Shitty Gym Experiences

>at the gym
>just did an intense set
>go over to the drinking fountain
>safety first
>reach in my pockets for my wrist wraps
>realize i forgot them at home
>couldn't use the fountain

why doesn't your gym fountain have loaner wrist wraps?

Itz a home gym bro

I touched hands with a girl at the gym today by accident. We both tried to toss a paper towel into a trash can at the same time and our hands collided. Then we both apologized at the same time. I didn't look her in the face when I said sorry so I don't know if she was disgusted or amused or indifferent or what. I couldn't pick up on her tone because we spoke at the same time.

>tfw forgot coins for the pl8 dispenser

>freshman year of college
>me, emaciated manlet twig
>roommate begs me to go to the gym with him, i relent and go
>no idea how to do anything there, just read the instructions, do low weights and feel pathetic, especially with how jacked the guys there are and how hot the girls are

>get back to dorm
>roommate makes fun of me, in front of me, to his friends we pass in the hall for how weak i was
>never go to the gym in college again out of the shame and humiliation

Did you smell your hand afterwards? You can tell alot about a girl from her scent

No, I didn't think of that. She looked like she probably smelled nice though.

What an asshole roommate

>leg day
>pay the cashier at the squat rack €5 for an hour
>setting up the bar
>realise I forgot to pay for the plates
>it's €0,4 for each plate
>only brought €6 of which I had spent €5 for the rack
>mfw have to squat 1pl8 for the whole hour
>at least have just enough left to pay for a cup of water at the dispenser

You could lick your hand and find out how she tastes like. Wasted opportunity.

Then he would have had his wraps.

Hmmmmm

>getting ready for deadlift 1RM attempt
>ask bro nearby for a spot
>tell him that it might be a little slow, and to let me struggle a bit
>"Sure dude, no problem"
>set up and start lifting
>mfw this asshole IMMEDIATELY grabs the bar and starts pulling as hard as he can
>after the rep, pats me on the back and shouts "All you, bro! All you!"
>have to thank him for ruining my lift

>He has a drinking fountain in his house
Step it up, bro, I have a urinal in my living room. Really saves time.

get back in the gym. Get yoked. Make fun of him for not Benching lmao3pl8

you get water for 0,2€ per cup? lucky you

Sometimes I don't even know if you are total autists or just trolling

I used to smell this diary I stole from this cute girl every day before school so I wouldn't put it past them

The mentality I kept having was "people make fun kf my current body (fatty). If I stop now I will never get to the next one." Who cares what they think about you when you start out, you're going to leave that behind anyway.

reallly you need to pay for all this shit? i pay for the monthly membership (7$) and that is all, i can have all the CUPS OF WATER and plates I want

>Achieve 3pl8 squat
>Feel awesome about new PR
>Realise I still my straps on from earlier
>The squat doesn't count :(

I've never really sperged out at the gym but I have gone to the gym smelling like shit because I wore the same outfit to the gym two days in a row

are you a fucking communist or something?

no.

> wake up, shitty morning
> classes at 13:00, decide to gym beforehand.
> cycle 20 minutes to gym
> hand over card, get locker key
> in the middle of changing
> forgot fucking pants
> can't use pants i came in, tight denim (no homo) that i can't squat in.
> fuck
> change back, return key, get card
> go back home, get pants, go back and exercise
> have to cut it short, because of my fuck up
> fuck

the problem is, the coins you put in the dispensers pay for new pl8s every two month or so.

If you're in a flat-fee gym like that, chances are they just keep using the same pl8s forever or until they get broken. In that case, the slight distortions of the pl8 whenever it gets dropped add up over time, so the weight of the pl8 is no longer centred on the hole.

It doesn't matter just for a couple of session but after a few months you end up with uneven gains and increased risk of injuries.

That's why pro weight lifters never use the same pl8s twice, they do a set and then immediately cast them into the gym forge so the blacksmith can manufacture new pl8s (adding more metal if need be).

>that feel when your gym's blacksmith used to work in a seperate room but the gym moved to an open-plan model (apparently the cardio bunnies like to watch the blacksmiths at work) and now the heat from the forge overloads the air conditioning and you get heatstroke in the middle of your squats

I literally go to gym everyday except Monday wearing the same shit and never have a smell, you realise you have to hang your shit to air out right ?

>His squat racks aren't through an interdimensional portal to a climate controlled facility on Jupiter for hypergravitational gains
Top guffaw lad

>needs spotter for diddlies

>Rock up
>Feeling pumped
>Gunna do some quick stretches before doing some squats
>Forgot my sweat towel
>Oh well, I'll make do with some hand towels
>Start stretching
>Music pretty crumby, but tolerable, usually mixes classics with nu-radio shit
>Suddenly changes, it's one effeminate black male singing high pitched love songs after another
>It doesn't fucking stop
>After the third love ballard I search for my headphones. Not in my pocket.
>Look in my gym bag. Nope.
>Check my car. Nope.
>Fuck. Left them at home.
>Go back inside, defeated.
>Complete my workout to the most terrible RnB and love songs ever to grace this earth. Try squatting a PR to "work work work work work work work work work working with maaaaah sheeeeeeit"

I could honestly strangle the dumb slut who came up with that list. I was so mad. It was physically and spiritually painful listening to what passes as 'music' to modern ghetto folks. I live in fucking straya.

those mirrors can trick you sometimes.

>interdimensional portal
>Jupiter

Jupiter isn't in another dimension, dumdum. You're probably paying way over what's normal for your gym membership since they'd be using a simple teleportation gate.

In the big boy leagues you get transported to another dimension where the laws of physics are very slightly different to our own in such a way that it's many times easier to make SICK GAINS there.

Or did you think "leaving humanity behind" was a metaphor?

How does someone even spot on diddlies wtf?

face to ass and curl

I would sniff her ass so hard and fuck her as she bends down to do the deadlift

HNNNNNNNG

YES PLS

Do people actually have to pay for plates and equipment at the gym you're already paying for?

Is this a meme or some shit

The gym membership fee is for access to the gym space, facilities, administrative overhead, some of the equiptment costs, etc.

For stuff that gets broken easily, such as plates, it only makes sense that there's an additional surcharge towards maintaining and purchasing new equiptment. And only people who actually use the stuff are paying for it, so if you're a cardio bunny you don't have to subsidise the weight lifters and vice versa.

Same thing goes with tipping the gym staff. You're only subsidising the ones who help you directly.

The lift was ruined the moment you asked for a spot on a fucking deadlift.

I misread that as dairy and thought your some sort of wierdo that steals cheese from girls and sniffs it

wew lad were you betrayed as a kid and thats why you have trust issues or what

It's not like i have anything against a spot. But who the fuck needs a spot on a deadlift. How would you even spot that?

I know you're just memeing but it would be interesting to have a "pay as you go" contract free gym.

>not stealing bottles breast milk from kids while their mother is distracted

it's like you don't want to make it

>tfw no sweet immune system gains

>not stealing it direct from the source when the mom isn't looking

It's like YOU don't want to make it.

But I felt the contact.