Why am I so fucking weak?

I've been going to the gym almost daily for over a year and a half, and I've barely improved. I ate shit today at the bench, and can't do more than 5 reps of 165 on a good day. If I show no actual signs of ever improving, is it time to just give up and off myself?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthsensei.com/21-reasons-why-you-need-a-good-magnesium-supplement/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i've been going slightly longer than you and i bench significantly less

I'm also 6'4'', about 175-180, and at 8-11% body fat. By all accounts, I should be doing far more.

eat more
sleep more
do more sets
check your form

Dude I've been going for like a year and 3 months and the highest I got was like 6-7 reps of 155 on a good day. My goal is to get two plate bench next year.

Because you're skin and bones. Eat more and fucking do a strength program. You can only contract muscle, but you have no muscle to contract you lanky fuck.

>he didn't do Starting Strength because muh bodyfat
>wondering why he can't lift heavy

I've been doing all of these, and it does nothing. The eating thing can be a problem, as I do have Crohn's, but I should be doing FAR better than I am. It's fucking demoralizing to know that no matter what I do, I'm a weak worthless faggot.

No, you have no muscle mass, that's why you're fucking weak.

>i have crohn's

"The degree of malabsorption in Crohn's disease is apt to be much worse, and deficiencies of many nutrients, minerals, and more vitamins are likely."

wonder if this has anything to do with it tbqh. also do you take catabolic steroids for treatment? that doesn't help.

DUDE 6*4 AT 175 IS FUCKING SKELETON MODE

YOU DON'T MAKE MUSCLES OUT OF THIN AIR BUT OUT OF FAT

If you do have crohn's then i think shit is just fucked for you OP

>also do you take catabolic steroids for treatment?
No.

yeah you sound like youre a skelly. building a base of strength takes more time, but if youre already low body fat, youll look fucking great when you do put on some lean muscle. But this is the natty struggle. Ive been going to the gym for like 3 years and even now, i get kinda bummed when progress slows. Then i look at where i was a year ago and it motivates me again. slow and steady brah. AND FUCKING EEEAAAAAAAT

ITS TIME TO.....

PUSH HARDER BECAUSE YOU OBVIOUSLY ARNT PUSHING HARD ENOUGH YOU FUCKIN SAD CUNT

breh start doing high reps. I've been doing low reps (~6) for 3 years and i just started doing high reps and makin all kinds of gainz

So suicide is the answer?

>having Crohn's
dude good luck. my mom has it and it basically ruined her life

A year and a half of going for about 1 1/2 hours on top of running is pushing pretty hard. I'm mostly wondering that if I should give up for this reason: No matter how hard I push, I never improved.

THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE WAY OF KILLING YOURSELF IS DUE TO WORKING OUT TOO HARD.

IF YOU DIE ON THE ROAD WHILE TRYING TO BECOME SHREDDED, YOU DIE IN HONOR.

ANY OTHER WAY AND YOU ARE A PUSSYFAG

fucking running? kek!!

thats how you burn muscle, not build it.

I'm a pussyfag right now, didn't you read? Seems appropriate for a useless fag to go out like one.

THATS IF YOU EVEN HAVE THE BALLS TO KILL YOURSELF CUNT.

GO INJECT SOME STEROIDS FIRST AND DIE BY HEART ATTACK INSTEAD. AT LEAST THAT WAY ITS A WIN-WIN REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENS FIRST, THE GAINS OR THE DEATH.

maybe stop running. Is your diet compensating for the amount of calories youre burning from cardio? Are you actually counting calories? Are you 100 percent sure youre counting calories correctly? You have to be dilligent. If youre 6'4 170 after working out for 18 months youre more than likely not eating nearly enough, or youre training like a little bitch. But even if you were, you should still be getting fatter, not 8% body fat. Good news is that you have the perfect frame to put some muscle on. Just stop being a fucking pussy. Everyone here will call you on your shit.

cardio/swimming/calisthenics could do the trick

you're never going to get "big" if you can't manage to eat at least a little bit more but you can still get to a great level just not top tier.

does Crohn's worsen if you eat more?

>Is your diet compensating for the amount of calories youre burning from cardio? Are you actually counting calories? Are you 100 percent sure youre counting calories correctly?
Yes to all three, I'm very diligent about that.
>Just stop being a fucking pussy
I've been trying, and failing. What if I'm just inherently a worthless pussy?
It doesn't "worsen", but I have a hard time with certain foods, and I get constipated frequently.

eat more, lift more, sleep more

youre not there yet because you refuse to take chances and experiment with new carb foods and new amounts. new limits. new type of workouts.

Do you isolate your workouts?
Do you rest properly?
Do you spread out your meals?
Do you get over 170g of protein per day?
Do you lift to the point of not being able to pick up a 10lb dumbbell afterwards?

Are you a sad cunt trying to get big?

6'4 180?
How long have you been lifting?
what was your starting weight?

Only you know the truth. Be honest with yourself. If you are eating right, enough protein, enough of a surplus, lifting heavy enough. With good form, and sleeping enough, it may be time to see a doctor.
Maybe you have low test. Maybe it's a side effect of your Chron's.
But before you kill yourself, inject yourself with the steroids and see what happens.

about a year and seven months
Again, yes to all of these. I've tried every workout strategy, every tip I can get, every diet change I've been recommended, and nothing works. I've hit the wall of options, which is why I'm even contemplating quitting outright.
The only reason I haven't taken steroids is because I don't have the means to do so.

It is most probably that you (and a lot of other anons here) are magnesium deficient.

get 400mg down your esophagus everyday.

strengthsensei.com/21-reasons-why-you-need-a-good-magnesium-supplement/

start injecting sterons brah

Look man im not trying to flame you, but youve just admitted that youve only gaines 10 pounds in 19 months of training. So even though you think that youre eating enough and counting calories correctly, its very obvious that you arent. So, either stop the cardio, add in another meal or carb/protein heavy shake or do both.
Unless you have some underlying medical issue which you most likely dont, you need to stop making excuses and start eating properly.

Push more controlled, somewhat heavy sets around RPE 8-9 and do some chest/arm work after. Multiple times per week.

try Serious Mass by ON. Drink 2 scoops a day. That is an extra 2000 calories you need if you want to put on weight that sticks.

Don't worry about "flaming" me: I need some actual brutal honestly in my life, as all people seem to do these days is lie to spare feelings. thanks, man.

you gained 15lbs in 19 months, this is not fast enough to get big and strong

you need to be gaining about 4lbs a month, or 76lbs in the time you have been lifting

you should have bulked 1lb a week, then cut, then bulk, then cut and ended up around 245 by now (you need to weigh a lot at 6'4" to be any good at lifting anything)

That's pretty weird. I've only been doing 4 months of calisthenics and I tried benching. I can do 5 reps of 140 after adjusting to the bar movement. Are you eating enough?

I believe so, yes. I'm just inherently weak, I guess.

>mfw I'm 6'0" 135 pounds naked
>mfw benching since June
>mfw can't bench 100 pounds for 5x5

A weight gainer is an easy lazy way to get your calories in. Drinking them before bed instead of as a meal replacement will ensure you get sufficient calories in while putting on some serious weight. If you arent lazy though, you can save yourself some money by making your own weight gaining shakes, as weight gainers that you find online or in stores will be ridiculously carb heavy.

2 scoops of protein
1/2-1 cup of oats
4 tblsp peanut butter
egg whites
fresh or frozen fruit
greek yogurt is optional

thats easily 800-1k calories and will taste alot better than anything you buy.

But seriously man, fucking eat. Add in a shake, an extra meal, eat mixed nuts or trail mix all throughout the day. go heavier on the oils when youre cooking. Ezpz ways to get calories in without completely changing your diet. But yeah, like the other user said, if you were bulking properly for the last 19 months, you should easily have gained 40-70 pounds with consistent training.

I read this, I imagine insanity wolf saying it.