Oly WL shoes

What's Veeky Forums opinion on higer heel height on oly shoes like pic related?
I'm thinking of getting the 16 leistung by adidas since my adipowers are worn and beat to hell but they're not available on canadian adidas site so im thinking of getting power perfect II/drekhraft but they both look like adidas powerlifts which is shittier entry level version of adipowers with lower non solid heel.
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

allthingsgym.com/olympic-lifting-shoes-with-extra-elevated-heels/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chuck taylors are like $30.

>muh low bar squats
I'm not a powershitter top kek

I play varsity football in my uni so i do tons of power cleans and front/high bar back squats

Whether you want or need the higher heels is really personal need/preference.

I had no problem with pp2 but after a bunch of years I went to adipowers and those are better quality. My understanding is pp2s and powerlifts have same slightly compressible heel, but it's a total non issue. There are Olympic lifters (as in, in the Olympics) lifting in pp2s so don't let a bunch of 4channers tell you they're too unstable.

>What's Veeky Forums opinion on higer heel height on oly shoes like pic related?

I switched from chucks to oly shoes a few months ago.

Something totally unexpected from using chucks for so long is that my ankles wound up getting tight which lead to my calves and hamstrings getting tight as well.

Once I switched I got my ankle mobility back, calves felt like an actual body part again and I wasn't walking like a retarded cowboy anymore. It was fucking crazy the imbalances I developed from using chucks for so long.

The raised heels FEEL enormously better than chucks imo,but they won't magically add weight to your total but you're going to feel more confident and trust your knees more.

As for what shoe to choose, you seriously dont need an expensive shoe. I use powerlift 3's and love them.

>higer heel height

every time with these fucking manlets.

>he thinks chucks are good for low bar squats
>he thinks chucks are good for any squats except very wide stance squats

Actually i meant was asking how Veeky Forums felt with shoes such as leistung with raised heel that are higher (0.97 inch) that are more similiar to old school olympic WL shoes than the usual 0.75 inch heel height thats more common in modern shoes. Asking because i have pretty shit ankle mobility and higher heel shoes actually help me hit that power position.

U wot m8? I thought pp2 and drekhraft's heels are non compressible judging from their raised price from powerlifts

Bump /oly/ gods pls help me

Just get some better form. These shoes are just as bad as pussy pads for the bar

No

>paying for flat shoes

just take off your shoes user

Will Adipowers make me look taller ? Asking for a friend who is kinda short (certainly not a manlet but a bit on the short end)

>Asking for a friend
>tfw you're so insecure about your height you have to lie about it on anonymous website

I've added a centimeter to my adipowers due to incredibly bad ankle mobility.

See Some people (like myself) have bad ankle moropholy and leverages despite working on flexibility. My shins are really long and I'm having trouble getting my knees to travel forward as much as I need which makes a good upright position hard for snatches and such. My oly coach told me to increase the heel leverage on my oly shoes to make the overhead position easier.

IT's even been done at the world stage: allthingsgym.com/olympic-lifting-shoes-with-extra-elevated-heels/

I have Adipowers and can't imagine trading down. Get new Adipowers or Romaleos.

low mobility shitters can't even squat below parallel without assistance from a higher heel. that's honestly pathetic.

Yes. Because all olympic gold medalists are pathetic/have pathetic flexibility, you bumbling idiot.

they can go way below parallel flat-footed and choose to wear the shoes because it gives them a small boost. seriously, olympic weightlifters are flexible as fuck.

that's entirely different than people who can't and need them to be able to.

I have the leistungs, they fit good and snug due to the boa system, which has a lifetime warranty if it breaks. The heel height is the same as the adipowers as well, so I guess it comes down to preference and money.

>Oly WL
some people really are lazy

You realize not all olympic weightlifters are -5 ft 6 short legged chinese trained from birth. Most of them (even the ones on world stage) have pretty shit ankle mobility aswell. If you look at many heavyweight lifters esp from russia/iran they barely hit depth for their snatch/C&J which is why many of them prefer the old style shoes (leather with high 1 in or more wooden heels) like blue suede, romaleos 1 and other pre 2008s brand.

Leistungs are supposedly this new version of adipowers that are slightly lighter, 1 inch heel height instead of 3/4 inch of adipowers, and with boa lacing system. Tbh i would've gotten it if it wasnt damn near close to 250 bucks and have jew stars printed all over the shoes

> barely hit depth for their snatch/C&J

mate, you don't have to hit depth at the olympics, no one cares about that. if you're somehow able to power snatch your attempt (hypothetically of course), officials aren't going to redlight you for not going deep enough.

more realistically, if you're able to catch it slightly higher, that's great. you're stronger at a higher position than at the very bottom.

I have rare adistars for sale not new but still usable for atleast 2-3 years

Size 9 UK
Im asking $160 ship worldwide on ur costs

>-5 ft 6 short legged chinese trained from birth.

>posts a russian equivalent of a manlet with short legs

lol u fucking idiot

these are not fucking cars, they smell like ass and probably give you fungal infections

people who buy used shoes of these condition are retarded, and so are the people selling them

Funny you say because I had 2 used pair and sold the other one (a little better looking) for $650 last week on ebay lol

This. Used shoes maybe acceptable in terms of sneakers etc shoes you use outside daily. Used WL shoes are absolutely fucking disgusting because its been slammed more than lisa ann's and absorbed shit ton of hair, sweat and skin particles rubbed off by the inside of the shoes.
And besides, those shoes looked like it'd crumble and be destroyed after another week of use

There are people who would pay good money to buy used bodybuilding thong whats ur point familia