Redpill me on body weight exercise

body weight general thread too

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tjAcd0u7pTTTdSlke5_8rGCo7afuR3xh23HnrVqwfNI/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bodyweight fitness is good only for manlets (sub 6').

It's way more fun, I can tell you that. No wait times, either.

Stacy doesn't care about how many plates you can squat. Do a handstand at her poolparty though and she's going to be impressed.

The capability of lifting your own body weight is a decent indicator of adequate strength for your body size, therefore, most body-weight exercises are decent for looking good and athleticism.

Pull ups and dips should be incorporated into any routine. Others will supplement heavier, free-weight oriented lifts nicely.

>implying a handstand is physically demanding
7 year old girls can do a handstand. And they probably bench more than you too.

it's a waste of time if your goal is to be strong or aesthetic since free weights gives far better results. the only reason to do BW stuff is that you want to be good at BW stuff, though that is a legitimate reason.

There are people who don't have maximal strength as a fitness goal.

You know, they just want to do their cardio, keep their muscles and joints healthy, eat their vegetables, and lead a long healthy life. Maybe perform planches and one-arm chin-ups too.

Do whatever fit's your goals.

i suppose you'll upload a video of your handstand? thought so

>Do whatever fits your goals.

calisthenics is way more functional than free weights tho

they're not. free weights provide a much easier and more efficient way to get stronger. calisthenics are often limited by skill and balance and you often have to change the movement to keep things challenging. calisthenics is more like a strength dependent sport than a good way to build strength. mind you, I think calisthenics is cool, just like I think gymnastics, MMA and a lot of other sports are cool, but it's simply not the best way to get bigger and stronger.

Guys I'm taking a two week vacation with my family to France Switzerland and Italy, what bodyweight stuff can I do to replace gym?

> Chin-ups
> Dips / push-ups
> Handstand push-ups
>Heavy luggage carry

Bang angry Swiss sloots x F

that's what I'm saying though, can you really consider yourself "strong" if you can move and balance your own body?

and by functional I mean more natural and applicable to general movements and actions, whereas lifting freeweights makes you better at lifting freeweights.

can't*

Here is what will happen assuming you get really strong with bodyweight exercises
>You will have really good relative strength for your upper body
>Will most likely have a very developed back, shoulders, core and chest
>Your legs will be small
>You wont have much strength when it comes to lifting heavy shit
>You will be able to control your body really well
>You can impress people with party tricks if its your goal
>Your tendons and ligaments will also be very strong
>You will never look like Zyzz or any fitness model

Our bodies are meant for both movement and lifting shit. One isnt any more natural than the other.

What's the most efficient way to train push-ups per minute? Training till failure? Should I train erryday? How many times?

I too would like an answer for this

Do 2 push ups a minute

Thanks!

for pushups you literally just do more of them. it's the easiest thing in the world to train for

Yo where to in italy

Do more difficult variations of pushups. You can't just increase reps forever if you want to build muscle

Dont tell me what i cant do you fucking piece of shit fuck you youre just like everybody else useless piece of trash im way better than you will ever dream to be

Thanks bro! Any examples?

I do chins, dips and press ups but with a backpack. Need to buy a larger one though as I'm struggling to fit pl8s in mine

You realize that being able to lift heavy things using a barbell carries over into things not using a barbell, right?

this is for gymnastics, but its almost the same thing, really worth taking a look at

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tjAcd0u7pTTTdSlke5_8rGCo7afuR3xh23HnrVqwfNI/edit#gid=0

Why not do more difficult exercises to avoid paying more?

Need a new backpack anyway desu and I prefer weighted basics

I'm going away for 3 weeks too, I'm freaking out that I'll lose my gains. Any tips?

Redpill me Calisthenics user

Is there some guide to start on this? Heard about it and it sounds like exactly what I want to do

When i started i just went instinctually but if you have no idea what to do id look on reddit. I have heard they have good info on programs and stuff.

>Sucks
Next question

>Remove kebab from France x F

Doubt you'll have time for Switzerland and Italy tbqhwyfam

Handstand pics?

Just to be clear. Takes a whole 30 seconds moving for 1 whole pushup. 15 seconds moving down and and 15 moving up. SLOWLY

Please show me your handstand. You obviously have much to teach us.

fuck you

>your body will be healthy as fuck

Works for me.

video of you doing pull-ups or even a pic of your body? otherwise you're basically like a fat girl saying skinny pretty girls are unhealthy and they should have a burger

Look at him. Look at him and laugh.

There are guys at my work who do calisthenics at a decent level and they're all weak as shit and have to keep taking rests. They can do levers, pull ups for days, one of them can do a manna, but they have zero real world strength.

Calisthenics is only going to carry over to other things if you are exceptionally proficient at it is gymnastics benching 275 when they first try it. For the lay person, weight training is an absolute necessity for functional strength.

If you think a routine consisting of heavy compounds is only going to make you better at heavy compounds then I suggest reaching 1.5/3/4/5 and laughing at how utterly wrong you are

>He gets out of breath from eating

You don't think picking up a 500lb barbell off the floor translates well to picking up heavy things in real life? Obviously it's not a 1-for-1 translation, but somebody who can pull 500lbs is going to find it easier to lug a 100lb bag of concrete than someone who can only pull 135.

keep taking rests at doing what? you lift more weight than someone who doesn't lift weights? can you drive faster than someone who doesn't have a car?

I'm an assistant at a tree surgery firm. It involves climbing trees, sawing, humping wheelbarrows etc.