>murrican education

I wish I could remember to do math. Feels bad to have forgotten so much of it

The answer is 0 you retard, I don't eat fucking carbs

Their*

>The answer is 0 you retard, I don't eat fucking carbs

Only correct answer

>hurr scaling a variable won't change the integral

>hurr I use degrees

you're both faggots, and Veeky Forums is full of faggots for not remembering their fourier transform pairs

also the answer is pi

faggots

>Tfw too intelligent to do math

sec, actually studying for my calculus midterm

*5pi/2, can't count

this is Veeky Forums
hotdogs aren't variables, they're constant and = 0

i love math

Answer is 0

it doesn't matter son

i actually lmaoed my ass of at this.
Solution is:
? = (5/2)*pi (thx wolframalpha for solving my integrals )

i'm too intelligent to not use wolfram alpha for fucked up integrals

nice math gainz braaaaaah

This is the correct answer

>if three bottles equal 30 together, then each bottle must be 10
>thus, if 10 plus 2 burgers equals 20, the two burgers together equal 10, and so each burger is equal to 5
>following similar logic, we find that each jug equals 2 from the next equation
>burger plus burger minus beer means 5+5-10, so the lower bound of the integral is zero
>letting hotdog=x as our variable, and plugging in values, the integrand becomes (10 • sin x)/(2x)
>integrand simplifies to (5 • sin x)/x
>take the 5 out and the whole integral becomes 5 times the integral from 0 to infinity of (sin x)/x
>the integral from 0 to infinity of (sin x)/x equals pi/2
>multiplying by the 5 gives 5•pi/2 as the final answer

Thus the answer is (5•pi)/2. Also this was like, a first month of Calc I tier problem. The first half with the food equations could be done by a fifth grader, so anyone who couldn't figure that out should feel like a retard, because they probably are. The second half is literaly just plugging in numbers and then solving an incredibly simple integral. Anyone who took even a little Calculus should be able to figure this out with ease.

Seriously this.
I only did it by hand to see if I still remember anything.

i'm also too intelligent to notice the minus sign in the lower limit of integration

They're*

>dubs replying to dubs
Nice.meme
Too bad your both wrong it's there**

you think I remember the integral of sinx/x off the top of my head? i'm way too intelligent

It doesnt really have a nice integral right? like e^-(x^2)

Nah that's wrong.

correct answer right here, now try this one

I'm an engineer and I've forgotten everything I know about calculus. Don't need it, so why know it?

>lower limit = 20

Pretty sure it's 0 brah

you know civil engineering doesnt count, right?

Are you Swedish?

I know it doesn't. I'm an electrical engineer.

structural engineering and stength of materials is one of the hardest fields you can study. have you ever taken a class in fracture mechanics m8?

Got my BS in Aerospace engineering.
Solid mechanics wasn't so bad. I can see how graduate study would be a lot harder.

5pi/2

it literally doesn't matter because it's an indefinite integral

Calc 1 problem first month?
Chink detected

>sausages are carbs

>indefinite integral
but its not, it's just improper

>google sausage nutrition
>"Total carbs 1.5g"
>sausages are carbs

Kekd heartily

>first month of Calc1
>already into improper integrals

8.5/10 b8

sorry I got confused

I know my math haha

it's a dirichlet integral, you have to integrate by converting to complex exponentials then use the residue theorem

solid mechanics that mech es do and aero es do is not as advanced as what civil es do

t. mech e and aero e

we did some linear elastic fracture mechanics but civ Es do more

i know, i missed the minus sign because i didn't enlarge the thumbnail see below

tbqh i didn't remember what the integral of sinx/x was off the top of my head, only that you couldn't do it by integration by parts or substitution

you need calculus, diffeq, and linear algebra, but that doesn't mean you need to remember integral sinx/x

I'm doing a phd in math, i keked harder thant i'm confortable to admit.

analysis or algebra

To all the niggas who passed calc 1&2 I have a question. I'm required to take college algebra and trigonometry before I can take calc. Do you recommend taking a precalc class along with that or will college algebra and trig be good enough prep?

I'm not a math guy but I'm pretty sure there a simpler way than the residue theorem.

Rate my autism

there's some way to do it that involves a series expansion, there's some other way to do it involving laplace transforms, and then there's just looking up what integral sinx/x is from 0 to infinity (pi/2)

electrician =/= electrical engineer
1/5 bait

This is the last thing we did in Calc I

>cant integrate sinc
kys

Electrical engineers still do wiring lmao. If you get a job in a power station, railway, oil rig etc as an EE, you'll be playing with wires and troubleshooting faults much more than you will be doing Fourier transforms. If you want to sit and do math all day, you'll have to get a job designing the systems, not fixing them.

Take it

>Veeky Forums

PDE (sub part of analysis) but there are a lot of other things that analysis and algebra.

>memorizing integrals

brainlet detected

integration by parts, where you use 1/x and sen(x)

why would I remember that off the top of my head? it's been 3 years since I had to do these types of integrals

you pretty much have to memorize some types of integrals, unless you mean to tell me you do the series expansion each time you want to integrate sin(x)/x or cos(x)/x, or derive every trig substitution from first principles when you need to do integration by trig substitution

i realize you're all in calc I, maybe calc II, but nobody does this shit by hand unless they're a math major later on in their education

lol. try it then wiseass.

that's what my ex is doing her phd in, pure or applied?

pure, but i'll probably have to pretend it's a bit applied to ease up the job finding part after my PHD...

>you pretty much have to memorize some types of integrals

I don't. But i remember sin(x)/x has no closed form primitive and that the integral over R+ is widely known. So i know where to look up to find it.

implying im doing fucking integration by parts

brainlet detected

>my math skills make up for my bad numbers
>inb4 "I pull 4 pl8 dick lifts for 100 reps"

>knowing how to do integrals is indicative of being smart

actually, being proud of knowing how to do obscure integrals is brainlet tier. Anyone that studies anything actually difficult knows integrals are a pain in the ass and you should always use a computer for generic or annoying-generic ones.

>smart people are smart because they let computers do their work

Sounds like you're the stupid one here. It's alright, I hear that they're petitioning for $15/hour for burger flippers in California :^)

>look Veeky Forums I can do an integral they teach you in calc 2 and you never use after that aren't I smart!

I at least hope you used a contour to do it, little brainleto

>"look how easy it is"
>salty that he still can't do it

Like I said, you're the stupid one here.

Lower limit is 0 u retardo

:^)

>british schoolijg system
>no further education
>you guys are posting fucking jibberish

>tfw too stupid to do this

why the fuck can you just use a random semi circle

why arent there any angles or stuff in this integral? wtf?

>its a faggots on /fit humble brag while fake arguing about how to do a math problem

wow cool are you in college? oh wait you already told me

>not verifying the contribution from the semi-circular arc tends to zero
>integrating over a contour that passes through the pole

nice b8

>verifying something that is obvious
did you want me to prove eulers formula too before I used e^iz?

>integrating over a contour that passes through the pole
>he didnt know
cute little brainlet

>small time uni freshmen circlejerking each other
lmao

You can't solve it as a definite intigral, it's irregular.

>>verifying something that is obvious

if you're going to post a show-off answer, you might as well do it right

It's not a show off answer. It's the only way I know how to anymore

Integral of [sin(x)]/x dx from 0 to infinity; is always pi/2 faggot why would you even do all this work?

Hope you know advance mathematics pratically useless. But dont worry youll have a masters degree in no time. Fucking cuck.

Nice self-portrait. Really fits your post well rofl

Make sure to take a seflie with your useless masters degree. Probably should make a theorem on why you dont have a gf. Dont forget the lemma to help you prove it either.

I'm getting fucking tilted brah, I hate when people say I'm an electrician. Hahaha.

Sitting and doing maths all day sounds like shit.
Yeah, I get to go out to sites and play with wires and it's fun. Getting hands on was one of my main motivations for becoming an engineer. And no one starts design systems straight out of uni. You do the troubleshooting work first so you have a basis of experience for designing later.

Cuz i didnt know that integral. Havent since freshman year

Its easier to know the method that lets you solve all the problems than memorize answers to special cases

the trick is that there are 2 jalapeños when the sub is only 1 jalapeño

>baby microlocal analysis

not much to brag about, fag.

Nerd
> showing off to females
> spend a few minutes explaining how they came to the conclusion

Me
> Flex

>nobody proving the sinx/x integral