QTDDTOTT

New thread since the old one's at 300+.
If I know my form is good, can I warm up with pushups, given I'm using dumbbells and as such a lower weight for my bench?

Other urls found in this thread:

rohitnair.net/pp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Madcow or PHUL? I prefer mainly Strength with a sprinkle of aesthetics.

I have wide hips and a wide iliac crest. I've been doing Veeky Forums's GSLP and it's making my hips wider by increasing the size of my glutes and other muscles in the area. How do I prevent this without reverting to a brosplit?

PHUL

Starting tomorrow then. Mind if I ask why PHUL is preferable?

Rate my shake
Strawberry whey btw

You can warmup using the heater in your car. Use warmup sets as form/injury/mobility checks.

got a pimple thing on my lower back

how do i know if it's one of those cyst things?

You said you wanted aesthetics. PHUL gives more attention to upper body while letting you gain strength as well.

You can pop a pimple. Pimples are also red while cysts are just bumps under your skin. I have a cyst on my wrist and trust me it looks nothing like a pimple.

Is there any point in doing Pendley rows and bend over rows for the back, or do they overlap too much in terms of muscle group hit? I really enjoy both, and like to incorporate them on my pull day.

Perfect , thanks user.

On pic related, is there anything I can/should add from an aesthetics standpoint? Does this routine fail to target any important muscles, should I add facepulls?

No reason to do them both in the same workout.

forgot pic

want to diet for 30 days on 1500 calories a a day. Will this harm my health? I am 5'8 165 lbs

So I'm good to go with say 1 set at 65% working weight?

Yeah facepulls or rows in the same volume as bench. and I wouldn't do lateral raises as a beginner. Arnies are a safer exercise.

Take your vitamins.

You'll be fine. Just use it actively to check your body and form. Not just something to slap through as quick as possible.

any estimate on how much weight I can loose? 1500 cals is very low isn't it?

Not at all. Your BMR is like 1700 calories. TDEE maybe 2000. 1500 is nothing, but exactly where you want to be to lose a 1lb or 2lbs a week.
You could go as low as 1200 and be fine. I wouldn't advise that though.

Make sure half your diet is protein, include carbs so you don't feel like a god damned zombie.

Thanks, so when should I do the facepulls?

Please for all that is holy do not do Madcow. It's lower volume than SL which is for fucking beginners.

whenever you do OHP

It's completely fine to do both. The more volume the better. The back can take loads of it. I do 25-30 sets of rows a week.

Max rate of metabolic fat burn is 33cal/lb fat/day.

Can i only eat my Basal metabolic rate to lose fat?
i would calculate it every morning and then eat it?
(with lots of protein and some fat of course)

how much can an average skinnyfat hope to get in noob gains?

about threefiddy

You are right, they overlap a lot. Why dont you choose a different row like db rows and do them together with pendlays, i think that way it works best, cuz 2 kinds of rows are fine as long as they differ quite a lot.

Hypothetical question. Does any of this indicate that I actually have somewhat good physique and genetic predisposition if I can effortlessly lift 5 times 250 lb DL as a complete DYEL on the first week of training?

pls

Yo so i wanted to check something with you people, I'm currently on a cut and got a nutritional plan from a friend who is a personal trainer.

Now i think i should be on less calories but what do i know im fat, below is a run down:

Current weight: 154lb
23 F
Currently doing weight training 3 times a week and cardio.

Aiming for 1701kcal
Protein - 50% (205g)
Carbs - 25% (105g)
Fat - 25% (47.5g)

Should i decrease the cals?

What do you guys do to focus on the glutes/butt?
Ass to grass squats?

weight is meaningless without height

give up now you obviously won't make it

Calm your tits fag lord.

height is 170cm

depends a lot from person to person, don't focus on what numbers you SHOULD be getting, focus on the numbers you ARE getting

no, you could just be lucky and have overdeveloped muscles in a certain area

if you're active, dont reduce calories but reduce the freaking protein who the hell eats that much protein as a 154 lb FEMALE
up the fats a bit, 47 grams is too low, aim for 60-70

hip thrusts with the bar on ma dick

why calculate it every morning? this is the basics of a body recomp though, i would just cut

Best exercises to correct my slouch? I try to maintain good posture but I think I'm just too weak to hold it

Work on your back. Adding lat pulldowns and bent over/upright rows a couple times a week did wonders for my posture

Make mental notes to keep your shoulders back more standing, walking, moving, sitting.

Pull ups, push ups, reverse bench press and reverse flys my friend.

Build those lats and smaller back muscles up.

Do I have wide hips Veeky Forums? Will bigger shoulders/lats save me?

Yes and yes

ur bodies fine the way it is

Dat you Mom?

Don't listen to this retard.
You can fix your body by getting a bigger chest and back, absolutely Your midsection looks pretty but your top half looks like a 12 year olds.

Don't settle for mediocrity.

face pulls, best exercise ever for posture

you actually don't, you just lack mass

Cab muscle imbalances in leg be fixed when I squat my posture is shit my left leg leans into my groin area and goes the same direction my right leg goes correctly

Been doing SL 5X5 when I started to feel a pain in my left leg/hip while doing squats. I started to do more stretches and warmups focused on my legs hips. I realised the pain is in my adductor so anything that works on mobility there.

The pain continued so I deloaded and instead of doing 5x5 I do 3x5 (The pain always comes by the 3rd set regardless of weight, before that is ok) and supplemented the extra sets with 10 reps on various leg machines.

Is this adequate? I don't want to stop doing squats but part of me thinks I should stop all together while I focus on it recovering/stretches

Hello Veeky Forums i have shoulder pains when pressing bench or overhead. It is not impingement. But it yust feels like a major muscle burn. What can i do to fix my shoulder pain in my pushing workouts.

So I'm lookin at starting PHUL but my only issue is that I do not want to add mass to my thighs. I'm no T. rex but proportionally they are as big as I'd like them to get for now. Can I replace the lower hypertrophy with cardio or something?

Batwings.

>Lie face down in the bench
>Grab a dumbbell in each hand
>Pinch your shoulderblades together like a reverse fly

Yes.
>Toe up to a wall
>Spread your hands out like Jesus
>Squat down
The wall will provide feedback.

Use a massager ball. Try doing squats for 5-3-2.

Too much intensity. Try a different rep scheme.

You can, or you can just do legs in maintenance mode.

>Maintenance mode

What is this? Like do the exercises but don't add weight?

9 months into the gym membership. These stretch marks won't get worse right?
Not that bothered about them right now, would just like to know what i'm in for.

What are the best exercises for back that arent deadlifts?

Thank you does it take a few months for it to be corrected

Is there actual science behind the "its easier to build muscle on low bodyfat"? It sounds counterintuitive that the body wouldn't prioritize energy reserves when reserves are low.

>It sounds counterintuitive that the body wouldn't prioritize energy reserves when reserves are low.

what the fuck are you talking about? The body isn't using reserve energy when you're building muscle because you're eating more than you're burning.

It's "easier" to build muscle at lower bodyfats because since you can pack on more fat without it being obvious, aka a longer bulk cycle without getting fat.

why does it take 3 months for some people to lose 40 pounds and for others it could take half a year for 25 despite similar deficits? Are metabolisms not a meme?

they'll get worse if you get bigger

just do deadlifts but rows and back extensions with a plate

it has something to do with the hormones that fat tissue releases

people lie about how much they eat and work out, it's that simple

>what the fuck are you talking about?
Just take your time to read it, it is plently clear.

>people lie about how much they eat and work out, it's that simple

This. It's the most common reason for people losing weight "slowly" or not at all and the main reason for muh genetics arguments.

I'm just hypothesizing that it might be true since the glucose going into the muscles for replenishment comes straight from diet and doesn't have to rely on the metabolic breakdown of fat.

How much does exercise effect sex? Obviously more cardio/stamina makes you go longer, but does improved bloodflow effect dick size? Does working our increase or decrease sex drive?

You may or may not get more.
But they fade after a few months and aren't really noticeable. If you get jacked enough no one gives a fuck.
Get a tat if it really bothers you.

What should I do after SS for aesthetics? PPL?

Pendlays

PPLPPLX
For maximum aesthetics.

Whats the best method to fix shoulder impingement in the supraspinatus? Brace? Bands? Do acupuncture or chiropraction work?

I'm not talking about fatties though.

Like, the deficits you can take are between 500-750 calories, right? That's between 1 to 1.5 lbs of fat lost a week, roughly. And the whole idea that you thinner you get, the harder it is to lose weight.

I guess I just don't get the upper and lower limits of that range. When is it unsafe or unviable to lose 1.5 lbs vs 1 lb per week?

3500 weekly calorie deficit will give you a pound off a month, just dont go too far with the deficit otherwise your body will start to catabolize your muscle tissue.

honestly exercise lowered my sex drive I'm just too tired all the time to have sex with my gf

Deload 20% and just use that weight until it feels easy. Then add 5lbs.

*pound off a week.

>When is it unsafe or unviable to lose 1.5 lbs vs 1 lb per week?
Depends what you mean by unsafe.
It wont kill you if you eat right and workout a lot.

Ah, thank you user

Let's say you've got a few guys who have bodyfat percentages of 30%, 20%, 15% and 10% respectively. Could all of them realistically lose weight at the same time with the same deficits? I ask because I seem to plateau with a 750 deficit much faster than I do with a 500 calories deficit.

A 500 deficit from your bmr is safe. The "thinner-harder" part is because as you lose weight your bmr drops as well, and you have to re-calculate for that. I'd recommend a nutritionist, they're quite helpful for that part.

>Could all of them realistically lose weight at the same time with the same deficits?
Goddammit.

Could all of them realistically lose weight at the same RATE, not time.

BMR, not TDEE?

Thank you, totally missed that haha.

>BMR
Yessir

They'll all have a different metabolism, daily life, diet, workout routine, and so on.

There is no 100% guarantee "this is how it is" except calories in calories out.

>PPLPPLX
More info?

It's PPL except six days a week with one rest day.

I just cooked my first soy minced "meat", and I was wondering how does frying affects a food's proteins and calories? Also any ideas on how to dry the oil off?

Rest and anti-inflammatories

NSAIDs? I do take fish oils. And dude I rested for 8 months and lost all gains, the fucker comes back every time I start up again.

Is fasted walking a meme? What is a good source to learn more about it?

you're probably just genetically rekt then by the opening the supraspinatus passes through
I'd check your form and do more face pulls

I was overhead pressing today, took a deep breath and pressed up and felt a pop in my lower left rib cage. It doesn't hurt very much but i can feel it, any insight on this?

Sounds like you popped a rib out of place, though it didn't hurt you much. Weird. Anyway there are stretches to pop ribs back into place, but if this is the problem then it might get recurring.

I return once again Veeky Forumsizens to ask for your help, as my journey is still young, but has become frought with inconveniance.

I've come home from Uni to my village. The only problem is, I live in the middle of fucking nowhere. To put it in perspective, the nearest shop is a farm shop and its a two and a half hour walk there. The nearest gym is a 5 minute drive, but its £45 and I just don't have the money. All I have access to right now is 2 dumbells that are 10kg each in weight, which is nothing really.
How do I keep carrying on lifting? If I just do dumbell exercises till fail will that still do the trick, or do I NEED to be increasing weights? Does anyone else have a similar problem and can offer advice? I'm home for three weeks and I really don't want to stop lifting. Any sort of help would be appreciated.

does it mean my form was bad?

What are the intermediate programs to move onto after SS? I want to focus on power/athletic development mostly.

Thanks

so today was a long and shitty day

first sleep deprivation with less than 5 h of sleep

then no drinking and eating till late in the evening except for a bit of cereal

now an hour ago I have eaten and drank about 1l of water but I feel even worse now. headache, kinda like vomiting. worst of all today I couldnt even work out. what do?

rohitnair.net/pp/
Pain killer, meal, sleep. Do you really need to ask such a dumb question?

Make sure to assign your chakras properly when you sleep.
Lay on your back, arms akimbo and legs slightly apart.
If you need to, lightly pull your bumcheeks apart, this will help and bad karma you've accumulated ease out.
Return of your alarm if you can.
Sleep well

I'm at day 5 of my SS routine, never worked out before this. Is it normal that I can't finish the full 3 sets of OHP by now? My arms have never exercised in my life, so it kind of makes sense, but I manage to add weight to squats and deadlift every workout. Bench and OHP are very difficult for me with just the bar.

Being a newfag, I legit don't get the "sips" meme here. Anyone want to give me some context?