Why is this allowed? Whats wrong with america?

Why is this allowed? Whats wrong with america?

>Whats wrong with america?

America is all about giving people what they want and not what they need. It's why high school (and college) curriculum has been dumbed-down to the point of being extended daycares and it's why they serve pizza at gyms.

There's just no discipline anymore, but there are plenty of lazy, self-professed geniuses sitting around wondering why they aren't getting paid more to sit around and wonder.

What the actual fuck

It's a good business model.

>Open gym
>"Judgement free zone"
>Give them pizza and bagels so they stay fat
>They keep coming back to eat and workout
>Charge them $10 a month
>Rinse and repeat

Apparently some Planet Fitness locations have issues with homeless people.

I mean think about it, for $10 a month you get a bathroom and shower, plus two meals.

>free bulk
>people on Veeky Forums complaining
Veeky Forums yet again confirmed dyel. you'd appreciate the free bulk if you actually lifted and needed the calories. nevermind, keep eating your 2000kcal per day and stay small.

When's the last time you ate Pizza OP?

>bulking with bagels for carbs instead of oats or rice

Stat fat/IFFYM

Wait you're telling me you plebs actually watch what you eat? That's hilarious.

FYI, this thread is because of

>eat one bagel
>think "OMG I'M NOT GONNA BE LIKE THE GUYS I JERK OFF TO IN GOAL BODY THREADS"
There's a point where all this becomes an unhealthy addiction and I think you're on that line bud

>not wanting to be shredded as faurk

never gonna make it

>you are more commited to bodybuilding than I am
>you have a better physique
>you have more willpower, drive, work ethic

y-you're obsessed!

>It's a good business model.
It's not just a good business model, it's an amazing business model

>Charge $10
>Most people go for $20 so they can bring a friend, because they're too scared of gyms to lift alone
>There's a $60 renewal fee in there once a year too
>Cater to fat people
>They'll use the gym twice, but never cancel their membership because "I'll go tomorrow"

I really wish I had thought of it. It's basically a way to tax fat people for being fat, and make money at the same time.

Post a picture of yourself
Don't type a single thing or an excuse or anything I don't want to hear it I want to see where your commitment to bodybuilding has gotten you.

>tfw that's me
I'm more skinny fat but have some body dysmorphia since I was super fit in high school and I'm constantly comparing myself to what I used to be. I did the $20 membership because my BF was supposed to go with me but he started working ~60 hours/week so I'd just go by myself twice a week and use the massage chairs afterwards to feel like I'm doing something exclusive with my Black Card. I just finished the school semester so I'm going to try to make a habit of going now so when school starts up I'll have a routine in place already.

I've never gone to their bagel Tuesdays because I never wake up early enough and I'm so over pizza for their pizza Mondays.

>MFW Planet Fitness must accept homeless hordes into their 'Not Critics' safe zones
It really tests liberal sensibility when confronted with the great unwashed

fatties pay money for a gym membership, the gym pays a little money to encourage them to stay fat, fatty pays money for a gym membership (THIS time they'll stick it out), repeat

>wrong with america
some genius has come up with a business which makes millions of dollars from buffoons who don't care about personal health

i'd say that's a huge win in my book. god bless american business

America is a continent. You're talking about Hicksville. And hicks are lazy about fitness.

Stuff like this makes me happy that if people put their mind to it, they can survive anything no matter the situation. Think about it, a one time investment in a cheap smartphone gets you a supercomputer that can access the internet and make calls and send text messages. A one time investment of a cheap car gives you a place to sleep and the ability to travel around.

For a small fee you can get access to free calls and internet each month, and you can charge your phone pretty much everywhere. And for $10 a month you get access to a morning exercise, shit, shave and shower (and as you say two meals).

There are programs in many places that help give homeless people access to food and a place to sleep, and you can buy used clothes for practically nothing.

Maybe some day they'll be able to rent a small flat by finding a shit job at mcdonalds or by getting into a public university and taking student loans, and your quality of life snowballs from there.

Does my thinking make sense or am I being too optimistic?

Oh and I didnt even mention food stamps and government welfare

I'm jelly of that pizza bulking opportunity

I've thought about living out of my car and using my gym for showers just to save on rent. Why not?

>Does my thinking make sense

It does but then you have to wonder: What caused these people to become homeless in the first place? And it may be often things inside their mind that Planet Fitness cannot change

>this hoel thread

Veeky Forums in zee nutshell lol

>those flip flops
God dammit why do fatties love cheap flip flops so much? Flip flops like those are fine for the beach or walking around the yard but the picture looks like she's in a pretty cool-temperature place so her feet must be cold. And just look at how the right one bends.

Yes I'm mad.

where do they get their pizza from? Do they make it themselves?

Dominos
Source: I work at planet fitness

>judge free zone
>well unless you are trying to lift heavy things or push yourself too hard in general, in that case we'll start to call you names and ban from the """""""gym"""""""

beacause theyr fat fcuking feet wont enter normal people shoes
>too large for small numbers
>too short for large numbers
same reason why they wear curtains instead of actual clothes

T H I C C

Best is when they're so knock kneed that their heels don't line up with the "shoe".

Because they're lazy as fuck about their appearance.

95% of the success you have in life stems from your appearance, if not good luck ever getting that Friday 8:30pm reservation to Dorsia.

> Planet Fitness

Could there be an uglier color scheme? I bet the main investor hired his failing brother in law designer to come up with with the logos and design.

> Purple and YELLOW GUYS they're complementary colors!

Full retard.

Euphoric.

CHINLETS BTFO

I mean there's the fact that you don't have a kitchen. Or a bed. Or a place to bring qt3.14s
>implying

Please explain why I am being autistic. I'm from Scandinavia, I've never seen a homeless person in my country that wasn't a gypsy beggar.

>tax to fat people for being fat

Holy shit mfw that is great

Similar fucking boat.

I got it because of my cousin but wish I'd gone to gold's gym. At the time though this was my thought process
>maybe this isn't a great place cause there's a lot of fat people and if I wanna lose weight I should find a gym with healthier people to learn from
>oh fuck you fatty that sounds like a procrastinator excuse. sign the fucking form

But dumbbell deadlifts are doable and I doubt I'll squat much over 80 within the year since I'm such a weak bitch. Hopefully I'll make decent progress and lose weight fine enough through diet. Then at the end of the contract I can join a better gym I just found out about that not only has squat racks but boxing lessons and a huge rock climbing wall.

I mean losing weight is easy now. Catching my flow fine now after 2 months and 16 lbs but I worry about fucking myself up with this shit gym with no good trainers to check my form.

>oh fuck you fatty that sounds like a procrastinator excuse. sign the fucking form
But at least you signed the form and joined a gym! I'm sure you're doing better now than had you not joined. That new gym sounds awesome and I hope you can transition there smoothly! As for form, I'm sure you could find a way to record yourself and post on fit for their help.

I joined PF because it was close, it was cheap, and I had been there with my sister in the past and enjoyed it. I'm very casual with exercise and would probably be the topic of some "weird people you see at the gym" threads but that's okay. I feel like a doofus using the barbells for squats when the squat racks are occupied but other than that I just use the treadmill and the machines then go home.

Whats the problem here? Isn't everyone on a 2500 calorie and extremely muscular? A slice of pizza is not bad for you and a bagel is a god breakfast

Harsh but fair.

Also gaylets btfo.

The temptation sits there for the weak to falter. Place the pizza in between your teeth and work out to get all the endorphines from carbs, fats, oils, and sugar being in your mouth. You will digest a tiny bit, but not enough to nullify a workout at all. Only the strong-willed can do this without chewing.

where is this not allowed?????

also they don't have to replace their equipment because their customers rarely use that equipment

More like what's wrong with Planet Fitness. I go to a Mom and Pop gym that's a lot like Planet Fitness minus all of the gay rules. Plus I'm one of the three people that actually deadlift.

Former planet fitness employee here

The base membership is 10 dollars which includes just access to the gym

Then there's the black card membership which allows access to the spa (massage chairs and tanning) and you can bring 1 guest which is 20 dollars

The "hidden" part of it is the annual fee which """""guarantees""""" that your rates never change and it's 3 dollars added on per month

so with tax, the base membership is 15 a month and the black card is 25 a month

I used to get bored and look at all of the members accounts, some people would still pay per month but never came in once

>10 + 3 = 15
No wonder you worked at PF.

i really hope you delete your post before anyone else sees it..

>with tax

I hate how they advertise themselves as "24 hours" and still close some nights. I've missed quite a few workouts by showing up after 6:00 on the weekends and at all on labor day.

>10 + 3 + tax = 15

What do you mean why is this allowed? First, the question should be why the fuck do people even go to PF? Second, it's an amazing business strategy. Think about it: how can the gym make money? They need fat fuckers that want to lose weight but don't want to actually put in the work. What do fat fuckers love? That's right... fat fuck food. What keeps such fat fuck in gym and allows the gym to profit? Still being a fat fuck

>drink a gallon of milk a day
>eating a slice of pizza is bad

Veeky Forums actually believes this

They designed a colour scheme that would make people want to leave quickly.

How can you even do any of those on a smith machine

lol for real

I'd imagine the "serious" people would get creative.

I used to overhead press at planet fitness all the time. They have 80lb barbells so I just did 3x12.

Thank god I'm finally at a real gym...

no you've just never been poor this can only work in your head.

In the real world its illegal to sleep in your car, cars require gas and maintenance, jobs require an address. Smart phones and service cost money and the first time you park somewhere your not suppose to your homeless again.

>believing the bulking and cutting meme

once a month, ONCE A MONTH, they have pizza. It is to teach moderation. you can have some piece once a month, workout consistently, and still be in good shape.

planet fitness staff detected

Did you trigger the lunk alarm yet?

The one I went to for 3 months did pizza and bagels once a week and candy every day.

I will be honest I saw a lot of fat people there doing cardio when I showed up and they were still running when I left 1.5hours later so they seemed committed to losing weight.

Candy is simple carbs that can give you a burst of energy during your workout and burns off fast.

I just signed up for blackcard last week. Plan on going with a gym bro who will give me 10$ a month to bring him /w the guest pass

Color scheme is sickening, disgusting nigger pop rap music for getting the white womyns wet and motivated, Also most sickening is that advertisements literally play over the speakers. If they are going to blast me with ads then the gym should be free

However, I did the math and it is like 1/2 as cheap as any other gym in my area, plus it's right across the street. pretty easy decision hopefully I can get some good gains this year and then go to a less shitty gym.

I signed up for InShape for a year and never went. I signed up for planete fitness (10$) and never went.

Now i am hoping that by having people to go with it will help me stick with it.

>burns off fast
>this is how hamplanets justify it

it doesn't "burn off" at all if you eat more than you need, which is easy to do with candy.

what would happen if you needed energy, but didn't consume candy? could your body tap into some type of stored energy?

do peoplenot understand what cheat meals are. a fucking piece of pizza once a month will do nothing to your gains

Why is it considered racist to say that black people ate all the pizza when its true? t. pic related

is it worth getting a membership just for pizza monday if I'm on bulk?

My gym has like a pre-chrismas party with candy, chips etc. My gyms owner is a IFBB-pro. Its OK to have sweets if your not fat.

the goose is loose

Scandinavia has a functioning welfare state and provides an adequate safety net to its citizens.

America doesn't give a fuck about the structural failures in its economy because it lets the wealthy circlejerk about how hard working they are when actually they either inherited wealth or grew up surrounded by opportunities not available to most.

epik meme my dude. one piece of pizza is 100,000 calories

No shit, it's not called BOPAD, retard.

where does it say one slice?

I wonder why they have rules against deadlift?

if you're deading >315, no matter how slow and controlled you release the rep its gonna make a pretty loud bang m8

>America is all about giving people what they want and not what they need

That's capitalism my man. People are free to choose what they want and others are free to give it to them.

>It's why high school (and college) curriculum has been dumbed-down to the point of being extended daycares

I'm sure that had nothing to do with women entering university

>14% tax rate
Whole bunch of people who would be perfect for PF.

Yeah just what a fatty needs is a glucose shot so they spend half their time burning off a tootsie roll instead of that massive gut

planet fitness

more like planet fatness

Planet Fatness

More like Hamplanet Fatness

>It's a good business model.
>>Open gym
>>"Judgement free zone"
>>Give them pizza and bagels so they stay fat
>>They keep coming back to eat and workout
>>Charge them $10 a month
>>Rinse and repeat
Throw in a no-grunting, SO MUCH CARDIO, and very basic weights policy to exclude most actual lifters to prevent your whales from feeling sad about what they are missing and you basically have a self perpetuating cycle of lard and cash.

if they stay fat they will need your gym services longer

Who is retarded enough to cancel their gym membership as soon as he gets thin? You will just become fat again.

A fuckload of people, you clearly have no idea how lazy the average fatso is.

Wow, she's so fat she bends light around her stomach.

But a gym isn't a fucking library. There's music blaring from the speakers and people tend to wear headphones, anyway. There will be noise from every exercise.
I don't get it, there must be something else - like, it's a gym for people that don't want to succeed (pizza and bagel days - wot - Planet Pizza don't want you to succeed either). Not to mention limits on exercises. In a gym.
Nobody that wants to actually make it, would go for it.

The hard part is mostly finding a job.

It's called freedom, stay jelly cucks

>pizza and bagels make you fat
?

>hating on thongs

fuck off cunt

That's how it works.
Don't act dumb. No gym does this kind of a thing if they don't actively want their members to fail, but still keep coming and get hooked up on free pizza 'n shit. Plus, limits on EXERCISES. In a gym. Judgement free zones, while they have a "Lunk Alarm". They deserve to die, just like the Chinese who used melamine instead of protein in their products and killed people.

No. Stop pretending to be retarded. Pizza and bagels don't make you fat just like guns don't kill people. People kill people.

If you blame others for weight gain you were never gonna make it anyway. If you think whether or not a gym gives free food determines the recklessness of their patrons then you also fail to realize a Starbucks or McDonald's is probably across the street. Pizza and bagels is the healthiest option a person can choose at this point. Food can be fattening but it doesn't make you fat.