/plg/ /Powerlifting General/

Powerlifting General

>Cutest princess edition

Sheiko spreadsheets:

Beginner (/plg/ online exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ online exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/34limJTH3m/?taken-by=norsefat
youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder: trappy is a man with shittier lifts than 98% of women.

Reminder:
You all call yourself powerlifters but alot of you:
>Squat with wraps
>Do a squat-morning every time
>Deadlift with straps
>Deadlift sumo
>Bench with a huge back arc
>Bounce your bench
>Bench with wrist straps
If you do any of that shit you're a faggot pussy who crossfitters and bodybuilders could out perfrom.
This is a sport for real men, if your body wasnt built for it you dont have any right to pussify it with you vagisil knee wraps.

Reminder: Lith is the new king of /plg/

i dont know what to say boardie

and Tbh i know you dropped weight and all but you dont fill a dress out like phil lad

I wanna fuck goddamnit my penis is very hard

I mean, BTN press and LTEs are pretty great.
But you need something for the chest!
Gotta do big chest volume to get big bench CMON

Boardie confirmed twink

The only rule of powerlifting is how much can you lift and if the answer is a lot then youre officially a powerlifter

>The only rule of powerlifting is how much can you lift
confirmed hasnt read rule book

does Veeky Forums automatically mute webms or do i have to do it myself?

So is trappy man or a tranny or livia or what???? Why won't
>she
Address this? Just make one post clearing it up, screen cap it and refer people to that post instead of derailing the entirety of Veeky Forums

It does so automatically.

he is a man who wears women's clothes

She doesn't want to clear that up for weird reasons... but yes she's livia

I'm gonna ask this again because I got a shitty answer the last time, why do some sheiko programs have deadlifts to knees and deadlifts from boxes on the same day?

cool. any tool to reduce my webm size? it's 10mb and it doesn't allow me to post it

preferably online

Stupid lol just do a full deadlift

Explain further. And explain haino.

Sheiko likes working with partials a lot because it lets him look at technique details and improve specific aspects of the lift.
It also allows the lifter to focus on getting stronger in a specific weakpoint.

I also think, but this is my own conjecture, that the lifter is able to pull more volume if the deadlift is separated in two like that, instead of doing two full deadlift sessions. Though it does have the downside of the volume being divided in two halves.

TL;DR: It's just how Sheiko does things. You can customise it if you don't like it.

Don't you think you could avoid 95% of the drama by keeping the trip, posting the same helpful advice, but not posting boys in skirts with erections covered in white liquids? just post klokov or isley or some fat powerlifter.

I wore a dress, now where the fuck is my beta orbit crew??

What is that in her pants?
Huh

?

I came in here thinking powerlifting was hardcore but here i just see a tranny weeb anime faggot.
Lmfao, nice.

He likes the attention and is too much of an asshole to change

Plg, I've somehow developed a small bounce at the bottom of my bench. When I try to pause, there's a slight rebound off the chest.
How do I stop this? Should I just descend more slowly?

>I didn't know powerlifting was a sport for autists

spoto press?

Just orbited you in discord

So today I DL and some guy came up to me and told me that I am pulling too fast off the floor. He said Sumo was supposed to be slow off the floor and fast on the lockout. This is the first time I ever heard something like that, is it wrong to be fast off the floor or did this guy just not know what he was talking about ?

Because I like posting both things. And they're just harmless and cute pics, no reason to not post. Everyone posts random stuff they like and that aren't directly related to the posts.

I mean, if it bothers you, don't click the image? You can't see their bulge if you don't open the full one.
I don't cry when people start posting women in sexy clothing or vulva bulges or boobies shaking. I just don't click the images, let them have fun.

S P O T O
P
O
T
O

>You're warping the system because see before you where a piece of garbage but now that you got good at lifting you twisted things around in your head where the one thing that defines someone is how much they can lift so now you aren't a piece of shit anymore in your mind.

i think its expected with sumo
although if you are already fast off the floor i wouldnt think you should have to slow down unless you are sacrificing form to get it moving

patience is a cue people use

I'll investigate after I brew coffee and crush this bowl

That whole post is priceless

It's nonsense.

Just smile and say yeah and pretend you're listening.

And don't start slowing your pull, you (almost) always want to pull or press as fast as you can.

I want to see some vulva bulges now.

Is it worth it to go suicide grip if i'm stalling on my ohp/bench?

too much truth ;_;

Powerlifting is being bald, powerlifting is having a goatee, powerlifting is listening to metallica, powerlifting is a burst blood vessel in your eye, powerlifting is grinding out the extra rep that you didnt know you had in you because a man is screaming lock it, powerlifting is looking big when youre wearing a shirt, powerlifting is eating mcdonalds every day, powerlifting is never doing cardio

And btw, Sumo is usually fast off the floor and slow on lockout.

J A P G R I P
A
P
G
R
I
P

Pic related

But your objective is to try and be fast in both, to be clear.

"Let me post sexualized crossdressing children and not get banned lol just do what you like right"

FTFY

Sumo is typically slow off the floor and fast to lockout. That's why block pulls are so easy in sumo vs conventional.

Only time my dl is fast off the floor and failed at lockout is when I let my back flex and I rob Peter to pay Paul, so then my back is too flexed to lock out.

Otherwise, in a deadlift with a straight back, it's hard off the floor

You can see exactly that in this post
Literally the last thing to come through is his belt

Also webm related is an example of a bad pull, rounded back, and next a an example of a relatively good one

>snip
keked

how much stronger was you sumo than your conventional?

You should probably be able to find some on and or something

Why is someone who can't even squat 2.5x body weight in meme feds giving fitness advice? USPA LOL

>we posting deadlifts now

i have such a fucked up wide stance lmao

its itneresting to see the shift in center of mass

My conventional is still pretty okay. I can do . Thing is, sumo is more predictable than conventional

>that face at the top
Fuckin CUTE

You could literally just turn that into narrow sumo

how to not get mired by cuties

Dividing it into lesser parts make it easier to learn the full lift. Also more amount of lifts but less fatigue overall.

Shhh board shorts gets mired by teenage girls

But apparently its not.
Its being a transsexual who likes sucking dick and getting his butt railed out while pretending to be a japanese girl

Save this and keep it handy for when the Aaron's approach you.

boa is light. LIGHT

Oh boy I thought it was benching, squatting and deadlifting heavier weights

Trappy pls write me a 3 fullbody powerbuilding thats not Sheiko and has an equal OHP-Bench Ratio

>tfw no jp deadlift

>I'm too much of a vapid moron to build my own program off of other templates like TM so I go groveling for help!

Rumor has it that esmerelda fucks black guys?

Nice hip thrusting at the top, and strong back but specially strong tongue :P

Dat Clean stance doe

>That's a death roach. No.

WTF???????????????

>narrow sumo
No way m80

funny thing is though, my legs actually don't go a whole lot wider than that if you remember.

instagram.com/p/34limJTH3m/?taken-by=norsefat

weed is childs play

herione and bathtub meth are where its at

Yes. While Isley sits in the corner and watches.

form check pls? sorry for the lag, converting it with vlc fucked it up for some reason

Keep your shoulders back.
Make sure your ass doesn't hop up before everything else.
Don't be too obsessed with the chest pop on lockout.

So since we are on the topic of DL, is there less back involvement in the Sumo than the Conventional ? To me it seems with the steeper angle I feel it less. Also how much are you supposed to feel your back on the DL ? I abandoned so many Conventional lifts because I started to feel my back (even if it was the upper back).

That is honestly the main reason I switched to Sumo because I dont feel my upperback on the Sumodeadlift pretty much at all.

are my shoulders too forward? its weird because in every video i've seen they say shoulders right above bar yet when i read powerliftingtowin.com the guy said shoulders should be a bit forward.
also what can i do about the ass? should I bend my legs more on the negatives?

Are these supposed to be RDLs? Also please eat some food

Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE

And make sure to bring the bar to you before pulling.

n-no, they're supposed to be conventional. also i'm 70kg 178, i'm more focused on maintaining weight and increasing lifts then later on I will bulk+hypertrophy. not even memeing

That webm makes my bicep tendon hurt

I think the flexion happens because of the speed of the bar.

What direction should i rec my dls on today

Same camera angle/position is fine.

>i'm more focused on maintaining weight
why
im around 72kg at 168
you shouldnt restrict yourself to be the same weight as me

I meant same as his kek

That one is better for form checking but it's not the best for viewer experience. Angles like these and vid related are the best for viewers.

So maybe one set from the side and the rest like these webms.

why tho. it's not like the weight is stalling, it's just that I have only been lifting for like a month. I even used to be a skinnyfat bastard at 80kg lmao

if youve only started, your main focus should be gaining muscle, especially since this is the easiest time you are going to put it on anyway
im not saying go on a mad bulk
you just shouldnt be worrying about maintaining

is that a good pull ? seems like his back was rounding

It's a successful pull that would be 3 white lights if not for the straps.

His back rounds a little bit, but that's 317kg (PR back then). During regular training he always uses lighter weights and his back is always straight. And he only tests new PRs every 3 or so months.

So it's about context.

Here's his 310kg pull to win 1st place @ nationals.

I didnt want to critisize him, just asked because it also happens to me if I pull heavy. all these fitness "experts" and people in the gym have made me so scared of rounding my back that I think I abandoned a bunch of lifts I didnt have to because of it.

recently I just stopped giving a fuck about slight rounding, I guess that is the better way. I never have pain or anything in my lowerback or my back in general so I guess it's fine. I only abandon lifts if I feel pressure building up in my lowerback now otherwise I just dont give a fuck about slight back rounding.

Low test is the best.

There are "good reasons" for doing it but if I see two memelifts on one day, one of them is getting dropped for regular pulls from the floor with an appropriate weight.

I don't know how to use straps.

The only pair that have ever worked for me are a really light pair of weightlifting straps from John Broz's gym.

Instead of wrapping around, you just loop the straps around the bar, pull them tight, and stick your hands in.

My grip gets weaker with straps from slipping, half the time.

>after I brew coffee and crush this bowl
Truly the patrician's choice for drug combos

Where's #25?

>Make sure your ass doesn't hop up before everything else.
According to candito when you record yourself you should just pause the video right when the weight comes off the ground and this should be the starting position and looks kinda like pic related. But on the video trappy posted the guy looks way less horizontal yet his butt doesn't shoot up and I don't think it's just the camera angle. what gives? is it just the way everyone's built?

Lads what's a good non-ironic gift to buy for a female (mid 20s) you do NOT intend to have sex with?

>is it just the way everyone's built?

That's a really big part of it. Both Candito and 2sher are really good deadlifters, so any significant differences are probably down to build.

I tried to analyze my post again according to candito's tip, and apparently this would be my starting ass position, is that right? I still gotta fix the shoulder and lat activation part

Equippegelion 3.25: I can (not) pull

325kg

Wellll you're not exactly Candito and your form's not exactly flawless. You've got a little lumbar rounding going on so sort that out first. Stop looking up. Brace your whole trunk, pull the bar up/in to your legs with your lats before you break the floor, get some tension in your hams, then fight to keep everything tight and in the same position throughout the lift. For the most part, hip position will take care of itself.

Not even in a suit can you out lift bodorio
If I pay for your flight will you bust Filipe knee caps?

I'm going keep working out until people stop to look at me deadlift the same way they stop to look at you deadlift

Actually I probably could.

But only just. It's going to be really close, his raw and my equipped lifts. For the next whatever years. He'll be ahead of me for a while yet.

He's just a different class of lifter.

Yeah it's a PL club so you have to lift even more too.

>esme likes brown cock

>Wellll you're not exactly Candito and your form's not exactly flawless.
never said I was
>You've got a little lumbar rounding going on so sort that out first.
thing is the reason I'm squatting the weight is because I'm trying to prevent lumbar flexion.
Feels bad man to have such shitty deadlift position
Would replacing the main set of deadlifts with pause deadlifts or just adding some sets of paused right after I'm done help me learn proper form or should I just keep on recording my deadlifts and go on as usual?

>adding some sets of paused right after I'm done help me learn proper form

I'd say yes. Just really stick your ass back while you're getting set up, it might help remind you of what's supposed to be going on with the upper ass/lower back region.

no no no bro

Candito's advice IS correct, however it's in the context of being able to deadlift with correct form, i.e. keeping your back straight in the pull.
Yours is rounding, which you are mistaking for hips rising. Work on keeping tight and not letting your lower back round.