Next in line at the grocery store

>Next in line at the grocery store
>Huge adrenaline rush and sweating
Who else /socialanxiety/?

fitness?

When im alone every time, with GF never. intrestings

>'thank you come again!'
>you too

i take medication for my anxiety (an snri called effexor fyi) so my anxiety isnt nearly as bad, but i still cannot into spontaneous human interaction

This is mental health

We've been over this the 7 other times you've replied like this

he doesnt feel //Veeky Forums// enough to participate in society you fucking gimp boy

> next in line at grocery store
>"good m-morning"
> it's pitch black outside, like 8PM

Social Anxiety doesnt exist, youre just a fucking pussy, and so is everybody else with their self-proclaimed 'social anxiety'

>item scans
>it's not on sale and priced too high
>need to tell cashier to cancel it
I'm 25, I shouldn't have such minor things worry me. What the fuck is wrong with my brain?

Yes, thank you for the insight.

are you fucking retarded? i feel anxious at times and it keeps me from doing important shit. ergo i take a fucking pill so its more manageable for me. how does that not make sense to you? id rather be a FUCKING KEK TO PFIZER!!!!!!! and eat their pills instead of never going outside and live as a neckbeard dyel

>self proclaimed
>implying

>get nervous and speak way too fast and don't even make sense
>tfw no friends
>never had a gf
;_;

>special snowflake pussy detected
it's surely some "disorder" that's holding you back lel

I only have social anxiety when I am in unpredictable situations.

Say, normal grocery store shopping is OK. However, if the cashier tries to start small talk with me, I start feeling dizzy.

Same, if I have to do a work presentation in front of some people, I feel healthily nervous. However, going to a party makes me sweat, dizzy and feel like running away.

>not even at the store yet
>sweating
>cheat day
>tfw people internally judging my stuff

Work on fixing whatever it is you're self-conscious about. Good looking people aren't anxious all the time.

>cashier tries to make small talk

>at liquor store
>"hey i see you here all the time"

>tfw too smart to be confident

Get a job in sales faggot. It will force you to talk to and approach strangers all day long and you will be motivated to talk to them cause you won't get paid if you don't sell.

just joke that it's been a long queue you faggot

I feel comftroable in familiar environments now, but god damn its been an uphill battle to get to that point. I have a few friends now, but the amount of energy it takes to talk to new people is tiring and i feel sick constantly whenever i have to perform in social situations.

Should i get help?

>be in the line for the register at the grocery store
>I'm next
>I instantly realize I forgot to my items on the conveyor belt
>see that the faggot behind me is technically next in the order
>having trouble controlling my voice volume when I speak, I accidentally shout, ''MY TURN''
>guy behind my stares at me in shock
>still time to save face, just be stoic
>i start handing my items to the cashier one by one
>she asks me if it wouldn't be easier to just place all my items on the conveyor belt
>''ain't no rest for the wicked'' I tell her, thinking I would sound cool
>realize she probably thinks I just called her 'Wicked'
>thinking I might have hurt her feelings, I blurt out ''SORRY'' maybe 10 seconds after my comment.
>she doesn't know how to respond, just looks bewildered at me
>my social anxiety is skyrocketing at this moment.
>realize that my weird social behavior coupled with the fact that my only items are canned tunas, and that I'm buying about 20+ of them, might make me come across as a freak
>thinking I should reassure everyone in the line why I bought so much tuna, I tell them ''No pain no gain'''
>a couple of girls at the end of the line start laughing and whispering things to each other
>at this point I'm on the verge of tears, just want to leave the store
>I scramble to pick up as many cans of tuna I could, I get about half of them and rush to the door
>the cashier yells at me ''Still have to pay for those''
>I stop, and drop everything at hand thinking I'm done for now
>suddenly think about the movie Drive, and how the goose was a smooth criminal in it
>'alright you got this'
>I slowly gaze at her, point to the dude that was behind me and say, ''he was next in line'' while winking.
>the girls are now hysterically laughing at me, while I'm frozen with my finger still pointed at the dude.
>come to my senses and run out of the store, jump on my bike and drive home, while full blown crying and sobbing.

Ive known a few people in my life who had "social anxiety"

The only reason people have social anxiety in the first place, is if they werent very social for a long time, so social settings become uncomfortable.

No normal kid who spends his free time hanging out with friends or girls will randomly develop social anxiety.

Most of you are just retards who spent a few years or longer in front of your pc, or just generally alone. And now youre stuck with social anxiety, its your own fault.

Easiest way to get rid of it is just by actively being social, get a job where you have to work together with people for 8 hours, itll be gone pretty quickly.

1) you focus on her
2) you and I both know she'd leave your ass for a man who doesn't get anxiety over saying hello to a cashier. So - you won't show it.

More pls. This shit makes my day.

Work to control and standardize your breathing. Realize that you don't fit a whole conversation into one splurge of words. Don't present your concern, argument, and solution in one go. Break it into smaller chunks and listen to the other person's response.

>see the same QT cashier every time
>she always smiles at me whenever she sees me
>even when she isnt on cash
>tfw knees weak palms sweaty

holy shit and i thought i was fucked.

we feel more secure when we're with people who are on our side so to speak.

"strength in numbers"

>get a job where you have to work together with people for 8 hours
Been there, doing that. Socializing with people is more exhausting than working out, they drain so much energy.

And it doesn't change anything in regards to being significantly less socially awkward.

>doing groceries with my football squad
hmmmmm