Trying to diet to cut for the first time. Read the sticky and did the calculations...

trying to diet to cut for the first time. Read the sticky and did the calculations. Then went and looked at other places with their calculations. it varies widely fro ma lowest of 1700 to a high of 2400. How can they be so different and which one am i to believe to be the right one? Been trying to figure it out for a week now and about to say screw it.

Just do 1700 you pussy

>tfw dropped 40 pounds and at the point where I'm losing all my muscle too and seem to have developed an eating disorder and people tell me I'm wasting away

JUST

Try one of the numbers and check your weight once or twice a week. If you're dropping too fast, increase your intake. If you're not dropping at all, lower it. It's not rocket surgery.

Look man, I am studying dietetics at uni, what are your questions and shit? If you have a tape measure handy, i can help you out with some shit. are you in the thread?

how much do you weigh, how old are you, what's your body fat % (if you don't know i can help you find it)

but i gotta go out soon, so if you're around i will help, if not, fuck ya.

losing weight isnt but keeping muslce while losing weight is

35, bf=17.4%, weight 207.

that's pretty exact with the body fat, what method did you use to obtain, and how much exercise do you elect, and what's your work?

I need your height too champ.

I did a quick calc of if you were 181cm, I don't think 1700 is enough if you lead any sort of active lifestyle.

i bought calipers and did a 7 point test using the jackson-pollock equation. weight lift an hour to an hour and a half 5 days a week.

5'9"

soz for late reply, was at gym.

Here's what I found: your BMR is basically 2000kcal, TDEE is 3200kcal, which means I would recommend you eat 2200-2400kcal, 40-40-20 carbs, proteins, and fats.

maybe less fats, if you want, but make sure you're eating 60-70g a day of fat, at least 20-25 from saturated fats.

and i cross referenced this with a TDEE calculator online, and it's within 1%.

recalculate your body fat with the Parrillo Caliper Method and tell me your results, JP is mainly for athletes. IE: if you're trying to lose bulk weight, it can be inaccurate. I am just concerned your TDEE looks too high

>Parrillo Caliper Method
ok, hold on doing it now

comes to 22.39

Does that seem more accurate to you?
Just for laughs, do the navy tape method as well, but i'd wager if you're trying to lose weight, you're probably closer to 20-22 than 17. I'll be back in a sec

That brings your basal down to 1700 or so, which makes your TDEE 3000Kcal, so eat 2050-2500kcal a day and see how you go.

Whoa, I thought that was Freeza.

how in the fuck did you see freeza?

You have gone vegan right? No point trying to cut otherwise

If I could hijack OP's thread for a second, I plugged my numbers into a basic calorie calculator and it suggested I should be eating about 1300 calories a day.

I'm 6'1" and 202 lbs, sedentary job and I lift three times a week. Does this sound too low?

Wtf that's way too low wtf are you doing
You need at least 3000 for maintenance