QTDDTOT

I'm waiting hombre.

currently i do my major leg exercises on the same day beeing squats and deadlifts. I know deadlifts are not solely for legs but it's a overall great compound movement.
Is it counter beneficial that i do the exercises on the same day or should i split them up for a better cause?

And i've stumbled upon having a slight pain in my sternoclavicular joint while doing weighted dips. The most i've heard is that people experience pain in their shoulders and such but i only have a slight discomfort in the joint. I don't feel any pain while doing dips whitout weight and i can easily do 3x15-20 so i should be strong enough to do weighted ones. Any idea what is wrong? ( i watch out for good form so this can't be the major problem here)

thx in advance

Thinking of starting SS. Never lifted before. I have 0 strength.

Would I benefit from the book or I'd online material enough to get me through

I also have access to a trainer...

Just curious went to the book store apparently the book is out of print debating if it's worth going through the trouble of buying online

any tips on fixing anterior pelvic tilt?

Butterflies / splits

The starting strength book is invaluable for learning form. Really a great book for learning how to do compound lifts

IMO grey skull lp is the best beginner program

Looked it up that seems to be the online consensus

Honestly I picked SS because it was the first program I saw and i literally know nothing about lifting so I just needed something to get me in the gym something simple.

Never got much feedback on this yesterday. Is my PPL routine alright? Specifically the exercise choices:

Push
Weighted Chest Dips 3x10-12
Incline DB bench press 3x10-12
Seated DB shoulder press 3x8-10
DB Side Lateral Raise 3x10-12
Shrugs 3x10-12

Pull
Barbell Rows 3x8-10
Weighted Pull Ups 3x8-10
DB Reverse Flies 3x10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls 4x10-12
Hammer Curls 3x10-12

Legs
Barbell Squats 4x8
DB Bulgarian Split Squats 3x10-12
Stiff-Legged Deadlift 3x8-10
DB Calf Raises 5x10-12

Pls respond guys.

Bump

Thinking about doing tabata intervals of heavy slam balls as my main form of exercise.

Would this help me to develop an ottermode physique? What weight should I use?

Only have 1 day I can lift next week and then I wont be able to lift till the 26th.
First time I'll be missing gym in months.

What should I do for my 1 day? Was thinking something like
>Deadlift to clean>clean to front squat>front squat to OHP
Just to get all my shit in so I don't feel worthless.

what the fuck nigger?

I'd replace the db reverse flies with face pulls

I worked my way up to 2pl8 squat, stalled and deloaded.

Now I'm back on 95 kg and I've been stuck here for like 3 weeks and I can't get back to where I was.

What is going on here? Why is my squat going down? All my other lifts are still progressing.

How did you get rid of your tennis elbow Veeky Forums?

Best excercise for rear delts?

I used to do face pulls religiously but the rope extension in my gym keeps going missing.

If you only want to get generally strong and look good, yeah pick Greyskull.

But even if you do, buy SS the book. The amount of stuff you will learn from it will save you a LONG time learning it from somewhere else or on your own.

IMO it lacks lower rep ranges. You could do 2 different PPL groups in one week:

monday push:
1) Weighted Chest Dips: 3x6-8 or flat bench press 3x5-7
2) OHP: 3x5-7 or Seated DB shoulder press 3x6-8
3) another exercise you want 3x8-12

tuesday pull:
1) Barbell Rows 3x5-7
2) Weighted Pull Ups 3x5-7
3) anycurls you want 3x8-12

wednesday legs
1) Barbell Squats 3x 5-7
2) conventional or sumo Deadlift 2x5-7
3) Lunges or Glute ham raises 3x8-12

and then thursday - friday -saturday the PPL you said, with sunday rest

The idea with this is that with the PPL on mond,tesd,wedn you go all out and go for strenght Personal Records (while maintening good form). These 3 days are lower on volume because you will be going heavier. And then on thursday to saturday you go higher reps (and less weight than moday - wednesday).

Be careful, on the heavy days don't do much volume, you have the higher rep days for that and by lifting heavier you tax way a lot your nervous system.

TLDR: go heavy beggining of the week and progress every week, once you get 7 reps on all 3 sets of the 5-7rep exercises, up the weight for next week and go for 3x7 again. Lower reps recruits easier strength and like this you will progress faster.

-Not eating enough
-Not sleeping enough
-Poor form
-Mental strength

Try doing 2pl8 but do 1pl8+35+10. Might just be a mental barrier.
That's what happened with my 2pl8 bench.
>I can never do 2pl8!
>working up to it
>accidentally put 35 and a 10
>bust it out
all mental.

don't worry man, take it as a deload week. When you go back you will be able to retake your progress better than ever

If you want ottermode: lift heavy weights every week while trying to make them heavier every time with good form. Nothing will give you muscle faster. And don't worry you will still need 1-2 years of doing it good to reach ottermode. But it is still the faster way (without counting roids, but if you go with roids you will still have to lift heavy)

It's impossible to know without knowing your squat form, nutrition, sleep and routine man. Give us more info it could be any of those

Just download SS fæm

I'm a fatass losing fat and I have to go to 3 christmas parties so I've been fasting all day and only eating at the parties, I'm still eating at a caloric deficit (barely but like 1800kcal) even though my macros are all fucked up for these 3 days, what's the impact on the body on getting all the calories in a short period of time? I figure it won't be able to absorb most of the nutrients does it also mean fats won't be processed too?

Thanks for the thorough feedback man. I was wondering why in the original PPL of someone called coolcaida, why he even had 3x5 reps so I changed it but what you've said makes sense. Going to alter my routine to what you've said. Thanks a lot. Also just want to ask, is it okay to just stick to stiff legged Deadlift? Why in particular did you recommend conventional and sumo? Just to mix it up or?

What is the deal with seeing Alan Thrall bashed on Veeky Forums all the time here?

He's advice is legit right?

He has a lot of in depth explanations about many lifts and it seems like hes objective and knows what hes talking about.

DB reverse flies are good

I don't want to get into too much detail, but i have to explain this first for you to understand about the deadlift. If you don't care about the explanation just jump to the TLDR.

For nattys the best way to get muscle is to focus on 4-6 compounds that work all your body and progress on them. If you progress on them, with the right nutrition and rest, you will be making lots of muscle.

Those compounds are usually: squat, deadlift, OHP, bench press, chinup/pullup, rows, dips. You don't have to focus on all of them, you just choose the ones you want and go heavy on them.

Now to answer your question: the stiff-legged deadlift is an amazing exercise for glutes, hamstring and lower back... because it is usually used as an ACCESORY movement of conventional or sumo deadlift, which are a way more natural movement to your body in which you can go pretty heavy while being safe (supposing good form).

Try doing stiff-leg DL heavy, your body will naturally cheat towards a conventional DL. What people usually do is go heavy on conventional/sumo, and if their glutes/hamies are weak: they will throw in stiff-leg DL to strength that part of the lift. But that is the point, strength the normal DL with an accesory.

And if you ask me which one to choose as main DL form: conventional or sumo. If you squat with a wide stance => conventional DL. If your prefered squat stance is rather narrow => sumo DL. This will give you a more even development of your lower body.

TLDR: the best thing for gainz is to go heavy on compounds, and going heavy on stiff-leg DL is dangerous and suboptimal, hence why i recommend you going heavy on conventional or sumo DL and, if you want to give extra volume to your glutes/hamstrings, ADD stiff-leg deadlifts. But they should be an accesory to your conv/sumo deadlift, your priority should be adding weight to your DL. (and to which one to choose if sumo or conventional for your normal progression: read paragraph above)

his advice on form and general training for nattys (heavy compunds, sleep and eat) is among the best i see in youtube.

Why is he bashed on Veeky Forums?

1)He is not aesthetic, and in a board full of insecure autists that seek the approval of all the normies and girls they weren't able to impress by lifting, he is not going to be respected. A lot of his advice is aimed at the powerlifting /strongman public, thus when these autists hear it they go "hurrrr he has no idea you are going to get fat like this!!!!" which is true, because that doesn't interfere with powerlifting/strongman goals generally.

2) Let's face it he is pretty cringey sometimes. Not that i care because his advice is toptier but he is anyway and that gives this cancerous board a reason to bash him to death.

His advice is really good, and his advice on form is just pure gold. I still recommend his how to squat video to pretty much everyone that wants to fix their squat. You just have to know that sometimes his goals and your goals might not be the same, and thus some of his advice might not apply to you or this board generally.

It is usually not that healthy only having one huge ass meal on the day.

My general advice for anyone on the holidays would be what you are doing. On the family reunions let go and enjoy yourself and limit food during the rest of the day. But maybe try having a couple scoops of whey for breakfest and a banana or apple, basically protein and clean carbs with no fat. That will add a bit of calories yeah, but you not only want to loose fat but keep your muscle and fasting for almost all day to only have one huge ass meal doesn't do good to your hormones nor to your protein synthesis.

Buy the book. It is less than $30 on Amazon. If you like Kindle or the Kindle app, you can get it for $10.

Read the entire thing. So many people think they are doing SS, but they end up missing something.

>Anon1: I did SS and it didn't do anything for my arms
>user 2: Did you do the Chin Ups?
>user 1: No
>user 2: ....

Yeah, that's what I figured, it's not the best option but it's the lesser evil and since it only happen a few times in this part of the year it shouldn't be all that bad.

Is there a male equivalent of girlswithmuscles? I'm looking for inspiration/model figures. A mixed website would be good too.

Thank you.

>in a board full of insecure autists that seek the approval of all the normies and girls they weren't able to impress by lifting, he is not going to be respected.

Yeah figures. I had similar thoughts about this aswell.

I did some dumbell bench press and overhead press today and I experienced some pain in my upper right back. is just bad form?

doing the texas method but can't do power cleans or snatches since I'll hit the roof, I've swapped cleans with pendlay rows but what can I replace snatches with? high pulls or?
pls respond

Due to no access to my weights until possibly Wednesday, should I replace my chest day with pushups, handstand pushups and bodyweight squats/lunges?

Totally, that is what i actually do on holidays as well, but i try eating lots of veggies and protein or fruit during the day to diminish the bad sides of a gigantic meal

yes, stop doing them for a week until you can't feel that pain at all.
Then watch some videos of good form on youtube and try going SUPER light.

It may also be because of poor mobility or not enough warm up. When you do again light and don't feel any pain on your upper back, and also feel the correct muscles working (chest and shoulders) then you can start going heavier.

Seriously man, if you fuck your shit up you will take months to recover, if you go slowly you will only take a couple more weeks get Veeky Forums

for chest? try looking for pushups and pushups variations that are harder. Your goal should be to struggle to do 7-10 reps of any pushup variation you choose. If you do 3 to 5 sets of those you will feel your chest burning i promise.

Handstand pushups are more of a shoulder exercise, but be careful you could hurt yourself with those if you aren't strong enough or a skelly.

Depends on your goals man, do you compete on any competition? Just want to get stronger? Just want to get aesthetic? 50/50?

sorry forgot to specify, mainly want to just get stronger with aesthetics as a side

Do you mean generally stronger, like an athlet? Or more towards powerlifting and bumping as much as possible your squat/bench/DL?

more towards bumping my squat/bench/diddly laa

Then yeah you don't have to worry about cleans and snatches. They are in the program mainly for general aethletic performance in the field.

But can't you do power cleans? I mean, you don't need to push the weight above your head like you do with a snatch.

Anyway, do you have access to a gym? Or do you train in a homegym?

im 24, started lifting at 21
bulked from 139 to 160 in 7 or 8 months
bench went from 135 to 190 for 3x8
i then stopped lifting all together and drank alot of alcohol not insane amount except for a feek weeks out of the months for 4 months or so lol ( downing a bottle of jack in 4 days) but then id drink beer after my shitty job. i was depressed.
i got a better job and stopped drinking so much drank a few beers on weekends and MAYBE on the weekday.
i started working out again and went hard calculating cals and protons per body wieght for 5 months then stopped for about 4 months cause my RC hurt like a bitch and drank occasionaly on weekends. i started again in beginning of october and im back at counting cals and protons i dont intend to quit anymore unless injured and even then ill only take a month off im also watching my form alot more. im back at 190lbs for 3x8 i squat 2 pla8 for reps. its not that impressive but.. at 24 i think i started out kind of late.. i wish i ran into Veeky Forums when i was 17 so i could get disciplined better. my question is...
will i make it
will i reach my natty limit with my current stats at 24. or do people only reach their natty limit if they have perfect discipline since age 17 and no breaks. by what age/how long might my journey be if i ever get there. 35?

What am I doing wrong to not grow areas of pic related?

I have been lifting for 5 years. I'm 147lbs 5'7"

Also general recommendations / hate, etc appreciated

oh here is pic related

i'm in shape mostly except for my ass,its kinda too fat for the rest of my body
i run and cycle a fuck load but im not losing any weight,i dont eat like a pig either
what do?
does it need a specific set of exercise?

well those areas have basically no muscle whatsoever (upper is basically the end of your upperpecs and lower zone are your lower abs) so.... you can't grow them a lot man.

For the upper i would suggest you adding 2-3 sets of incline DB bench press for 8-12 reps on your chest or push days. They work your upperchest like no other exercise.

For the lower zone i would suggest you hanging leg raises. Look for PROPER form on youtube, your legs should be TOTALLY straight when raising them. With abs: form>>>> weight or reps. Do them for 2-3 sets for 8-12 reps on your leg or deadlift day depending on the routine you follow.

If you are already doing this or similar then there is not much to it man, as i said there is just not enough muscle there to grow as much as other zones. And looking at your abs they seem pretty well developed as they are now, so you won't ever see much more if you don't reduce even more your body fat level. That would be the only other thing that would make it look better, but you wouldn't be adding any more size

wow man. Just chill ffs. Nobody ever reaches his genetical potential, you can get to a 99% but you will never reach it, so stop caring so much for it.

It's not about the end goal, but more about always going towards it, even little by little. That is what "making it" is all about, you will always be improving, always, but you would have made it when you stop caring about where you will be next week or year.

Who do admire? who do you look up to? Have they all reached their genetical potential? Of course not m8, they probably just know how to enjoy life where they are now, while they work hard to move one inch closer to their potential. They have "made it". It's just that simple

Are earrings gay in the US I'm brown if that matters

that still didnt answer my question, to ME making it is MAKING it. lol jk its getting somewhat close to natty potential. i look up to the made up version of me that made it 80% to his natty potential at 30. but it constantly changes. also my dads 5'5 230lbs manlet beef cake cop friend. hes huge.

hey this is Yeah I do leg raises / db incline. I honestly feel DYEL so it shit like this that makes me want to get on roids. ( i never will tho)

incline bench and ohp

Some chicks like them but guys are all going to think you're retarded for wearing them.

>5 Years
I've been lifting for 5 months and I could look better if you gave me a month to cut. What fucking program are you on?

3x6 whatever the fuck i haven't done recently program

I'll be the judge of that, lets see that dad bod

Will take pics in 30 mins.

You don't actually need a protein shake in order to get enough protein do you? I tried a protein shake and It tasted like shit.

Try mixing it with milk instead of water. But no, as long as you get minimum 1g per KILO of bodyweight then you'll be fine.

Thanks I'll give that shot. I haven't tried powder yet. It was a store bought shake that was chocolate.

What do you do on rest days?

I don't have work today and Im bored out of my mind. I don't want to start stuffing my face out of boredom and I've been lurking here for like 5 hours.

On a PPL routine does it matter whether you do it:

PPLPPLRest
LPPLPPRest

Etc does the order matter basically

[Posting here too because we always have at least 2 of these up...]

Noob here, lifting for 3 months, started at couch potato mode.

Wtf do I do about assymetrical developement? My Squat sucks, but my Deads are pretty good and so are Chin-ups. Bench could be better, but it's going along OK...

My estimated one rep maxes according to symmetricstrength.com :

Back Squat: 72 kg - Untrained, not even close to Novice
Deadlift: 111 kg - Novice, but halfway to Intermediate
Bench Press: 65 kg - Novice
Overhead Press: 43 kg - Novice
Chin-up: 19 kg added (or 8 reps bodyweight) - Novice, about halfway to Intermediate

I'm a man, 6ft tall, 154lbs and 30 years old.

What are some good fractional plates for my OHP? I'm sick of no progression at 65 lbs without them, I don't really need a whole set, probably just two 1.25 lb weights, or two 1.5 lb weights.

Most of the ones on Amazon seem low quality or have mixed reviews. The ones that aren't low quality are sets that have 1/8th plates that I will not use.

Sleep for ultra-recovery

best way to get rid of doms?

Had a tennis tournament yesterday and right forearm is still pretty sore, as well as legs, back etc

Already missed one workout today, don't want to wait an extra day as well

Can I get some dumbbell exercises to look good shirtless, mainly chest? I'm skinnyfat right now trying to get into otter. Been doing a lot of cardio, OHP, dips and lateral raises. What else? Looking to get a pull up bar.
Is doing dumbell flyes on the floor a dumb idea? Floor presses, do those work?
Working out from home sucks.

Planet fitness would be ok for you because you would only need machines

Any side effects to ZMAs? Feeling a tad more anxious/nervous since I started taking them.

I can't get bitches with loose skin and stretch scars, even if they're healed up so why even try to get swole?

Trying to measure my bodyfat with calipers alone. Most sites seem to recommend the tricep and back as sites, but obviously I can't do those on my own. Should I just pick different sites and do a 3-site test?

>

so, the biggest argument against a beginner doing 531 is that a beginner can increase weights every workout (3-4 times per week), while 531 only increases weight after each 3 week cycle (or 6 weeks alternatively)

what if I enjoy the program, and don't mind the slow progression?
will I "use up my gains" on this program or something, by going too slow?

I ask because I am still a novice on SL5x5, but I like the setup with 4 workouts on 531 better
and the %-based program looks fun

why are compound exercises often associated with low rep range and isolation exercises often associated with hypertrophy rep range? can I do SL but substitute all rep ranges for 4*10?

you won't lose out on anything except for time, of which you only have a limited amount on this Earth, ergo

My squat went down after i switched to lowbar. Does this just mean i have shit form?

can I get a body fat estimate? I'm 6'0 and 175 lbs.

cause strength is more important for compounds and the point of isolations are hypertrophy

Currently on my first cut, is there any point in doing cardio if I'm already at a 500 cal deficit?

How much do you want to lose and how patient are you?

The more you cut each day, the less time it takes.

thanks for rewording my question. question was why.

I'd imagine the basic reasoning is that compound exercises distribute weight over multiple muscles, which allow them all to work together and resist more weight, whereas isolation exercises stress a single muscle group more than a compound which tears more fibers to get repaired, thus causing muscle growth.

It's why you see bodybuilders deadlifting 600 pounds but curling

These things help with forearm strength and size? Should i get one or is it a meme?

>These things help with forearm strength and size?
No, it helps with grip strength, which is already a meme because you can increase grip strength by hanging from a chin up bar.

Fatty Here
What is the best TDEE calculator and macro calc online? I dont know my body fat %, trying to lose weight and lift.

They aren't designed to replace any lifts, but to supplement them. Who wants to go hang from a pipe at work when they can just squeeze a grip trainer for 5-10 minutes every hour?

Just squeezing those 5-10 minutes every hour is a dumb way to train grip. Train it like you would any other muscle. With sets, reps, rest and progressive overload.

It's not dumb. It's supplemental. Grip is something isn't trained consistently when lifting. These help add additional action and muscle use.

there is no "best" because your actual TDEE is surrounded by a bunch of variables. A TDEE is more of a calculated estimate. You have to find out what works best.

Personally I like tdeecalculator.net because it's simple. If you're trying to lose weight from fatty status keep your activity at sedentary.

If you lose weight with a 500kcal deficit. Then keep doing it. Wait with cardio till you stall for some weeks

Do you rec anything for macros?

Hey bro. The answer is to squat more and dead less. Also some Accessoires for squats like the leg press. Good luck!
I know it sounds like a meme but you can use water bottles.
Train through Doms, go to a sauna, get a massage, also vitamins.
Go for scooby, it really is not that important to get a super accurate result, if you stall, less calories. Consistency is the most important

Have a cat

thanks brother

Then please explain why grip isnt like any other muscle and shouldnt be trained like any other muscle.

You dont see people do curls for 5-10 minutes every hour for stronger biceps. The muscles in the forearm is just like any other muscle. It needs heavy resistance with progressive overload, and rest. And its easy to train it consistently. Just do heavy db rows with some cheating, deadlifts, chin ups with a towel. Farmers walk, pinching weight plates. Etc.

Recommended squat form for someone with long femurs compared to torso/tibia? I find it to be my hardest lift to progress.
I'm 5'11" with a knee-to-top of hips length of roughly 24".

35 protein 35 carbs 30 fat.
that's the usual recommendation.

Also, depending on your fatness, you can lose up to 2 pounds per week.

that low of protein even if im lifting?

At what point would I change that

Stretch your hips. Your squat will always suck, and depth will always be difficult. Get more range of motion in your hips so you can hit parallell. Make sure you arent going too far and round your lumbar spine.

those are percentages, not grams.

You only need 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass, and even that's debated as too much throughout the community. Especially as you being fat you likely don't need much at all to get the full effect,

Thanks, Veeky Forumsbro.

Oh......................Alright cool thanks dude.

3 minutes of stretching every day is enough. Stretch hammies with a straight back. Just like a straight legged deadlift.

You may need to stretch calves too