Becoming a bouncer

Does anyone on this board have experience bouncing or have insight about that kind of work? I'm 20 years old 75 inches and roughly 250lbs of half flab half muscle that was just recently kicked out of the Marines in need of another sources of cash in addition to my daytime job.

It's shit. Youll get punched in the head.

why not fast food. or get a security guard cert and work in a not too shabby part of town.

I'm cool with that

Okay go ahead then. But you don't get paid enough to be someone's punching bag

>being a bouncer sounds fun as fuck sadly im 5ft9 175lbs lean so im not imposing enough in a suit compared to those fatass bald irish guys who are my height but 220lbs or that giant slavic guy bordering 300.

Why did the Marines kick you out?

Fast food is a last resort and I'm not in a situation where I can get a security job right now

Your ability to talk to people and diffuse situations is your strongest asset. Being a big intimidating guy is cool and all but businesses don't want asskickers, they want people that will identify problems and deal with a situation calmly and courteously, before anything gets out of hand. Violence should be your absolutely last resort.

Also, you're working on a team of guys and you will rarely have to confront a situation by yourself (assuming the other bouncers are worth half a shit) so your personal stature is, once again, not as important as you may think.

Source: my good friend was a strip club bouncer for two years

Drugs

Count
Step
Every
Make

What the fuck lmao

Lol bro, I'm a former D-1 rugby player, have abs at 6'1" 240 lbs, worked as a bouncer, Did army ROTC in college turning it down for 70k finance job, and I bench somewhere around 420 lbs. I grew up on base and boxed since I was 8. I've got the quickest hands I've ever seen in person from a non professional fighter, especially at my weight. If my gf wants to talk chit I'll let her do it to a point before pulling her away. If some guy gets in her face? I'm either gonna do the responsible thing and get the bouncer or pick him up and slam his phucking neck into the concrete.

What do you weigh… 190 lbs? Bench maybe 275 lbs? Lol. You have no idea what it's like walking around as big and as strong as someone like me. First of all, 95% of men walk in fear of you, and 95% of the other 5% of men are just retarded.

Literally the last 3 altercations I've been in with other males ended with me giving them one back hand slap and knocking them to the ground (I'm terrified of hitting most men and either killing them or putting them into a coma)
Any type of altercation, verbal etc. whether it involves girls I know or guys I know just mildly amuse me as I know I can step in and regulate the situation in a split second if things get serious.

Take your tiny, wanna be, hard pretend phaggot ass elsewhere pussy.

Dumb ass.

Retoooord

wew....

That poster flames up the autism in me every fucking time

It's people like this that make security a more stressful job than it is

Watch Roadhouse. Shit's applicable.

source: bounced for years

Kicked out the Marines???
Is it bad conduct discharge?
Do tell why and if your answers are legit I would like to suggest help

>count step every make
every time

Oth no court marshall popped on urinalysis

COUNT STEP EVERY MAKE

>"COUNT STEP EVERY MAKE"

It doesn't make sense, only a woman will have a poster like that.

Degenerate

Probably for being a fat and not being able to run

jesus christ people warned me about Veeky Forums being a bunch of useless meatheads but only by coming here you can truly understand the gravity of the situation.

It's pretty fucking obvious that if you read it from left to right instead of top to bottom the sentence is MAKE EVERY STEP COUNT which makes sense you brainless mongs.

Guess I truly am too intelligent to lift.

>It's pretty fucking obvious that if you read it from left to right

CSEM OTVA NERK TPYE?

Why do people join the military if they are going to do drugs?

I mean I was a degenerate fuck before I joined but I don't understand why anyone would join and continue to fucking do drugs after they join. Why join in the first place?

>just recently kicked out of the Marines

itt: OP got caught smoking pot like stupid ass LMAO

stupid neandretal.

>in need of another sources of cash
start being less of a useless druggie sometimes

Depends on the nature of the place in question. Club in a college town where the worst thing you'll have to deal with is drunk frat boys? Go for it. Hell, let people in with fake IDs, just charge them for it. Shady as fuck strip joint run by eastern europeans? Yeah, nah, give that a miss.

You'll wind up getting really sick of loud music and obnoxious drunks in short order regardless.

COUNT

>Make you step every count

>All these people giving OP shit about smoking some pot

The Marines are absolutely bat shit about how they deal with substances. You can get drunk to the point of causing bodily harm every single night and no one gives a shit. But oh man you smoked a joint 4 days ago and the metabolites are still in your system because they are fat soluble so you fail a drug test and you're out.

Literally doing a security cert in Australia

Heard stories from our assessor of licenced security guards renting out their I.d to people,

So they go earn $300 for a night or something and pay half to guy who owns the tag

Maybe look for some shady guards like that, pull the "I was in the Marines man, I'll earn you some money" card or something

STEP

Drugs mess up with your brain and military don't need mentally fucked people.

And alcohol doesn't?

>What is Korsakoff

Every one of my buddies who was a bouncer has been stabbed at some point. All four of them enthusiastically encourage people to consider any other option.

Learn the local laws, don't get yourself locked up trying to be a bad ass.

Talking to people quickly and firmly is more effective usually and saves you from at least danger if not legal issues.

You're probably too young to be around a bunch of drunks and handle yourself appropriately. Look for another job.

Nice to see this again

>count step every make

not sure which country's Marines you are refering to, but here in America, we have private security certifications, Level 2 is Entry, once you get Level 4 certification you're on the road to being blackwater newfag

how did you get caught?
did you cop a monday drug test or something

pretty much go to a rough side of town and start asking around at bars if they need anyone. holidays like new years eve and st. patricks day are a good time to ask and can help get your foot in the door. Be prepared to give/receive ass whoopings. Don't get a big head and act like a dick. Respect goes a long way but don't be afraid to raise your voice.

You're a big guy.

The text is going backwards you autist

Marines really are the fucking dumbest branch

>WE WUZ ELEET