs for 7*2

People either don't know how to program properly or aren't willing to do what it takes

>How do I cut and maintain OHP gains?

Don't cut too much and always lift near or at your max.

do a small deficit (150~200cal) and add some hiit cardio so you'll cut and keep most of your protein and carb intake

How should you be programming

I train both (high weight, low reps, high sets) and (lower weight, high reps, High sets) every workout.

I train 2-3 times a week.

Goals first workout.
>Hit 95% of your (1rm-5 lbs) 10+ times 5*2 pattern
>Hit 75% of your (1rm-5lbs) 40+times 4*10 pattern

Next workout crank the weight of the first set down, but up the reps (preferably double) and get as many sets as you can.
Keep second group set the same.

Have a rep calculator that you consistently use. Use this to try and turn your adjusted rep Maxes up every workout.

1rm becomes 2rm.
2rm becomes 3rm.
3rm becomes 4rm. Etc etc.

At the beginning of it worked out depending on how I feel I will see if I can bump one of my adjusted rep max is up by a rep and complete it for a few sets.

If yes, then this becomes the new weight which I base my workouts around.

Burning out with push press is also encouraged.

**At the beginning of each workout, depending on how I feel, I will see if I can bump my adjusted 1rm's**

>Next workout crank the weight of the first set down, but up the reps (preferably double) and get as many sets as you can.
>Keep second group set the same.

So next week you would do 1x4 (less weight) and then 4x2 last weeks weight?

Once again you're wrong. If you went on a diet and lost strength it's because you were lazy. Get educated friendo. strengtheory.com/a-bit-of-everything/ Greg Nuckols losing 20 pounds and still hitting PR's. But I guess you're stronger than him?

I don't mean always double, but instead I mean drop to your old 3rm and hit it for 4 reps (doubling the reps compared to last workouts doubles).

I'm not good at explaining shit, but here is the most simple form of the premise.

Each workout try to do one of the following
>Calculated 1rm>2rm
>Calculated 2rm>3rm
All the way down.

If you can't complete more than 5 sets of the first, then rest and jump down 2 reps and do 5 sets at that adjusted range.

Finnish with 4 sets of your adjusted 10rm.

You'll end up with something similar to the Hepburn method, but if you plateau you'll add more reps and slightly drop weight.

>Always do extra sets if you have more in the tank.

It's not super exact, but it should carry you through an intermediate phase of lifting.

My chin up stats are world class, but I'm not sure if my methodologies hold up the same as OHP.

Can someone tldr me on refeed days

You can cut and maintain gains. You can't improve them unless you're getting noob gains, but you can maintain.

Eat at a surplus for stabilize your metabolism.
ie tell your body you aren't lacking food.

And no, it doesn't mean eat an entire cake to yourself. It doesn't even mean go and get fast food. You just eat more of the same.

your explanation is kind of retarded but i get it. imo progression is WAY more fundamental than a set routine. people always post their stupid workouts in routine thread but never post a progression plan. for example my current progression plan is to work on dl speed (working @70%) and increase the weight 10 pounds a month for a year. handstand pushups i do sets of 5 until i cant, then once i reach 10 sets i increase rom. bench i do sets of 3 touch and go, then the next workout i try to do the same weight paused, then increase if i successfully get all the pauses. the only lift i dont really have progresison for rn is squatting but thats because its my best lift and im not focusing on it right now.

Yeah, you have to develop a progression plan after beginner or intermediate phase.

For OHP it's about pushing rep maxes.

On one arm chinning I reduce rest time between sets or reps.

Yeah, I don't have a set routine for the most part. I have minimum goals that are my structure, but you have to be adaptive after you make it so far.

Greg Nuckols was also cutting from like 35% bodyfat, most of us are not doing that. He's also an absolute genetic freak.

I like Greg a whole lot, I used his "Losing weight and getting stronger" article to set up my training during my last cut, but in the end I still couldn't avoid losing a little strength.

strengtheory.com/losing-weight-and-getting-stronger/

I'd love to hear about all the gains you made while on a calorie deficit. Bodyweight and lift numbers before and after, cut duration, deficit size, etc. In my experience in my own lifting and looking at other people lift, I have never seen someone who cut for longer than ~3 months withgood lifts maintain them to the pound successfully.