When did you guys realize deadlifts are a meme?

When did you guys realize deadlifts are a meme?

They simply are not necessary if your goal is to look good, and the risk massively outweighs the reward. One tiny slip up and you will be crippled.

I have a friend that deadlifts over 6 plates. Whenever I mention to girls how sickeningly strong he is they always say he doesn't even look big. Meanwhile curlbros get mired left right and center.

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/deadlift/hips/
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2sjxgf/routine_feedback_pplpp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks for reminding me that the approval of girls is the most important thing in life.

They do a nice job building up your core and back.

>curl bros get mired left right

Well yeah, if you don't do curls and you want to look asthetic, you're a fucking retard.

Do both dumbshit.

This, I bodybuild because I want a physique I'm proud of.

Just kys if it's for girls

I did deadlifts until recently cause every time I try to lift over 3plt my grip gives out, my squat is about to surpass it. I switched to power cleans and like them better. I feel stronger when I do them and feel like I had a better work out

I could give a shit. I used to consistently have lower back pain all the time. Ever since I started doing deadlifts, it's called completely vanished.

Besides;
>Meanwhile curlbros...
You... You do know that you can do more than one exercise at a time, right? Like, I don't mran to blow your mind, but one can do curls and deadlifts. Crazy, I know!

wow you're such a loser...

Hey look, it's this thread again

>but one can do curls and deadlifts
This.
I secretly hope people here are pretending to be as dumb as they appear in their threads, but somehow I think they are actually that retarded.

You know you can train your grip strength user. Also chalk if you aren't already using it.

Literally everything you do is for the opposite sex's approval. It literally is the most important thing in life, autist.

okay

t. lifting for 2 months

pathetic

Your desperation and how hard you try is why you can't get laid in the first place

if you want affection of woman, ahcieve the stuff that matters to you, reap the pride of being who you wanted yourself to be.

that confidence and pride will do way more for any woman than pathetically living your life for their aproval

kys

t. beta

Here's your (You)

babyforearms
try thumb lock

A beta lifts for women's approval though

An alpha wouldn't give a fuck. He'd just get pussy

yeah

I used to squat 3.5 plate ATG highbar for 8 reps, 405 DL for reps

I don't give a fuck anymore, it's a waste, it makes your knees hurt.

The easiest and best thing is lowerbody cardio combined with upperbody push/pull split

your life gets better when you remove meme lifts from your life and focus on cardio and upperbody aesthetics

>getting girls approval isn't the most important thing in my life
>beta
Pick one, mongo.

Kek.

>the risks

There are none unless you're a retard. It seems like I would have seen something come of them in the last two years of working out if there was any danger. Or that I would have experienced them myself.

This as well.

Its pretty simple man. The biggest compounds make for the easiest, fastest, and most consistent strength program. After you transition to more specific hypertrophy stuff than doing 5x10-12 of dead lifts is even safer because you can just double over hand everything and use way less weight.

I know Zyzz is a meme here but seriously. The guy got surgery, went overboard on roids obsessing about appearance and then died because of it.

Its not particularly "alpha" to be so insecure that you need to overcompensate that way. At least use a decent example of a "curl bro" is you're gong to make that argument.

Nice projection bro. Your desperate attempt to seem aloof are, surprise, also byproducts of your genes screaming at you to pass them on. They're disappointed in your failed struggle to do so. Every thought in your sad head the result of the chemical reactions eventually leading you to, get this, impress a mate so you don't go yet another year without a mate.

>There are none unless you're a retard.

>Every top deadlifter is a retard

Come back when you aren't lifting bitch weight

*tips fedora*

Shit is overhyped as a motherfucker for building mass. Sorry gym tryhards.

Is there a lot of CNS activity, a lot of compound stabilization, and a lot of multi-joint movement requiring multiplanar integrity? Yeah. Did I just use a lot of complex jargon that doesn't really mean anything to make it sound legit? yeah.
Should you do deadlifts? Absolutely. For those reasons above. For hypertrophy/GPP purposes, deadlifts are great but mostly because they condition you to be more effective at handling heavy loads which makes it easier to do other exercises.

Should you do deadlifts to grow your traps/mid back/lats (lol)? pretty much no. It's impractical. Deadlifts provide isometric tension to these muscle groups which is inferior to concentric-eccentric tension. Furthermore, the amount of training economy (total time, warm up, rest times etc) you have to devote to deadlifting heavily and properly affects the rest of your workout. Start your back day with 5x5@85% pulls and tell me you feel fine to go do the other four-six pulling movements you're supposed to do with comparable intensity. You're full of shit.

TLDR deadlifts good for making you good at other stuff not good/practical for making back bigger. All of this only applicable to bodybuilding or related sports. Different in powerlifting and weightlifting.

Where's the projection? I'm not projecting a thing, I'm flat out telling you that living your life for the approval of others is pathetic.

That's not projection, it's reality.

>impress a mate so you don't go yet another year without a mate.

The first step would be to stop trying so hard to impress "a mate" , to start enjoying your life, and doing the stuff you want to do and chase the stuff you want to chase.

No one is impressed by a guy who

>Doesn't legitimatly enjoy bodybuilding
>has no sense of pride and achievement from getting stronger and bigger
>just does it because he thinks it will make him lose his virginity

There are plenty of out of shape guys that do great with women, fix your personality.

It is what is holding you back.

This desperate approval seeking is killing you.

If you don't enjoy bodybuilding, or powerlifting, or oly, or whatever the fuck it is you're doing, STOP IT LAMO.

>doing shit you hate
>that you don't get money from
>2016

ahahah

The worst part is even if you get a good physique, you won't have addressed the reason you can't get laid: Your personality and outlook on life.

>He's right, you know.jpg

If everyone suddenly decided that having kids sucks, and to not do it anymore, then the human race is done. Your ability to reproduce (or, at least, to get girls to go through the motions thereof with you) is literally the single most important indication of your value as a human being.

>pseudo-intellectual bs to justify cuckish betaness
autism

You know what the worst part thing is?

Zyzz quote "Deadlifts are 100% my favorite lift. You will never see a guy with a good physoque who does not do deadlifts"

Op who idolizes Zyzz: "Deadlifts are a meme"

I never deadlifted before, but I have strong legs. Tonight I dreamed I was deadlifting for the first time, I put on 1pl8 and raised it without any difficulty, so I put on 2pl8s and was ready for lots of resistance but still I pulled it up like it was just the bar. Then someone from the side told me, "user, stop using such low weights, all men start their deds from 4pl8s".

Did I have a premonition and 2pl8s wouldn't bother me? Was my dream correct?

I've been here for 6 years and I'm still convinced that this sentiment is just loser autists.

Of course you lift for social approval, especially from the sex you're trying to attract. You think people lift to be like Jason Blaha? Fuck out of here.

This, familia.

zero back pain since I started deadlifting.

No if everyone suddenly decided that having kids sucks, and to not do it anymore, then the human race is done and therefore, in this scenario, your ability to reproduce could be seen as literally the single most important indication of your value as human being (pretending you care about the human race).

However, everyone didn't decide that having kids sucks, therefore this hypothesis is completely irrelevant and has no consequences whatsoever on actual life.

>Literally everything you do is for the opposite sex's approval

If you niggers don't understand he was speaking in terms of evolutionary psychology you're all fucking idiots. He wasn't saying you SHOULD, he was saying we're fundamentally built to design our goals so that they improve our chances to be selected for sexual intercourse by the other sex.

>T. Virgins

Finally! There's no reason to fight it.

I fucked my back up once trying to finish a set when my back was too fatigued, but that was my fault and not the lift's.

Those 2 months sucked though.

As a gay man and someone who is older than 21 I can say for sure that I don't lift for the approval of women. Or other men. I do it for me. I enjoy it, it's fun and It keeps me active instead of sitting in front of a tv mindlessly watching or playing vidya all evening and I have a number of other hobbies for the same purpose.

Guys who are saying they lift just for girls, do you actually enjoy lifting or do you just do it because you think having a nice set of abs will help you score a solid 5/10 slut at Brad's Friday night rager?

This is a bad constructed bait, but these waters have plenty of fish.

His deadlift was shite

t. E-statter

Please provide video evidence of yourself deadlifting more than 210kg and then I'll take your statement that a 210kg deadlift is terrible more seriously.

Yep. Do it.

> it makes your knees hurt

you didn't go below parallel did you?

For someone his size do you seriously think 210 is good?

>liftan for 4 years
>deadlift two times a week
>can lift above average weights, only 4 or 5 people in my gym are on pair with me overall
>lean, low bf, but still looking a bit DYEL
>"functional strenght" body lmao
>got a serious lower back injury a few years ago actually caused by OHP with awful form (seriously)
>I had to quit doing anything that involved my lower back.
>I got depressed for a month, but after that I decided to get my shit together
>designed a program solely based on upper back/shoulders, chest and arms. Basically a curlbro program but with smart resting between workouts and good weight progression.
>winter bulking
>three months go by
>slowly but surely I becoming swole
>every t-shirt now feels small as fuck
>my arms begin to show even with a sweatshirt on
>summer is here
>first day of beach with friends
>"Jesus christ user", "dude, you are BIG", "wtf brah, are you on roids?"
>girls start to mire for the first time in my life
>mfw after 4 years of compounds I achieved my goal body with a few months of a curlbro program neglecting my legs and lower back

>lifting because you're a fireman and you career and peoples lives depend on how much you can carry.

its like.... you guys that think aesthetic is the only reason to lift are below 70 IQ retards or something.

do you really think people lift for just looks? whats wrong with you

Disgusting
> I lift to attract females
> Can't attract females
> The reason I lift MOST be the reason ALL people lift

Gtfo. I have cancelled a 1 night stand to workout on more than 1 occasion. Plug that into your delusional formula.

routine?

read this: stronglifts.com/deadlift/hips/
I'm willing to bet good money that you're setting up like a squat.

I wouldn't mind looking like that guy when I am older, he looks like a university professor that lifts in his free time.

Compound movements are a a meme anyway for bodybuilding purposes.
Autists on the internet claim that isolating a muscle is a bad thing when you actually want this specific muscle to grow. There is no bodybuilder, fitness model or anyone else with an above decent physique that doesn't do isolation exercises. And that of course includes machines.
Rippetits and his shills have created a hype machine around strength training and all the kids who just want to look good naked fall for it.

Majority of people on this board are early 20s and below so it's not surprising that mindset is prevalent.

Issac Newton, Objectively the largest contributor to the human race in terms of development of science, technology and mathematics, never married or had children.

You're a moron.

Answer: social autism

Wow that was hard.

>Not knowing who Jon Pall is
>Not knowing that The Mountain from GoT has him tattooed on his leg

>They simply are not necessary if your goal is to look good
post your body before claiming bullshit

Explain to me why you think deadlifts are necessary despite most top bodybuilders not doing them?

I deadlift you slag.

I'm just saying they aren't necessary unless you are a powerlifter

don't avoid the fucking question you sissy
post your aesthetic body or else your points are completely invalid

basically this minus the leg day: reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2sjxgf/routine_feedback_pplpp/

>They simply are not necessary if your goal is to look good

My favorite thing about this board is that no one considers the middle ground. According to guys here you either train for strength or aesthetics and it is inconceivable to these people that you would want to both develop a better physique and get stronger.

zyzz wasn't that big

k

fact is if you want to look good you oughta become strong anyway

curling 10lbs 5 times a week isn't going to cut it, that's what all the skinnyfat skellies ITT don't get

explain to me why you think picking up heavy as fuck shit off the floor won't make you look better than the normies that dont.

everyone who looks better than you will tell you to deadlift

>do SL
>knees hurt, hips hurt
>work meticulously on fixing form for a fucking year
>still causes me the same pain
yeah fuck this "lifting for strength" squatting and deadlifting bullshit. If you can do it great, but it's not for everyone. Long term joint health is more important.

Doing back exercises that aren't just isometric will make you look 10x better.

No, your life gets better when you have a structured training plan that includes essential compound lifts regularly but not over done and has an emphasis on on/off seasonal training with high recovery modalities interlaced in your lifestyle.

Deadlifting only gave me erector, hamstring and glute gains.

Literally no traps or lats gains.

Why

>have shit form
>complain about joints
yeah it's not for everyone, idiots can't do it at all
but you think wriggle your way around it and get "aesthetic" without gaining strength?
the people you look up to outlift you 3:1

yeah mate, so aesthetic

I pull a 500 lb. deadlift, now.

The only time I ever threw my back out lifting was when I first started to diet and exercise and I was doing X-million reps with 30 lb. dumbbells half-sick.

Good form and a rested body will keep you safe.

that guy probably outlifts you 5:1
those feminine fitness models in underpants with razor abs and broad shoulders that you look up to outlift you 3:1 regardless

he's not even talking about deadlifts
he's talking about "lifting for strength" in general
he's trying to find an excuse not to lift heavy at all

why does it upset you so much that someone doesn't want to "lift for strength"?

Because this is physical perfection

Oh, thx, didnt realize the fact I want to deadlift 5pl8 was for girls :)

1pl8 is ez as fuck, everyone should be able to do this unless you're a girl, mega manlet, or extreme skelly.
2pl8 varies, but if you've been working out you should be able to.

what don't you understand about 'atg'? I used to go as low as possible and pause for a second

big legs also look somewhat effeminate and disproportionate, take it from someone into guys, huge legs are not a good look

Thanks

This. I hadn't deadlifted in a year, then this morning I went into the gym, loaded up 2pl8 and wrecked it. Easy as pie.

But would you have even been able to arrange said one night stand if you never lifted in the first place?

With very few exceptions, every single human being who exists, exists because two things happened: 1. A man was attracted enough to a woman to get a boner, and 2. That woman was attracted enough to that man to let him put that boner inside her hoohah. Without sexual attraction, which is very heavily based on physical appearance, the human race is doomed.

fpbp

he's got some nice titties for a young boy

OP is right but many of us have goals that consist of more than looking good and attracting females.

You realize that you can deadlift and curl?

>i only care girls must have girls pls

nice physique for a guy who did mostly strongman workouts, if i'm not wrong

In the 90s I listened to Oasis AND Blur.

There's a moral in that story, if you look hard enough.

Ronnie Coleman.

lol

>Hurry durr I think my life actually has meaning beyond procreating

Everyone point and laugh!

but your friend gets respect at the gym, curlbros don't. everyone knows that most of them are weak pussies who can't even diddy 3pl8.

>lifting for girls
when will they learn

I thought that was Hugh Grant on the thumbnail.

James Bond disagrees.

are you sure thats something to "lol" about?