Is it possible to lose weight without losing gains?

Is it possible to lose weight without losing gains?

I've been hitting new PRs but also put on noticeable body fat. Can I lose weight without undoing all that work?

Bumping for interest

Yes you dip.

You can lose fat without losinh muscle.

Fat =/= muscle.

Thread over.

Stop eating sugar and do cardio.

Yes, but it'll take some time as a natty. If you have a small enough caloric deficit, you can keep gainz loss to a minimum, but it will take longer to reach a desired bodyfat percentage.

It's piss easy on roids.

As a natty it's doable but it gets harder and harder as you approach your genetic limit. Past the intermediate stage it's often more trouble than it's worth.

Is casein a meme?

Also bumping for interest.

Dip as in the exercise?

in theory yes, in practice no

if you're an intermediate lifter you'll probably lose some strength if you cut for long enough (3+ months)

you're falling for the bulk meme. don't be retarded

>if you cut for long enough (3+ months)
Who the fuck cuts for 3 months? Most fatties, if they're smart, will recomp/cut slightly during the noob phase when it's easy to do.

Plus losing a bit of LM on a cut is not that big of a deal, regaining LM is much easier than getting it in the first place due to cell adaptations remaining even with loss of volume and increased MPS efficiency.

there are plenty of fat fucks who probably need a dedicated cut for more than 3 months

3 months is only like 18lbs lost at a decent pace

but yeah ideally you don't fatfuck yourself enough at any point to necessitate a prolonged cut, because prolonged cuts are where things really really go to shit lifting wise

a 3 month cut and you're golden

a 6 month cut and you lose gains

The human body can mobilize about 60-75kcal (67.5kcal on average) of energy or about 7 grams of every kilogram of stored fat per day. That's known as maximal lipid metabolization.

So if you are carrying 30kg of fat and don't plan on adjusting your deficit until you hit 25kg. Then 25kg*67,5kcal/kg/day = 1687,5kcal/day of a deficit. Any more and you will lose lean mass, you might lose it before that - but at that point it becomes inevitable.

The higher the systemic fatigue that you place on your body (past a certain threshold - that's why volume on PSMF is severely reduced but you still work-out,) the more likely that it will happen before that point. Noob lifters simply cann't produce enough volume (due to being too weak to move serious weight) to severely compromise their ability to lose fat at the maximal rate, advanced lifters lose lean mass long before that point.

>a 6 month cut and you lose gains
H-how much gains

Can verify. Fat as fuck mode, like 275 6'2", now slightly less fat as fuck mode at 197. My strength has diminished greatly.

H-h-hold me bros

kek i cut for 6+ months and made gains. Veeky Forums actually doesn't know shit about fitness outside of power lifting.

Depends, if you cut slowly and work-out heavy, then not that much.

That's a bretty gud cut though. Good job.

It's as simple as this

Gain muscles = calorie surpluse
Lose fat = calorie deficit

Lifting heavy + calorie deficit = fat lose with highest amount of muscle maintenance/minimal muscle lose

>cut
>knows
choose one.

What is the bulk meme?

Dip as in dipshit.

I've been on a cut for like 5 months cuz I was a fat fuck and my lifts have been going up and I look better. Is it noob gains or what?

What does your cut entail?

>cut for 6 months
going from obese to a normal weight isn't cutting its just called losing weight. you were still benefitting from noobie gains and your comment is completely anecdotal

oh shit I just remembered that there is probably gonna be a new Veeky Forums comic soon right ? wasnt it always on new years when these are released ?

Yes SIR already had a thread up fishing for suggestions.

going from 180-160 is obese. kek you're fucking retarded. Stick to your power lifting knowledge.

>160lbs
>being this much of a manlet and/or skelly and/or dyel.

if it were your first 5 months of lifting then it's not surprising.

Not entirely. You'll always lose some strength due to lack of energy and some size due to lack of volume on a cut. There are ways to minimize it though.

yes, it's noob gains

try that when you've been lifting for 5 years, it doesn't work, you struggle just to maintain your lifts

the upside of all of it is myonuclear domain theory / muscle memory is a very real thing, and any muscle you lose will be easy to regain during your next bulk

it piss

Yes, some study showed that the subjects lost body mass while gaining muscle.

Idk if they were dyel or not though.

you have to be dyel as all hell to do that

I gained on my lifts and muscle mass @ a -1250 deficit, simply because I had so little muscle and was so week

Pic is 2 months @ -1250

If you have muscle on your frame to begin with, you're gonna have a way harder time on the cut

it happened the literal opposite to me, I had this weight in which I was seeing some satisfying gains, 4 months later I'm noticing I'm way skinnier but the weight is the same.

yes i lost 6 kg maintained my lifts.

run 10mins or less at decent speed after leg day twice a day.

I try to run 1 mile every time a little bit faster. started at 9 mins now i'm 6.30 mins.

>Time to shlick!
>Caught you mirin'
Gets me every time

Is it possible to read the sticky or use Google to find the answer to basic questions?